LonnieNCarmie

Interview Stories (Caution Some Disturbing Events)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancee had her interview on OCT 2 at 7:30am. She Arrived at 4:30am to a line already. She started networking with some of the other fiancee there. They finally entered the lobby around 8:30am. She admitted being jealous about seeing some of the other fiancee women that had there fiance with them because they got to go ahead of everyone else first.

All the other fiancee had big folders I sent her one folder with all the required documents needed for her interview she felt in seeing that others had big folders some had 2 that hers wasn't enough. I gave her specific instructions to only give the Pre Screener what they asked for nothing more. Note some fiancee wanted to give pre screeners extra things and Pre screeners said only give me what I asked for nothing more with an attitude.

It was a long day she didn't get called until 3:00pm for the pre screener and she was talking to the CO at 3:30pm

Let me back up for a minute she observed a few things. One girl was getting asked many questions about her relationship because she was like 25 and her fiancee was 66 the prescreener asked her did she want kids she said yes, and the prescreener acted shocked because of the age of her fiance. That same girl went to the CO for her interview and she was denied.

My fiancee really bonded with one of the girls there after my fiancee had her interview and was approved her friend went in to have her interview she was requested after the interview to go into a different room for further questioning by NBI Agents they are equal to our FBI. They were very rude to her asked her alot of personal questions about her relationship

Example: Did you sleep with your fiance the first time you met him over here? After that she had to return the next day with some other documents and after it was cleared up they put her on AR. They said they don't have a set time to have a decision made but she did pay the Delbros Delivery Fee.

She felt if her fiance would have been there it would have made all the difference. He runs his own business and when he left his business for a month before to visit her his business almost went under so he was scared to risk it again.

The CO that interviewed my fiancee ask her How did you meet? When was the last time you saw him? What does he do for work? Does he have kids? Would you like kids one day? How old is your fiance? She replied 34 and he said oh he is around my age. He made reference to he had to sign alot of papers and that it was late my fiancee said yes my fiance is waiting for me to call and he hasn't been sleep yet. He asked how for she lived and he said let me get you out of here you are approved. Welcome the the United States. She was denied Visa Pickup .He basically asked everyting the Prescreener asked. My fiancee said He was very kind to her and put her at ease.

Definately if you can be there definately go to the interview if you can't make sure your fiancee knows alot about you even things you don't maybe want her to know. And Role Play the interview be very tough. And Network with other fiancee this paid off Huge in getting the Visa in hand. I will make a seperate post.

congrats for the approval :thumbs::dance:

although personally it wasnt a hindrance for my interview that my then fiance (now husband) wasnt there. but true i wanted him to be there just so i could see him coz i miss him. but as for making at the interview or not, though we planned him to be there just that the interview sked was so unexpected, it was still fine for me coz he visited me 3 times in 9 months, so it helped me alot to know him more and the CO was happy too that he made an effort to spend that so much time... as for my friend whose fiance was only there in phil one time and spent only 4 days, she's still approved... so it always depends on how you present your docs, how you answer the questions, how confident you are... it could be helpful if your fiance/e or spouse to be there if the beneficiary is too shy or really need some personal support. but other wise, most of us ladies did make it alone :thumbs:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Sorry I just can't follow your story

:yes:

:thumbs: Congratulations on the approval

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think that if your docs are not in order and you don't answer the questions correctly than they question how well you know each other I also visited my fiancee 3 times in 9 months also. Most fiancee do well even without there fiance there but preparation is everything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.