Jim&Gemz

Question about CFO Cebu

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mahal has to attend the CFO seminar next week and we have only 2 days to get it done. We were wondering if there is anyone here that has attended the seminar in Cebu recently. Our question is about how many people were there and how early did you get there. We were told by CFO there are only 15 positions a day. We don't want to take a chance on her not finishing the seminar before our departure next Thursday.

Thanks for any info you can give us! :)

Claudeth did the CFO the day before she left. She got there before 7am and was there all day.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My mahal has to attend the CFO seminar next week and we have only 2 days to get it done. We were wondering if there is anyone here that has attended the seminar in Cebu recently. Our question is about how many people were there and how early did you get there. We were told by CFO there are only 15 positions a day. We don't want to take a chance on her not finishing the seminar before our departure next Thursday.

Just be sure she has all the paperwork related to your case. If she doesn't they will ask her to bring it another day.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

You might want to read at this: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_cebu.htm so you'll have an idea what to bring. Make sure you got other pertinent documents like divorce decrees, pictures together, etc. because they might ask her for them.

Good luck! :thumbs: And have a safe trip!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Hi,

I'm also from Cebu and I had my CFO last Sept 17, 2007, just got here in the USA last Sept 23. It's better for her to be there around 7 am, since it's a first come first serve basis, she need to write her name on a piece paper that's pasted on the door, that's the order for the one on one counseling that will be done in the afternoon, so the earlier she gets there, the better. By the way the seminar will be done not at the CFO office but at St. Mary's , opposite San Carlos Boys' High and then she will go to the CFO office near the DFA office for the sticker. There are docs not listed on the list of requirements. I brought with me 2 pictures (of me and my fiancee) as advised on the phone by the counselor but they only got one. Photocopies of my birth certificate, cenomar, passport & visa and also bring 2 ID's like SSS, TIN, driver's license because they sometimes asked for additional ID's as I observed with the other ladies there. She can finish all of these within a day, so don't worry too much. I misplaced the contact nos I had, that could be useful for her, but anyways she can find it in the telephone directory.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.