davidaustralia

ds 230 packet 3 and 4 and certificates

6 posts in this topic

gday just some questions. What is packet 4? I have received packet 3 with my medical forms, affidavits of support and ds-230 parts 1 and 2. and I have heard of pack 4 but nothing I have is called pack 4. Do I need anything else? From my reading of everything I get my medical done and the results sent to me, the same thing with my police checks. Once I have them I fill out the ds 230 forms (both of them) and send them to Sydney to let them know that I have all the documents together for my final interview. Then they give me an interview date and then we know whats happens after that. Is this correct? Also my police check comes to me its not sent to the embassy in Sydney? Thanks guys

hi ya david

how you doing...

the packet 4 is described in the embassey info for Australia..also there is other info you might like to know in there like where you can stay in sydney near the embassey..

its the interview date letter (which you take with you to the embassey in Sydney)

what to take with you and which order to place them in...

the medical you either pick up yourself or get posted out to you... dont forget to get a copy of it for your own records..also the police certificate is sent out to you also...

did you read my reply about the vaccination question you posted awhile back...

you can send the readiness form back before your medical and police check..but calculate roughly how long it will take for you to receive them before sending in the DS 230 form...its just a time saving step by doing this..because when you send in that form they take about a week or so to send you the packet letter and then you have also some time up your sleeve to the actual interview...if ya get me...lol

hope you get it all together ok and there isnt any delays for you..

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

thanks for the replys. Yes I got your reply re the vaccines so thank you very much. So all packet 4 is the interview date letter. Ok thanks so much. What is the ds-2001 from? Thanks for the replys mate

its amazing what you can achieve when you look! I have found it! its the notification of readiness which I send in with the ds 230 parts 1 and 2! How long before the medical do you recommend sending those forms in. My police check will take about 10 days to get here and its the same time frame for my medical. So what if I send them say on the day off my medical or a few days later? I just want to get it done! I feel like I am nearly there! My wife already has a job there and is scared of flying so she is eager for this to be over with (she is still in Melbourne) Thanks once again for your replys I really appreciate it! :thumbs:

One more question. Going through the forms I have received from the embassy it apperas that I send the ds 230 forms. Then When ready I send the ds 2001, but it also talks about supporting documents. Do I have to photocopy all of my police records etc and send to the embassy with the ds 2001?

One more question. Going through the forms I have received from the embassy it apperas that I send the ds 230 forms. Then When ready I send the ds 2001, but it also talks about supporting documents. Do I have to photocopy all of my police records etc and send to the embassy with the ds 2001?

Nope. Don't send any documents or copies with the Ds-2001. Just bring all the documents listed on the DS-2001 (with copies) to the visa interview. :)

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.