ohioindian

Help Please - K3 VISA New Delhi Consulate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I had emailed the New Delhi Consulate on Monday, August 13 to find out if they got the 129F from NVC. NVC had sent letter on Aug 9 that case is being sent to New Delhi. When I spoke with NVC rep she said that the whole 129F packet I originally submitted would be sent. I had read somewhere that it is an email that is transmitted. I think this is correct because Consulate says that they received it on Aug 10 and we could have submitted DS230 then. Consulate replied by email that we could go there to submit DS230, but they did not say that it could not be typed. My wife had already typed it out and took it there. The email from the Consulate said to go to Counter 1 between 4-5PM, so my wife did that. The lady at the counter said she had to fillout the form there and submit it. Now the Consulate replies to my email asking about interview date saying that they only schedule interviews once per month at the beginning of the month for the following month. So now we are looking at an October interview date. My wife has all the documents she needs to submit to VFS for packet 4, but can not get medical until she has interview letter. Can anyone advise me as to how we can move this forward? We have everything needed for interview. It seems they are assigning interview dates by computer generation at one time per month. But, there must be some higher up officer who can set an interview date manually...right? They don't need the 44 days to process a persons documents. At most they need 15 days and since they do some interviews when people bring all of packet 4 documents that day, I know they don't need even more than one day to review the documents. It does not make sense that when a person has everything and is ready for interview that the consulate can not fit them in earlier than two months. There must be some way to contact a higher up official in the consulate, but I don't know who or how to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

From my experience, everything that has happened to you appears to be normal for Delhi Embassy. If you have a bona fide reason to expedite the interview date, I suggest you contact the embassy and explain to them what the issue is.

The head person in charge is Ambassador David C. Mulford. The person below him relevant to you would be the Counselor for Consular Affairs - Peter Kaestner.

My fiancee was able to get her medical done prior to receiving the interview letter. We used the case number.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
From my experience, everything that has happened to you appears to be normal for Delhi Embassy. If you have a bona fide reason to expedite the interview date, I suggest you contact the embassy and explain to them what the issue is.

The head person in charge is Ambassador David C. Mulford. The person below him relevant to you would be the Counselor for Consular Affairs - Peter Kaestner.

My fiancee was able to get her medical done prior to receiving the interview letter. We used the case number.

do you know how I can contact kaestner?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.