kss

K3 interview query.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I need some advice on an issue thats been bothering me since last week. I was looking at the K3 Interview Packet 4

instructions and had a question on the secondary evidence required for establishing a bonafide marriage. Now the thing is we havent had a traditional religious wedding (Indian - hindu style). We had a court marriage and had a small family function after that. We had a pretty elaborate Engagement ceremony though (marriage and engagement ceremony -- all within a span of month). The thing is and this may sound strange to some but we didnt have any auspicious dates for marriage when I visited India last Janaury and also didnt have enough time to prepare for the wedding. So we decided not to have an Indian Style wedding and went with the court marriage. Should this be a cause of worry at the K3 interview ? We have loads of other evidence (phone calls, ecards, etc...), but was worried about the requirements for wedding photos. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

2007-10-30 -- Got the K3 visa from Mumbai consulate !!

2008-01-21 -- POE

AOS/EAD Timeline

2008-02-22 -- Mailed I485 & EAD application to Chicago.

2008-02-25 -- packet received at chicago lockbox.

2008-02-29 -- NOA's for I485 and I-765.

2008-03-03 -- NOA's received in mail.

2008-03-11 -- Biometrics appointment NOA -- appointment date - 26th March.

2008-04-26, 2008-05-02 -- EAD card production ordered two email notices

2008-04-30 -- AOS Initial Interview notice - interview on June 25 2008.

2008-05-06 -- EAD approved notice !! after card production ordered :)

2008-05-07 -- EAD received in mail. SSN applied through local office.

2008-06-25 -- AOS interview at Durham USCIS office. Have to submit an updated I693.

2008-06-27 -- Hand delivered I693 to Durham office. Got the approval on conditional green card :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I don't think so. My advice would be to be honest, and write up a good detailed explanation to present as evidence as to why it was inauspicious to have a religous ceremony at this time, but the legal ceremony was completed.

As always, you should consult a qualified immigration attorney for a professional opinion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.