Laynie

USCIS panel phyisians, anyone know of a list for Canada for western provinces

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:help: Hey everyone hope someone can answer my questions?

I am goin to Fort MacMurry Alberta for an extended period of time,one to visit my kids and two to work while I am waiting on this K-1 stuff, I will be goin through the Montreal Consulate for my interview,BUT

I would like to know where the nearest USCIS approved doctor might be out in the Edmonton or Fort MacMurry area if there is one ? Where can I find the list of the doctors for this,I have found one here in london Ontario but if I can get an appointment with one out west while I'm out there then I really wouldn't have to come back here for that!

Another question: If I were to have our papers transferred out to Vancouver how much of a hassle would it be? Given that we have not yet recieved our NOA2 yet, would it be possible to catch it even before it leaves the CSC to have the consulate location changed??

I would certainly appreciate any assistance any of you could offer!!

Thank You so much for your time in advance!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
:help: Hey everyone hope someone can answer my questions?

I am goin to Fort MacMurry Alberta for an extended period of time,one to visit my kids and two to work while I am waiting on this K-1 stuff, I will be goin through the Montreal Consulate for my interview,BUT

I would like to know where the nearest USCIS approved doctor might be out in the Edmonton or Fort MacMurry area if there is one ? Where can I find the list of the doctors for this,I have found one here in london Ontario but if I can get an appointment with one out west while I'm out there then I really wouldn't have to come back here for that!

Another question: If I were to have our papers transferred out to Vancouver how much of a hassle would it be? Given that we have not yet recieved our NOA2 yet, would it be possible to catch it even before it leaves the CSC to have the consulate location changed??

I would certainly appreciate any assistance any of you could offer!!

Thank You so much for your time in advance!!!

I believe that the two doctors that do the physicals in AB are:

Dr. Willem Viljoen (Calgary)

(403) 242-0484

Dr. H.S. Chana (Edmonton)

(780) 488-2232

With respect to the second question, I've never had dealings with Vancouver (IR5s must go through Montreal) but there are quite a few folks that have so maybe they can help you with that. I think that you can change the appointment post at any time (before the interview), but don't quote me on that.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I know there have been people who have contacted the MTL consulate to get their petition transferred to Vancouver, but I'm not sure whether you can do it prior to the petition reaching the original consulate.

Since you'll be in AB for an unspecified amount of time, it's more than likely that they'll approve your transfer - cross your fingers! :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

You mentioned you're going to be visiting your children for some time, and even working? I'd say that would be long enough for you to have your case transferred to Vancouver. Earlier, another Canadian, "sutton", moved from Ontario to Alberta for work, and called NVC or was it Montreal? and had his case transferred. You might want to contact him. If I remember it correctly, he asked the question, and wasn't very long and he told us it had been transferred and he had received package 4.

Because Vancouver is SO much faster than Montreal, I'd do it! As well, let's just say that you did get it transferred and then you didn't get an interview until the beginning of October and you were leaving Alberta the end of September...you could either stay the extra time, or even fly back out to Vancouver for the interview. Either way, I'm sure it would be faster than Montreal.

Looks like you were already given the panel physician's names. OHIP doesn't matter given you have to pay cash for your physical for the visa, so it won't matter that you're in another province.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

If I remember correctly- another poster mentioned that the Doctor in Calgary no longer does immigration physicals.

Dr Chana in Edmonton is still there- he is the one I went to.

Edited by Stacey33

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If I remember correctly- another poster mentioned that the Doctor in Calgary no longer does immigration physicals.

The person in Calgary is still there, it was the one in Saskatchewan that quit - the original post is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83632

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The person in Calgary is still there, it was the one in Saskatchewan that quit - the original post is here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83632

Hey,

Yes i moved to fort macmurray for work as well and contacted vancouver and asked could they put in a tranfer for me to montreal. By the time i got to Fort Mc my file was transferred and my appointment booked for interview..............It all happened within 2 weeks. If you can get in touch with NVC before file is even sent to Montreal , they will just send it straight to vancouver.

Myself and chris received our interview for sept 5 whereas if we had to wait for Montreal, it would have been december.

good luck and no harm in trying........MAry lou

Timeline

Transfer, TRANSFER!!!!! Seriously. :)

Even if you don't catch it in time at NVC, you can contact Vancouver *and* Montreal to get your file over to Vancouver. You need to contact both of them as Vancouver as to agree and Montreal has to send it.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline
Transfer, TRANSFER!!!!! Seriously. :)

Even if you don't catch it in time at NVC, you can contact Vancouver *and* Montreal to get your file over to Vancouver. You need to contact both of them as Vancouver as to agree and Montreal has to send it.

Thanks everyone for your replies, now with that beng said our petition is still at CSC wouldn't it make more cents to request the transferr there even before it gets to the NVC or the MTL Consulate!

But yes I will likely be goin that route just because I will be out there and it would just more convienent for me oh and sooo much faster then waiting for MTL!!!

Don't know what I'd do without all you on here,it's because of you guys that my sanity is still intact,at least so far,,Thanks again everyone for your input!!!

Oh and thanks for the doctor info that also helps!!!!!!!

Timeline
Thanks everyone for your replies, now with that beng said our petition is still at CSC wouldn't it make more cents to request the transferr there even before it gets to the NVC or the MTL Consulate!

But yes I will likely be goin that route just because I will be out there and it would just more convienent for me oh and sooo much faster then waiting for MTL!!!

Don't know what I'd do without all you on here,it's because of you guys that my sanity is still intact,at least so far,,Thanks again everyone for your input!!!

It's the NVC who sends it out to the consulates so you'd have to wait until it got to the NVC or MTL. I've read of people trying to change their beneficiary's address while the petition is pending but not sure how successful that is since USCIS is not good about these things!

And for the Montreal people waiting, one less person going through Montreal means another slot opens up. :)

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's the NVC who sends it out to the consulates so you'd have to wait until it got to the NVC or MTL. I've read of people trying to change their beneficiary's address while the petition is pending but not sure how successful that is since USCIS is not good about these things!

And for the Montreal people waiting, one less person going through Montreal means another slot opens up. :)

I would wait until the NVC gets the application. The NVC usually works its magic in a month or so and there is a much better chance of following things up with the officers. Still, there's no harm in trying to transfer your case to Vancouver at the service center (sp? Not in the USA :) ) level. I needed to move my mother's case from AOS to CP and the VSC took forever to make the change. That was, however, the VSC which doesn't deal with many Canadians who are using CP. CSC should be much faster. If I had a chance to transfer to Vancouver, I'd do it ASAP. Montreal has much too long a lineup right now.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Good news e-mailed lawyer and they said that it would not be problem that they just need to be on top of it once we get the approval and petition is forwarded to the NVC all i have to provide is phone number and address!

Gosh now you guys have me all excited :dance::dance::dance: So looks like I'm goin through Vancouver,

Thanks so much you guys you rock! Can't wait to tell my fiance!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would wait until the NVC gets the application. The NVC usually works its magic in a month or so and there is a much better chance of following things up with the officers. Still, there's no harm in trying to transfer your case to Vancouver at the service center (sp? Not in the USA :) ) level. I needed to move my mother's case from AOS to CP and the VSC took forever to make the change. That was, however, the VSC which doesn't deal with many Canadians who are using CP. CSC should be much faster. If I had a chance to transfer to Vancouver, I'd do it ASAP. Montreal has much too long a lineup right now.

you can't attempt to transfer your case to Vancouver until you know that your case is on its way to Montreal or already there.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi. Anybody know about civil surgeons in manitoba?

Also, our I-130 was just approved for the IR1/CR1 visa... do they also process those in Vancouver or do I HAVE to go to Montreal? Aside from being faster (everything I have read suggests that) than montreal, I know it well because I used to live there so finding cheap accomodation and getting around would be MUCH easier.

Thanks,

Michele

i say bad words

Timeline

Unfortunately all CR-1s and IR-1s must go through Montreal. :(

Manitobra doctors:

Dr. Ray Singer

95 Sherbrooke St

Winnipeg, MB R3C 2B2

204 775-4471

Dr. Jerry Drexler

Manitoba Clinic

790 Sherbrooke Street

Winnipeg, MB R3A 1M3

204 774-6541

AOS & EAD Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.