uzzzzzzzzzz

Low Financial Resources

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi all

I am US Citizen. Living with my uncle who is actually supporting me and my baby ...my husband interview date is coming up, my uncle is gonna sponsor my husband as i am student but he is earning 25000$ a year he has 3 kids and a wife. Can he still give affidavit of support to my husband.

I have one house name by me in Pakistan approximate cost 33000$ which was given by my husband on the day of marriage cermony and my husband have saving ceritificate which are equal to 15000$ and he will also bring that money with him.

Can any body tell me it is enough to support my husband or still i need to find the co sponsor?

i will highly appriciate all you reply

thanks,

confuse uzzzzzzzzzzzz

Filed: Timeline
hi all

I am US Citizen. Living with my uncle who is actually supporting me and my baby ...my husband interview date is coming up, my uncle is gonna sponsor my husband as i am student but he is earning 25000$ a year he has 3 kids and a wife. Can he still give affidavit of support to my husband.

I have one house name by me in Pakistan approximate cost 33000$ which was given by my husband on the day of marriage cermony and my husband have saving ceritificate which are equal to 15000$ and he will also bring that money with him.

Can any body tell me it is enough to support my husband or still i need to find the co sponsor?

i will highly appriciate all you reply

thanks,

confuse uzzzzzzzzzzzz

I believe he'd have to earn 25% over the poverty line for himself plus all his dependents. Which in this case actually sounds like it might be eight, if you count himself, his wife, his three kids, you, your child and your husband?? Is this correct?

If he doesn't earn enough money, he could possibly make up the difference with assets. But with eight dependents, it would be quite a lot. As far as the other assets that you and your husband have, I'm not sure how they'd count those to be honest.

Best of luck to you!!

I've heard and would plan on the embassy interviewer only looking at income and not assets. Not very logical on their part, but unfortunately we're playing by their rules. I'm sure you can find some way to cover the minimum income requirements on your paperwork...where there's a will, there's always a way!

Save Shpat's threads

69-97-116-32-83-104-105-116-32-74-101-110-110

I've heard and would plan on the embassy interviewer only looking at income and not assets. Not very logical on their part, but unfortunately we're playing by their rules. I'm sure you can find some way to cover the minimum income requirements on your paperwork...where there's a will, there's always a way!

I believe assets like the house are counted if you can "convert" them into liquid US funds within one year. How about selling the house? That would help.

Good luck, L.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I believe assets like the house are counted if you can "convert" them into liquid US funds within one year. How about selling the house? That would help.

Good luck, L.

Yes I will sell my house after my husband visa, becuase he is living there right now when he will got visa then i will sell it out..........

tell me does i have to sell that house before my husband interview which is on my name outside the US ?

OR

only i need to show the property docuements before the visa officer for interivew purpose to show him that my husband will not become a public charge

one more question can i give the interview without i-134 and later when i find the co=sponsor i will submit the i-134?

Please do guide me

uzzzzzzzzzz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.