TundraKnight

weird interview experience

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I just got back on Saturday and I want to share our interview experience even though things didn't go as normal as they should. Her interview was on Monday the 13th. We got inside the building at around 6:45 waited almost 3 and half hours before my fiancee and her son could get fingerscanned which for some is normal. She was then called up to see a pre-screener. The person was very direct asking for her papers as well as the I-134 to include only my 2006 income tax return. After she collected a few of the pictures we had and then asked for any other supporting evidence. After my fiancee dug out every phone bill, letter, email, western union statement the pre-screeener took one look at all the papers and told my fiancee to just give it to the consular. Afterwards we waited another half hour and she was called up to window 37 where she received her form to pay DELBROS. Now we hadn't spoken to consular yet and found this very strange. We brought it up to the man at the window and he told us that our paperwork was probably given to him by accident. Regardless he just told us to go ahead and pay the fee while he gave her papers to a consular for an interview. We sat back down and held off paying DELBROS, because we were very confused at this point.

She got called to Window 28 and we both sat down with the consular to begin the interview, unfortunetly at this point her son was crying and we couldn't calm him down. The only thing I was asked was if I was a U.S. citizen. I then took her son outside the room so that my fiancee could concentrate on what the consular was asking her. The consular asked my fiancee different questions about the papers she submitted (136, 136K and 137). When asked what she was going to do in the U.S. she responded with " I want to marry my fiancee and be with him forever. " :) The consular also asked whether she would be working in the U.S. because she had indicated no on her papers. My fiancee explained that she was confused by the question because it asks for a company info. so she put "no" because she wasn't going to work initially but planned to. The consular asked about her son and why her relationship with his father didn't work out. She answered," Because he's married." Please don't ask. The consular seemed shocked from what my fiancee told me later. My fiancee also told her that I was fully planning to support them both and I guess that impressed the consular. No supporting documents of our relationship were ever asked for. The consular told us to go back and wait to be called up to pay for the delivery of our visa. So we sat back down in the waiting area for half hour and one of the workers there noticed us sitting there and asked if we had been helped. We told him our sitiuation about receiving the DELBROS form before the interview and he went to ask someone about what we should do. We then found out that our papers were "mishandled" and "misplaced". We talked to another consular and she explained to us that they can't find our paperwork but since we have the DELBROS form to just go ahead and pay it and we would be done. My fiancee tried to explain that this form was given to us prior to the interview and didn't know if we needed another form because the consular had told us to wait to be called to a window again. We were assured that everything would be okay and they would find our papers. So she went and payed DELBROS and we left after that. Now a couple days later she got a text message stating that DELBROS would deliver her visa within 2 days after tomarrow and to have a valid ID and letter of release otherwise things could be delayed a week. It's now Monday and she still hasn't received anything although there was a major storm in the area so I'm guessing that may have delayed things. She's also worried because we never got a definitive answer whether her visa was approved or not.

We are both hoping and praying that all is well and the visas will be coming soon. I want to thank everyone on this website for the support and help that has been offered. I'm glad I found this webiste as there was much we couldn't have figured out without the help. I wish the best for everyone still going through the process.

BTW I hope what I typed isn't too consfusing I never was a good writer.

Timeline:

I-129F sent to CSC: 2/10/07

CSC Receives I-129F: 2/13/07

NOA1 received: 2/21/07

NOA2 received: 5/14/07

NVC received: 5/30/07

NVC sends to USEM: 6/5/07

Packet 4 received: 6/28/07

Medical Exam: 8/6/07

Interview: 8/13/07

Visa received: 8/21/07

Congrats!

Main thing is she got the email from Delbros saying they will be delivering the visas.

That wouldn't have happened if she wasn't approved no matter when you paid.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

that's a weird mishap lol... but the main thing is, you're approved and cheers to that :thumbs:

congrats :dance::dance::dance:

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience here.

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what a funny experience( for me to think) that embassy people were doing.

congrats! have a safe trip soon.

Processes are not perfect in a busy place run by humans. The main thing is your spouse received the approval.

I know I was told to wait in the wrong room for the Affidavit of Legal Capacity to Marry. Not as weird as your story, but still a mistake.

BTW. Congatulations!!

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To update she called me just now and she has the visa in hand so we're both very happy. :) The only thing now is that originally she had planned for her son to follow in about December because she wanted him to spend the holidays with her family in the Philippines because it may be a couple years before all 3 of us would go back there to visit. If she comes over now, what will she need from the U.S. before she can go back and get her son and how long does it take? I'll look around on the site, I'm sure someone has asked something similar. I've offered the idea for her to come in late December or even January with her son, but she wants to come here now and start working so we can both save money for our family.

Timeline:

I-129F sent to CSC: 2/10/07

CSC Receives I-129F: 2/13/07

NOA1 received: 2/21/07

NOA2 received: 5/14/07

NVC received: 5/30/07

NVC sends to USEM: 6/5/07

Packet 4 received: 6/28/07

Medical Exam: 8/6/07

Interview: 8/13/07

Visa received: 8/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.