3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I recived a letter from USCIS from I-797requesting more evidence states that did not put my name and my fiance name on the pictures that I sent, and the statement also did not have the dates that we meet for the first time. my question is the only thing is to resubmit the pictures with the names,dates, location and the statement with the date that we meet. did any one ran into this also, should I also send more evidence

what is more evidence - I have only my passport , and some hotel reciept with only my name on it..

Thank You

:thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Juan,

Your questions here will be answered but, you can help by making yourself clearly understood. What would help is to use punctuation in your sentences. You sent photos only and did not date them? No entiendo? How many times has your passport been stamped? Passport stamps are good evidence that you were in Colombia...but, where in Colombia? They are asking for you to send evidence that you visited your fiance' and have an ongoing relationship. Any photos of you and she at a prominent landmark in Colombia? Phone records? The hotel records are fine...as long as they are from the city where she lives. Or, did you vacation in another city together?

Have you read the instructions carefully so that this will not happen again? A big part of this process is knowing how to follow directions. Follow the directions on the I-797 to the LETTER and you should have no problems. (And, on everything else too!) In other words...they asked ONLY for verification on the photos...send them ONLY verification on the photos.

They want evidence of an "ongoing relationship." If you only visited one time, the burden is on you to convince them that you are a viable couple. If you visited several times...send some photos from all visits.

Best Wishes,

Craig

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.