jerzboi

Visa question

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok I have a few more questions before I book Eve’s flight to the US. Eve’s interview is on November 5th and I am being optimistic that everything will go well so I am looking at booking the flight for November 21st so…….

1. For those that live in Cebu how long after the interview did it take to receive your visa?

2. If you do the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar before you go to the interview once you receive your

visa can you just go back to CFO to get the stamp at anytime?

3. Lastly is anyone else leaving from Cebu headed for the US by way of Cathay Pacific on November 21st?

As always thank you for your help!

US1.GIFPHI.GIF

5-09-07 Mailed I-129F

8-17-07 NOA2 email

8-23-07 NOA2 hard copy received

8-29-07 NVC letter received in the mail

9-24-07 Rec. Packet 4

10-22-07 Early medical

11-5-07 Interview APPROVED!!

11-16-07 Visa delivered

11-21-07 USA

AOS

9-22-08 Mailed

9-30-08 NOA hard copy received

10-6-08 Biometrics appointment notice received

10-14-08 Transfered to CSC

2-5-09 APPROVED

P1010126.jpg

You can't tell, each CO does things a bit different so the wait after the approval to receive the visa can vary considerably. Claudeth is from CDO on Mindanao and once the packet had been released to DELBROS it only took three days for delivery

Yes, take the passport back to the CFO office for the stamp. Did your fiancee do the class in Cebu?

I love Cathey Pacific. I always do the Cebu to Hong Kong to LAX route

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
You can't tell, each CO does things a bit different so the wait after the approval to receive the visa can vary considerably. Claudeth is from CDO on Mindanao and once the packet had been released to DELBROS it only took three days for delivery

Yes, take the passport back to the CFO office for the stamp. Did your fiancee do the class in Cebu?

No Eve hasn't taken the class yet, maybe next week and yes it will be in Cebu. Cathay Pacific is very nice I do the Cebu to Hong Kong (10 hour over night layover) to JFK route, but I found a flight for Eve on Cathay that is perfect Cebu to Hong Kong (and only a 4 hour layover) to JFK. From what I've been reading if all goes well on November 5th 2 weeks should be enough time for the visa to arrive then go get it stamped.

US1.GIFPHI.GIF

5-09-07 Mailed I-129F

8-17-07 NOA2 email

8-23-07 NOA2 hard copy received

8-29-07 NVC letter received in the mail

9-24-07 Rec. Packet 4

10-22-07 Early medical

11-5-07 Interview APPROVED!!

11-16-07 Visa delivered

11-21-07 USA

AOS

9-22-08 Mailed

9-30-08 NOA hard copy received

10-6-08 Biometrics appointment notice received

10-14-08 Transfered to CSC

2-5-09 APPROVED

P1010126.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No Eve hasn't taken the class yet, maybe next week and yes it will be in Cebu. Cathay Pacific is very nice I do the Cebu to Hong Kong (10 hour over night layover) to JFK route, but I found a flight for Eve on Cathay that is perfect Cebu to Hong Kong (and only a 4 hour layover) to JFK. From what I've been reading if all goes well on November 5th 2 weeks should be enough time for the visa to arrive then go get it stamped.

When Eve is ready to go to CFO she will need to have her interview appointment letter since she does not have a visa yet. When my lady contacted them the person on the phone in the Cebu CFO office, he told her to bring her entire petition package, including photos. We knew this was BS so we're just going to wait until after she has a visa now, as SLEC has already taken her passport. If Eve does go before she has the visa they will only give her a certificate proving she attended. She will still have to go back to a CFO office and get the passport stamped after she has a visa in her hand. She just won't have to attend the class as she'll have a certificate to prove she has already completed it.

Great! Cathey Pacific is the greatest :thumbs: Claudeth did her class in Cebu on a Tuesday and flew out the following day at noon. Woo Woo, been two wonderful years :dance:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Ok I have a few more questions before I book Eve’s flight to the US. Eve’s interview is on November 5th and I am being optimistic that everything will go well so I am looking at booking the flight for November 21st so…….

1. For those that live in Cebu how long after the interview did it take to receive your visa?

2. If you do the CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar before you go to the interview once you receive your

3. Lastly is anyone else leaving from Cebu headed for the US by way of Cathay Pacific on November 21st?

1. No specific dates but usually for Cebu, it may take 5-7 days or even sooner.

Since she doesn't have her visa yet, she can attend first the Guidance and Counseling Seminar in Cebu and they will give her the Yellow Certificate. You can bring proof of your petition, like the NOA2 and your USEM interview schedule, some pics, electronic correspondences. Some Counselors asks for this, some would even ask for a divorce decree or annulment (if this apply). Then once she gets her visa, any time before she leaves for the US, she will have to go to CFO and bring her passport, visa and a photocopy of the Yellow Certificate. They will put a stamp on her passport and will then give her the Green Certificate and she's ready for her flight.

Good luck on her medical and interview!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Jerzboi:

1. Please review Section 5.1 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide.

2. Please review Section 6.2 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide.

3. N/A

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Jerzboi,

I lived in Cebu three years as an Ex Pat. I can be of some assisitance. I can only answer Q1 with it took less than 5 days for my ex GF to receive her Visa back from Manila when she traveled back with me in 2005. I think it was like 3 days total. They are pretty fast as a courier service delivers it.

Can't answer number 2, sorry.

#3 I am heading over on November 14th on Philippines Airlines out of LAX. I return on November 25th. We can help you if you like.

To answer a few more questions; Blue Horizon Travel in Cebu is great. I think I paid less than $50.00 and they actually took care of my ex gf's visa. They actually mock interview them and have a great success rate.

As for exit taxes. We paid only the customary 200p for domestic and now it is up to 500-700p for INternational departure tax. Manila is a little higher on heir exit tax but no more than 20 bucks USD.

I hope this helps. I will just be on Holiday for 9 days to spend my time with my fiancee and friends. I will be more than happy to assist you. I know how nerve wracking this can be as Filipinas get nervous easy. I am sure she will do fine. If you want you can email at sbragg71@hotmail.com as I only check in once a week here as i travel for my job right now.

I am happy to see you are two months ahead of me so maybe a January 08 approval date is what we are shooting at based on your timeline.

Good Luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
When Eve is ready to go to CFO she will need to have her interview appointment letter since she does not have a visa yet. When my lady contacted them the person on the phone in the Cebu CFO office, he told her to bring her entire petition package, including photos. We knew this was BS so we're just going to wait until after she has a visa now, as SLEC has already taken her passport. If Eve does go before she has the visa they will only give her a certificate proving she attended. She will still have to go back to a CFO office and get the passport stamped after she has a visa in her hand. She just won't have to attend the class as she'll have a certificate to prove she has already completed it.

She should do the CFO after she got the Visa. I did mine one week before my Departure.

She should do the CFO after she got the Visa. I did mine one week before my Departure.

DITTO!

Much easier to do it all in one day! I also think they are easier on peeps with the visa in hand.

Be sure when you pre book her flight the date can be changed. Sorry but! No guarens with USEM.

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.