paulinespens

Krispy Kreme in UK

39 posts in this topic

Krispy Kreme is the most overrated thing in America. I don't understand why people go so crazy for them. They're the McDonalds of donuts.

You rate them that highly, they are to donuts what Taco Bells is to Mexican food.

Well I'd rather eat a ####### sandwich than a Big Mac, so no, I don't rate them that highly!

Edited by Dr_LHA

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krispy Kreme is the most overrated thing in America. I don't understand why people go so crazy for them. They're the McDonalds of donuts.

You rate them that highly, they are to donuts what Taco Bells is to Mexican food.

Ahh... I'm SO glad it's not just me, then... I had one, once, to find out what all the fuss was about, and thought 'it's just a doughnut, and not even a particularly good doughnut, at that. In fact, it's a ####### doughnut.'

I think I ate about 1/3 of it, then couldn't bring myself to eat any more. And I love doughnuts...

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Whenever I ask people what is so great about them I always get the same answer: You have to eat them while they are hot.

Newsflash: All donuts taste good while hot! A sign of a good donut is if they taste good when they're cold! ;)

Whenever I ask people what is so great about them I always get the same answer: You have to eat them while they are hot.

Newsflash: All donuts taste good while hot! A sign of a good donut is if they taste good when they're cold! ;)

So true!! And mine was cold... you're right, any doughnut will taste good if it's hot and just come out of the fryer! My favourite doughnuts are the ones you get from stalls at the seaside and at fairgrounds, etc... y'know, where you get a bag of 12 for about £1.50, straight from the hot oil and covered in sugar. Yum! :P

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Yes, it seems that hot donuts are not as common in the USA as they are in the UK, although you do get the similar Funnel Cake at fairs here.

My only explanation for the popularity of Krispy Kreme is that the stores tend to advertise when they are going to have hot fresh donuts, whereas most donut shops just cook their batch for the day in the middle of the night, and serve them cold.

Filed: Timeline
In Harrods?

The confederacy has now officially invaded Britain................ :P

Yeah they've been in Harrods for an absolute age. They even do the "free donut whilst you wait" thing too.

Only probbo is that they give ya the donut when you get to the counter :lol:

get thee to the back of the line!

*shakes her fist*

Darnnit. I used to work at Gatwick airport and now I've gone they get Krispy Kreme donuts. Oh well, at least I don't have to spend a whole shift staring at it. Because I'm 99% sure I know where it's located and I know I'd be able to see it if I worked in a particular branch.

Edited by HuffyTheSlayer

Very large Tesco branches have in-store Krispy Kremes, and so do Selfridges. I have to admit that I love those donuts so much that I actually ate 9 in one sitting. Im usually a good healthy eater with the odd chocolate bar, but once I have a krispy kreme, I have to keep on going. Its lucky I dont really put on weight. I tend to avoid them in the US otherwise they would be my staple diet.

Very large Tesco branches have in-store Krispy Kremes, and so do Selfridges. I have to admit that I love those donuts so much that I actually ate 9 in one sitting.

How anyone could do that without vomiting is beyond me. I get queazy after eating 2.

Very large Tesco branches have in-store Krispy Kremes, and so do Selfridges. I have to admit that I love those donuts so much that I actually ate 9 in one sitting. Im usually a good healthy eater with the odd chocolate bar, but once I have a krispy kreme, I have to keep on going. Its lucky I dont really put on weight. I tend to avoid them in the US otherwise they would be my staple diet.

9??? :blink::blink:

How??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I left the UK last year, but there is one at Paddington Station and I remember seeing one in Wimbledon.

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

There is a Krispy Kreme in Selfridges in the Bullring in Birmingham. I love Krispy Kremes!! They make me go all scooby-snacksy (and not in the way the Bloodhound Gang means). They're light and tasty, nothing like the donuts supermarkets and other places sell. (L):D

I fact, just writing about them makes me think I might make a special trip to Birmingham on Saturday....

Edited by Rubycon

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

There is a Krispy Kreme in Selfridges in the Bullring in Birmingham. I love Krispy Kremes!! They make me go all scooby-snacksy (and not in the way the Bloodhound Gang means). They're light and tasty, nothing like the donuts supermarkets and other places sell. (L):D

I fact, just writing about them makes me think I might make a special trip to Birmingham on Saturday....

have a chocolate top for me!

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

I left the UK last year, but there is one at Paddington Station and I remember seeing one in Wimbledon.

The one nearest Neal is in New Malden, which seems the most random place to have one ever. There is also one in Victoria Station.

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.