bradcanuck

Double Checking -> Required Documents

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I want to be sure I don't miss anything. We sent in our I-485 with an 864 a few months ago. We were sent a notice that we need a cosponsor. We live with my wife's mother so she agreed to be the cosponsor. She filled in a 864A and my wife did the 864. On the papers they sent us, it said that they need a birth certificate for all people. However our Biometrics had the birth cert attached for Sara (wife) already. Do we need to send another certificate for her? Her mother has one and that is going out, but should we just in case to be weary send another for Sara?

Thanks!

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I want to be sure I don't miss anything. We sent in our I-485 with an 864 a few months ago. We were sent a notice that we need a cosponsor. We live with my wife's mother so she agreed to be the cosponsor. She filled in a 864A and my wife did the 864. On the papers they sent us, it said that they need a birth certificate for all people. However our Biometrics had the birth cert attached for Sara (wife) already. Do we need to send another certificate for her? Her mother has one and that is going out, but should we just in case to be weary send another for Sara?

Thanks!

If in doubt send it in. My experience so far is that USCIS personnel are frequently less familiar with certain issues than the petitioner/beneficiary and dcouments frequently get misplaced. Check with the CSC and verify that nothing is missing.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd send it again too.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks!

If in doubt send it in. My experience so far is that USCIS personnel are frequently less familiar with certain issues than the petitioner/beneficiary and dcouments frequently get misplaced. Check with the CSC and verify that nothing is missing.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Thanks. I am sending both in. As you all say, better safe than sorry. I'd really hate to be this far and have a -silly- thing stop the entire process.

Is there anything else in the 864(A) I should be sending? W2/1099 for both Sara and her mom, the pink letter sent with it asking for more evidence... both birth certs... that should be everything correct?

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline

Just a quick bump. I have re-read everything 10 times over but I want to see if anyone knows off the top of their head if I am forgetting something critical.

At this phase if I forget something my case is trashed so I want to be sure.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline

How many years worth of the 1099 and W2s are you sending in for the I-864A and I-864? If you can, send in 3 years worth (2006, 2005, 2004) so they have all the info in from of them. It wouldn't hurt to send in a complete copy of the I-864 and I-864A forms again too. Also if you can, get employment letters for Sara and her mom and 6 months worth of paystubs if applicable.

When I filed my AOS we gave them both the required and supplementary evidence for the I-864 (3 years worth of 1099 and W2s, letter from husband's employer and copies of 6 months worth of pay stubs). Some people might think it's overkill but in the case of an RFE, you want to give them more than they need.

You also said that they requested birth certificates for all people... was that specifically for the I-864 and I-864A or do they need yours again as well? Did you originally send in a long form birth certificate? If not, throw that in there too!

Edited by misa

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

Timeline

Yeah we only sent the most recent year taxes. I attached Birth Certs for Sara and her mom. I didn't need to send mine in as my income isn't being counted. I should have done 3 years + employment letters etc but we just didn't get around to it. It wasn't required so to spend more time gathering those docs made me nervous about being late for send in.

The problem is now I am so so nervous that we forgot something like a signature or a page or... ack I am starting to shake now. I need this process to be over with so we can move on. I swear it has made me so neurotic it's unmeasurable.

Palms sweating now. Oh boy I need to calm myself down. :/

Thanks Misa - you're so thorough with everything.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline

I'm sure everything will be fine. Hopefully once they receive it they'll issue you an interview date so at least you have a date in sight! :)

In the meantime, start gathering stuff showing bonafide relationship -- anything showing comingling of assets (joint bank accounts, joint bills) and anything else showing "joint" something. I posted a list of what I brought to my interview in my signature. I also ended up bringing postmarked envelopes that were addressed to both of us as additional evidence.

You will also be required to bring in 3 years worth of tax returns along with W2s for the interview and 2 months of recent paystubs and employer letters. I would wait until closer to the date for the employer letters. The interview letter you get will list off what to bring and those (re: 3 years of tax returns, pay stubs, employer letter) were on it.

Thanks re: the comment being thorough. I prefer that term over being ####### or neurotic like my husband says I am. I drive him crazy with this stuff. ;)

AOS & EAD Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.