livewire

a couple of questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering....

1. I've read that medical exams (for those in the Philippines) are done at St Luke's. How do they go about the exams over there? What do they do exactly?

2. I posted this on another board waaaaay back, I dont know if youve seen it (I cant find it anymore) but will I have to submit or show paperwork that my parents have to sign for or anything related to getting parental consent? I'm only 18 and my fiance's trying to get me a k1 visa. Someone told me that in order to leave the country, I have to attend a seminar somewhere and get a certificate from the Commission on Filipinos Overseas to show immigration (in Manila) to prove that I've attended. And to get that certificate, I have to show them a parental consent form/letter. I called the place but they never mentioned anything about it, they just said something like "The other things we'll be asking from you will depend on your situation." when I asked them what else I needed to bring when signing up for the seminar. *shrugs* DID ANYONE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS? and is this really necessary???

I'm not really in good terms with my parents and they'll most probably refuse to sign whatever I ask them to sign. :-/

3. Same as #2, I posted this elsewhere. Is it possible to have the packet (forms/checklists for the beneficiary) from by the Embassy mailed to another address (not where I live?). How do I inform the USCIS about this? Do I write it on the beneficiary's portion of the I-129F under "address" or write a separate letter to them or email the embassy about it?

Gaaah I'm confused, people have been advising me to do different things, I dont know what to do anymore.

HELP?

PS. In case you were wondering, my fiance and I havent started filling out paperwork for the K1 visa yet.

The medical is a general physical, nothing to get too worried about. Claudeth blew right through it.

As far as the class, you have to take the CFO class before they will allow a Filipino board an international flight. They put a CFO stamp in the passport. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm There is also a CFO office in Cebu.

As far as getting the packet delivered somewhere else I would suggest you call the embassy. Try calling (632) 528-6300. Once you get into the system select the option where you know the extension. When it asks for the extension enter 5184 or 5185. If it is busy just re-enter the extension. I would normally call around 8:00am Manila time and get in quickly. The lady at 5184 was very helpful for us. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
As far as the class, you have to take the CFO class before they will allow a Filipino board an international flight. They put a CFO stamp in the passport. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm There is also a CFO office in Cebu.

Really? I was on a student visa before and went to college in the US a while back and I didnt have to attend a class. Or maybe is it because I'm leaving on a fiance visa that I have to attend?

:-/

Hey thanks for the phone numbers.

Really? I was on a student visa before and went to college in the US a while back and I didnt have to attend a class. Or maybe is it because I'm leaving on a fiance visa that I have to attend?

:-/

AAAH i just read the link you posted.

Nevermind. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Make sure you read the "other documents as may be required" in the requirements on the CFO website. This is where they are getting most people. And unless you just happen to be there on a good day, they will most likely ask for the letter of consent/advice.

Timeline
Make sure you read the "other documents as may be required" in the requirements on the CFO website. This is where they are getting most people. And unless you just happen to be there on a good day, they will most likely ask for the letter of consent/advice.

yeah. i still dont understand why they have to ask for parental consent letters if youre over 18. i know the legal age to get married in the philippines is 18 although you have to get parental consent/advice until youre 24 or 25 years of age. but im hoping the cfo wont ask for that since we're not getting married in the philippines, were getting married in the states.

hmm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.