OAA

Tourist Visa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Thanks for the input but let me clarify. I am the USC and am REQUIRED to have a visa to enter into Nigeria. In the past we would download the application and send the correct documentation + $100.00 to the consulate or embassy. The fees have increased and there is a new way to get the visas issued. You go the the website as stated previously enter the infromation and pay online. I have no sure idea what the new fess are because now I'm stuck trying to fill out the form. It REQUIRES you upload a picture from your PC, but the pixels are so tiny (100-140 height x 120-160width). I have tried dozens of times but it's not working. But wait there is a help desk phone number...IN ABUJA!!!! aaaarrrgggggg!!!!!!! If anyone has had success with this in the last couple of weeks can you let me know how you did it. Now I have tried calling the consulates in both New York and Atlanta..and the embassy in Washington. IF you can get someone to answer the phones...EVERY SINGLE TIME they transfer you to a FULL mailbox. Help please I am at the end of my rope.

Yeah my girlfriend and I thought that was what we were suppose to do. It took us hours to download the picture to find out that we didn't need to do that. I called the Embassy in DC and got a different answer. You will probably need to call. And yes it will take some time to get them but I was blessed to get them one morning early. Another thing, the website required that we purchase tickets first. By the time, I finished explaining that I shouldn't have to purchase the ticket to get the VISA, what if I didn't get the VISA. The lady told me to bring the application, correct fee, and letter of invitation. I had no problem. Keep trying to call them please. Another thing, I had my girlfriend FedEx me her passport and fee, I walked both ours into the Nigerian Embassy and got them back in three days.

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Timeline
Thanks for the input but let me clarify. I am the USC and am REQUIRED to have a visa to enter into Nigeria. In the past we would download the application and send the correct documentation + $100.00 to the consulate or embassy. The fees have increased and there is a new way to get the visas issued. You go the the website as stated previously enter the infromation and pay online. I have no sure idea what the new fess are because now I'm stuck trying to fill out the form. It REQUIRES you upload a picture from your PC, but the pixels are so tiny (100-140 height x 120-160width). I have tried dozens of times but it's not working. But wait there is a help desk phone number...IN ABUJA!!!! aaaarrrgggggg!!!!!!! If anyone has had success with this in the last couple of weeks can you let me know how you did it. Now I have tried calling the consulates in both New York and Atlanta..and the embassy in Washington. IF you can get someone to answer the phones...EVERY SINGLE TIME they transfer you to a FULL mailbox. Help please I am at the end of my rope.

Yeah my girlfriend and I thought that was what we were suppose to do. It took us hours to download the picture to find out that we didn't need to do that. I called the Embassy in DC and got a different answer. You will probably need to call. And yes it will take some time to get them but I was blessed to get them one morning early. Another thing, the website required that we purchase tickets first. By the time, I finished explaining that I shouldn't have to purchase the ticket to get the VISA, what if I didn't get the VISA. The lady told me to bring the application, correct fee, and letter of invitation. I had no problem. Keep trying to call them please. Another thing, I had my girlfriend FedEx me her passport and fee, I walked both ours into the Nigerian Embassy and got them back in three days.

Thanks for the suggestion...In checking the website today they have listed that they will not accept walk-up anymore and they refer you to they're new website. I was unable to contact them today due to a holiday so I'll try again tomorrow. I also tried about 10 times to upload a picture onto the application but no luck again... At this rate I may just cancel my trip.

Timeline

Thanks for the suggestion...In checking the website today they have listed that they will not accept walk-up anymore and they refer you to they're new website. I was unable to contact them today due to a holiday so I'll try again tomorrow. I also tried about 10 times to upload a picture onto the application but no luck again... At this rate I may just cancel my trip.

http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/immigration.shtml

check out this website. I think the website you are on is for people in Nigeria because it states the amount in Naira.

Don't give up, try the numbers from the website above. Food for thought, they are never in the office on Monday at the DC-Embassy. October 1st is a Nigerian holiday therefore; they celebrate here.

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well let us know how it works out. You definitely need a Visa to enter Nigeria. To go to Senegal you do not.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

Well, after raising h*ll in Atlanta, New York, Washington, Lagos and, Abuja I finally got an answer. All visa payments are now to be made via www.immigration.gov.ng After navigating you way hopeless through this site you will find the site is primarily for Nigerians. Before you do anything make sure you have your picture the correct pixel size(120x140no more, no less, it will not work with any other pixel size). Next fill out the online form and upload your picture on to the form(Print the completed form before you enter). Next click on the payment key. It will request you make payment at one of the Nigerian banks listed for the amount of 4100 naira(wonder if someone over there can pay for your visa?). You cannot make a payment here... you must blindly stumble around the site to find the Google check out link. At the Google link set up an account(if you dont have one already) and pay. Then go back to the visa site to confirm they have your payment. You can also see the status of your visa...Wait you're not finish. You now have to print everything and MAIL it to the consulate or embassy of your choice. Include your travel itinerary, invite letter,copies of all the application and confirmation forms AND either $20 standard or $65 expedited processing fee. Send this to the consulate/embassy(ATL NYC, DCA). Because I hope to travel over again within 12 months I requested a multi-entry visa(I was told to write this MULTI_ENRTY VISA in bold letters accross the top of the application). They said the cost was the same as the single entry visa(we'll see). I also included a pre-paid self addressed next day return envelope. I Fed-Ex it all today so they should have it tomorrow. I'm praying that I will have the visa by the end of next week because I have to have another visa issued. Thanks for the input and I hope this helps the next person..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.