RFE!!!!!HELP!!!!!!

29 posts in this topic

HI VJ'RS,

I NEEDYOUR HELP!

ITS REGARDING MY POLICE CLEARANCE.THE NVC RETURNED A CHECKLIST TO ME:

POLICE CERTIFICATE: I'VE LIVED ON THE FOLLOWING PLACES;

CRAIG STREET.,SAMPALOC,MANILA, PHILIPPINES

GASTAMBIDE STREET, SAMPALOC, MANILA,PHILIPPINES

MY QUESTION IS: DO I HAVE TO OBTAIN A POLICE CLEARANCE FOR THE TWO ADDRESSES ABOVE?THEY'RE JUST THE SAME LOCALITY BUT ONLY A DIFFERENT STREET.

the bad thing is "i've already sent the police clearance with the address at craig street,sampaloc, manila without the police clearance statingthe adrees gastambide street, sampalovc, manila"

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NVC SEND ANOTHER RFE (FOR THE SECOND TIME) TO ME?

I'M CONFUSED!PLEASE HELP!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Isn't it much better to get NBI than police clearance though u still get the latter in obtaining the NBI Clearance?!

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
HI VJ'RS,

I NEEDYOUR HELP!

MY QUESTION IS: DO I HAVE TO OBTAIN A POLICE CLEARANCE FOR THE TWO ADDRESSES ABOVE?THEY'RE JUST THE SAME LOCALITY BUT ONLY A DIFFERENT STREET.

the bad thing is "i've already sent the police clearance with the address at craig street,sampaloc, manila without the police clearance statingthe adrees gastambide street, sampalovc, manila"

i think you better submit the NBI clearance instead rather than those local police clearances.NBI is the highest in the force network and accepted overseas

hi,

I've already submitted the NBI CLEARANCE.NVC WANTS ME TO SUBMIT THE POLICE CLEARANCES ASIDE FROM nbi cLEARANCE.

HI VJ'RS,

I NEEDYOUR HELP!

i think you better submit the NBI clearance instead rather than those local police clearances.NBI is the highest in the force network and accepted overseas

Hi Aurea,

This is one of my concern also since i lived in 3 cities.. My Husband already submitted our DS230 package and we only send NBI... And now we are praying and crossing fingers that we will not encounter any problem for not having Police Clearance. Actually before we send the form i sent PM to some of our fellow pinay with case complete. Some encounter same problem with U putting it into RFE for not having the Police Clearance but some didnt encounter any problem for not having one and only submitted NBI..

I'm just confused why NVC has no uniform requirements. Why they didn't required it to some and giving some hard time with some .. If you will try to read it in their website it stated there that Police Clearance only necessary if we lived outside the country.. Its so ridiculous that we need to go to all the cities we lived just to get Police Clearance. Why they not just consider the NBI since this covers all :angry::wacko::unsure:

With regard to ur inputs in ur DS230 did they have any comments on it? or did u have any gap in between the place where u live/d?

hi,

I've already submitted the NBI CLEARANCE.NVC WANTS ME TO SUBMIT THE POLICE CLEARANCES ASIDE FROM nbi cLEARANCE.

I NEEDYOUR HELP!

FILE I-130 FOR PARENTS
USCIS:
Jul 19, 2012 - File Date
Jul 23, 2012 - Cashed the Check and USCIS sent me email
Within 7-10 days rec'd NOA1 by mail (father only)
Aug 20, 2012 - Contacted USCIS for change of address
Mar 18, 2013 - our case was approved by USCIS
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd NOA2 by mail both parents.
NVC:
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd by NVC
Apr 05, 2013 - case # assigned for both parents
Apr 10, 2013 - rec'd email from NVC for the AOS fee and DS-3032
Apr 10, 2013 - pay NVC online and emailed the DS-3032
Apr 12, 2013 - showed on the site paid & print cover sheet
Apr 15, 2013 - mailed I-864 packet
Apr 22, 2013 - Rec'd DS-3032 Acceptance Email

May 03, 2013 - showed on site paid & print cover sheet

May 05, 2013 - mail the DS230 Packet

May 08, 2013 - NVC rec'd the DS230 Packet

May 27, 2013 - Case Complete

June 07, 2013 - NVC email for the July interview schedule

Sept 11, 2013 - interview moved from orig. July 10 date (due to mother's culture test); Interview approved but Father got 221(g) NBI with AKA required.

Sept 19, 2013 - sent the Father NBI with AKA tru 2GO

~~MY JOURNEY~~
FORM I-130 PROCESS
Jul. 26, 2006 - Sent Form I-130 to VSC but processed to CSC
Oct. 31, 2007 - Case Completed
Dec. 18, 2007 - Interview date
FORM I-129F PROCESS
Mar. 26, 2007 - Sent Form I-129F to VSC ( VSC mailed the documents to Chicago )
Dec. 05, 2007 6:30am- Reschedule Interview date(after 2 mos from original date)
Dec. 11, 2007 - Visa in Hand (request for CR1 visa granted)
MD, USA
Dec 12, 2007 - Arrived in the US
Dec 22, 2007 - Received the SSN from mail
Feb 08, 2008 - Received the Green Card
Sep 2009 - file I-751 within the 90-day period before second anniversary as a conditional resident.
Dec 2010 - file N400 (Application for Citizenship)
NATURALIZED
May 2011 - Oath Taking at Baltimore, MD

With regard to ur inputs in ur DS230 did they have any comments on it? or did u have any gap in between the place where u live/d?

This is one good question. Your DS230 should have no gaps at all as to where you live from the time you turned 16.

Both addresses are in same city or locality, therefore, you should be ok. I will suggest to call them up or write a letter to NVC and ask for specific RFE docs that they requested from you. My husband lived in 2 different addresses within Quezon City limits and we only submitted one from QCPD.

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

hi,

HI,

thanks for the info.There was no gap in the details(the place and date i've lived since reaching the age of 16) i've put in the DS230.I guess i was just unlucky because the person(at NVC) who reviewed my documents were very strict compare to other(s). I hope those people who comes across with the documentation would submit possible needed documents to avoid delays.

Thank u so much.

HI VJ'RS,

I NEEDYOUR HELP!

hi,

Hi,

I really appreciate your advices and info's. I guess i was just unlucky.I've even read lots of NVC articles,blogs etc.I really thougt NVC would not need my police clearance cause lots of relatives were not asked of this police clearances. I thought NBI clerance was enough.But its not.Lucky for those people who didnt experienced or wont experience the same thing.

And one thing,

My DS230 was returned to me because of my answer at N0.2 Other Names Used (maiden Name).Yeah, i've put my maiden name, but they told me its wrong.What the ??!k?Oh, visa journey is really a good forum site.Vj'rs are right I have to put my complete married Name not the maiden name.

Thanks again guys.

I hope everything goes smoothly.

HI,

thanks for the info.There was no gap in the details(the place and date i've lived since reaching the age of 16) i've put in the DS230.I guess i was just unlucky because the person(at NVC) who reviewed my documents were very strict compare to other(s). I hope those people who comes across with the documentation would submit possible needed documents to avoid delays.

Thank u so much.

HI VJ'RS,

I NEEDYOUR HELP!

Hi,

I really appreciate your advices and info's. I guess i was just unlucky.I've even read lots of NVC articles,blogs etc.I really thougt NVC would not need my police clearance cause lots of relatives were not asked of this police clearances. I thought NBI clerance was enough.But its not.Lucky for those people who didnt experienced or wont experience the same thing.

And one thing,

My DS230 was returned to me because of my answer at N0.2 Other Names Used (maiden Name).Yeah, i've put my maiden name, but they told me its wrong.What the ??!k?Oh, visa journey is really a good forum site.Vj'rs are right I have to put my complete married Name not the maiden name.

Thanks again guys.

I hope everything goes smoothly.

hi randyandrina,

Thanks for the info.I feel relieved. I guess i really have to call the NVC to confirm what they really need.

Thanks again.

aurea

hi aurea...

we're also gathering the necessary documents for the DS-230. Please update me about this matter as soon as you have called the NVC. My hubby will also call them this week. Thanks and God bless...

-- Case Completed at NVC : October 17, 2007

-- Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): DECEMBER 10, 2007 APPROVED

-- Visa on hand: December 11, 2007

-- CFO Seminar: December 11, 2007

-- MNL to LAX: December 25, 2007

hi randyandrina,

Thanks for the info.I feel relieved. I guess i really have to call the NVC to confirm what they really need.

Thanks again.

You are welcome aurea! I just hope you have everything corrected on your DS230, plus the missing docs. These forms makes you cross-eyed sometimes, and sometimes it makes you go nuts and second-guess it even though you know it's the right information you have already filled in on the questions. You really just have to double check it all the time. PM me if you need any help or any questions.

hi aurea...

we're also gathering the necessary documents for the DS-230. Please update me about this matter as soon as you have called the NVC. My hubby will also call them this week. Thanks and God bless...

These are the things that you ensure you have when submitting the DS230:

**Filled out DS230 Part I(signed) and Part II(unsigned)

**Barcoded coversheet (NVC will send you this OR you can use James Shortcut)

**NSO Original Birth Certificate

**NSO Original Marriage Certificate

**Original/ Photocopy of Annulment Documentation (from NSO, LCR and RTC- total of 5 documents)

**Photocopy of Valid Biographic Data Page of the Passport

**NBI Clearance

**Police Clearance (from where you lives starting from the time you turned 16, with residence of at least 1 year)

As long as you have all these, then you should be ok!

Good luck! :thumbs:

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

sure no probz.....NVC received my DS230 today...i hope everything is fine with my documents. feel free to ask whatever concerns u have.

Thanks Aurea!

I believe one really need to submit the NBI Clearance as well as the police clearance from the city where he lived in.

I finally found the reason why NVC also needed the police clearance from the city/ locality aside from the NBI clearance

from travel.state.gov:

"Posts are advised that not all arrests and convictions occurring outside of Manila are reported to the NBI. "

thanks RandyandRina...

Let's continue updating our timeline so that we can help each other out.

Goodluck to all of us... God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.