niceguy26

Anyone here have their Interview in Manila and barely made 125% of poverty guidelines?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I should only have made maybe $18,000 by the end of 2007 (long story). i do have a very solid co-sponsor if I decide to use (my father)

but, I was just curious if anyone was right on the borderline of the $17,113 per year requirement (for 2 people), and if they gave you a hard time at all or not at the Embassy during your interview. Anyone else in this situation?

thanks!!

Mid-June filer, Mid-July NOA1 :(...

6/21/07 - I-129F Sent : transferred to CSC at some point...

7/12/07 - Received date as shown on NOA1 Hardcopy

7/18/07 - NOA1

7/21/07 - Check FINALLY Cashed!!!

7/24/07 - Finally got receipt number off the back of cancelled check!

11/23/07 - Our first ever touch!

11/27/07 - Touched on website

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

I-129f was approved in 160 days from your filing date.

12/21/07 - Received at NVC and assigned case number!

12/27/07 - Case forwarded to USEM

01/04/07 - Case received by USEM

02/25/08 - Scheduled St. Luke's Medical Appointment 7:00 AM

03/03/08 - Interview at USEM APPROVED

:yes:

One of the most important thing in this whole process is that the beneficiary will not be a public charge. Hence, it is really important that you are able to meet the poverty guidelines. I knew a couple of people that were required to look for a co-sponsor because they do not meet the poverty guidelines. The petition may not be approved because of this, but that does not mean denial. The petitioner just have to ensure that the beneficiary can depend on them with their financial needs once they are here in the US.

Good luck!

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline

I just wonder if its ok to surpass the poverty guidelines by a few hundred dollars, AND use a co-sponsor. My father makes way more than enough to cover it, so I wonder if I could use him too. (Even though I technically cover the minimum requirements already)

Edited by niceguy26

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

If you have a willing co-sponsor and are on the line, I would let them. It says in the instructions to submit six months pay stubs to prove income and that is what I did showing I am making over the requirements for 2007, but on my 2006 return it showed a little under the requirements since a third of my income is from self-employment and after deductions, I had taxable income below the 125%. (even though I grossed several thousand over)

So Kathlene went to the interview and everything was fine, except they did not accept the six-months pay stubs and decided to go by my 2006 return, so we had to find a co-sponsor.

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Timeline
If you have a willing co-sponsor and are on the line, I would let them. It says in the instructions to submit six months pay stubs to prove income and that is what I did showing I am making over the requirements for 2007, but on my 2006 return it showed a little under the requirements since a third of my income is from self-employment and after deductions, I had taxable income below the 125%. (even though I grossed several thousand over)

So Kathlene went to the interview and everything was fine, except they did not accept the six-months pay stubs and decided to go by my 2006 return, so we had to find a co-sponsor.

oh.. thanks so much for that info! I think I will definitely go with the co-sponsor when the time comes then

7/18/07 - NOA1

11/28/07 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.