CTrink

After NOA2... Just looking for guidance

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello everybody, Ann and I just received our NOA2 on Oct. 8th. Well you see for my birthday Ann's mother decided to get her a plane ticket to come visit me here in America for a birthday present :P well you see she's been here since Sept. 27th, and is scheduled to leave the 7th of Dec. Does anyone see any problem with that and us receiving NOA2? Also I've searched the forums and all looking for answers, I'm sure they're posted somewhere, but I cannot find them... I'm wondering because I am currently a student working P/T at K•B Toys and only making $7.15/hr, does anybody see a problem with my affidavit of support? Will they understand that I am currently a student, and that Ann will also become a student upon her arrival? Also if it is possible could anyone who has went through the U.S. Embassy in France please help me out with what she can expect as far as questions at her interview? Any links, info, or generally anything would help my cause, but in the end at the moment I'm so relieved that she is here for me to hold for a while, we were only separated 9 months since her last visit, but everybody here can understand the pleasure. Please, any information would be a great help. Thank you.

May 14th- Sent Application

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

USCIS will forward your packet to the NVC and that shouldn't take too long since you used VSC, but you never know. Ours took 5 weeks from CSC. Then it will be sent to the embassy and they will send her packet 3. Since she's not going home until Dec. 7th, she could very well receive packet 3 before that, yet not be able to return it until she's home and that will set you back some. As far as the affidavit, you must make 100% of the poverty level for I-134, and then 125% for I-184 which you'll need for adjustment of status. If you don't make that much, you'll need a co-sponsor.

K-1 Timeline

04/26/07 - I-129F sent

05/23/07 - NOA1

09/07/07 - NOA2

10/09/07 - NVC

10/20/07 - Packet 3

10/27/07 - Packet 4

11/07/07 - Medical

12/11/07 - Interview

12/25/07 - POE Chicago

AOS Timeline

01/18/08 - Wedding

01/24/08 - AOS Packet Sent

01/27/08 - NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP

03/27/08 - AP Received

05/01/08 - EAD Received

08/06/08 - RFE for I-485

08/18/08 - Case Resumed

08/26/08 - Card Production Ordered (no interview)

08/29/08 - Welcome Letter Received

09/02/08 - Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you don't meet the income requirements for the affidavit of support, you can get a co-sponsor such as your parents to help you meet the requirements.

Good Luck!!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.