6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone look over this and see if it looks like I missed anything or if anything needs to be changed?

BTW, where does everyone go for a checklist for the I-130 package that has to be sent in? The one here on VJ doesn't match the one at the local US consular here in Canada. Is there some other place to verify?

And do I need my husband's Canadian birth certificate?

Here it is...

August 8, 2007

Officer-in-Charge

U.S. Consulate Toronto

CONS/IIV

360 University Avenue

Toronto, ON M5G 1S4

RE: Original Submission, I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a United States citizen resident in Brantford, Ontario, Canada with my husband Bradley <last name> a Canadian Citizen. I wish to return to the United States and to have my husband come with me to make our residence there together.

Please find enclosed my I-130 petition for my husband. I am filing direct to the US Embassy in Canada.

I-130 fee of USD 355 in a USD money order payable to U.S. Consulate Toronto.

Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative.

Petitioner's and beneficiary's email addresses.

Statement signed and dated by petitioner, "I possess, and will present on demand, originals of each civil document contained herein."

Copy of the full Birth certificate for the petitioner, the US Citizen.

Completed biographic data (G-325A) for petitioner with passport type photo attached to bottom.

Evidence of the petitioner's lawful residence in Ontario (provincial health card).

A copy of petitioner's proof of permanent residency.

A copy of marriage certificate for petitioner and beneficiary.

Copies of the petitioner's and beneficiary's divorce documents.

Completed biographic data (G-325A) for beneficiary with passport type photo attached to bottom.

Evidence of the petitioner's lawful residence in Ontario (provincial health card).

Copies of birth certificates for children born to petitioner and beneficiary as evidence of a bonafide marriage.

Prepaid, self addressed Canada Post Express mailer.

Thank you for your kind consideration,

Regards,

Tammy L. <last name>

IR-1 Visa

8-14-2007 Mailed in husband's I-130 to Consulate in Toronto

8-15-2007 Toronto received I-130

8-27-2007 Toronto called to set up I-130 appointment

8-31-2007 Interview at Consulate Approved

9-25-2007 Received Packet 3 in mail

12-9-2007 Received police record (fingerprint version)

1-18-2008 Sent packet 3 back

2-26-2008 heard back from Montreal via email about our interview date

4-23-2008 Montreal Interview!!! Visa APPROVED!!

5-31-2008 Crossed the border into the US to live! :) (one of the happiest days!!)

Currently residing in NC and loving it!

03/2011 Looking into getting dh US citizenship (and just when I thought we were done with all the paperwork! Ha!

US Citizenship timeline:

3-18-2011 Paperwork/check sent

3-25-2011 Check cashed

3-25-2011 NOA

4-16-2011 Fingerprints

6-15-2011 Interview

7-02-2011 Oath Ceremony We're done!!

Looks good Daisy :thumbs: =)

I see you guys are not to far from us! We are fairly close to the Niagara Falls area.

I used the checklist off of the Toronto Consulate website, and I had no problems. :D

I personally would add more evidence besides the childrens birth certificates to prove bonafide marriage. Maybe a joint lease, joint banking, joint utilities....just something to prove your bonafide. I would suggest sending in either a copy of your permanent resident card or landing papers. In the directions, you have to show you have permission to be in Canada legally.

Also, make sure your divorce documents have the raised seal on it. I used the divorce document which I used when my husband filed my immigration packet, came directly from the courthouse, but when I got there the officer stated she would accept it for this stage , but when my husband goes to Montreal, he will need the raised seal form.

All in all Daisy, looks like your roaring to go :dance:

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Timeline:

02-26-05 Married

09-05-05 Permanent Resident of Canada

06-18-07 Mailed in husbands I-130 to US Consulate in Toronto

06-20-07 US Consulate in Toronto recieves I-130 packet via Expresspost packet

07-12-07 Call from Toronto Consulate, advised to call to confirm or make an appointment.

07-13-07 Called and spoke with Toronto Consulate, set appointment for 07-17-07

07-17-07 Interview at Consulate,APPROVED

08-07-07 Packet 3 arrived!!

08-20-07 Mailed DS-230 and Checklist to Montreal

08-21-07 Montreal received DS-230 and Checklist

09-04-07 Packet 4 from Montreal arrives !!

09-06-07 Medical scheduled for 09-19-07

09-19-07 Hubbie has medical, all went well, results to be mailed on 09-21-07

09-25-07 Pick up medical from fed-ex

10-05-07 Interview.........APPROVED !!!!

10-10-07 Recieved passport with Visa inside (all done for a few months)

11-08-07 Hubbie activated visa at Queenston/Lewis POE

12-19-07 Husband finally back home in Illinios, used Sarnia POE

Our Immigration approval took 3months, 2 weeks, and 5 days

Timeline

I was wondering if you guys were close to us...and seems you are!

After reading your reply to my other post, I have decided to add more documents to prove bonafide marriage. I asked this over there, but how many bank statements did you send in (how many months worth)? And did you send in every page to each statement? Also, for utilities, how many months worth? I didn't see where it said on the Toronto site. Maybe I overlooked it.

So, how did you get the right divorce document. I, too, am using the one I used when we did my Immigration to Canada. But it's just a 3 page, stating the divorce and details. There is no seal on it, just a stamp. My husband's has a raised seal and is just a certificate, but mine is different. Will this be a problem? How do I get something different? This is the only thing I got from them.

Tammy

IR-1 Visa

5-31-2008 Crossed the border into the US to live! :) (one of the happiest days!!)

03/2011 Looking into getting dh US citizenship (and just when I thought we were done with all the paperwork! Ha!

US Citizenship timeline:

3-25-2011 Check cashed

3-25-2011 NOA

4-16-2011 Fingerprints

6-15-2011 Interview

Timeline

Nevermind about the divorce document and the raised seal. I just went and looked and it does have it. I didn't even realize that. LOL

But I would still like to know about the bank statements and utilities. :-)

IR-1 Visa

US Citizenship timeline:

3-25-2011 Check cashed

3-25-2011 NOA

4-16-2011 Fingerprints

6-15-2011 Interview

Filed: Timeline
Nevermind about the divorce document and the raised seal. I just went and looked and it does have it. I didn't even realize that. LOL

But I would still like to know about the bank statements and utilities. :-)

We presented our I-130 in person in Calgary (does Toronto take mail-in applications????) and did not have to provide bank statements, utility bills or the like - just our legal documents (marriage certificate, MY work permit, Bren's US passport, etc.). But maybe Toronto is different. Do make sure you provide proof of your legal residence in Canada!

Good luck, L.

Small world =) I remember when we were applying for my immigration package, another couple that we met early on and kept in contact with was about a 35 min drive too! lol

All we took for bank statements is the one showing when we opened the account and the most current statement. Just to prove how long we have had it open. As far as utilities, we took beginning statements that corresponding with when we started renting our current apartment and then the last bill for utilities. So all in all we had 2 statements of each , beginning and last current.

http://toronto.usconsulate.gov/content/con...igrant_petition

This is the website I used when I did our application. If you notice towards the middle of the page, it goes through what you need.

Copies of multiple evidence of the petitioner's & beneficiary's lawful residence in Ontario, Canada, e.g. immigration documents, provincial health card or driving license, lease, utility or banking statements over time. The petitioner must also show a long term visa or other permission from Canadian immigration authorities to reside in Ontario, Canada and have done so for at least 6 months before filing the I-130.

(hence the reason I sent in my lease, utility, and banking statements)

Petitioners who reside in Ontario may file an I-130 by mail to: U.S. Consulate Toronto, CONS/IIV, 360 University Ave, Toronto ON, M5G 1S4.

and yep, Toronto takes mail in applications :dance:

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif

Timeline:

02-26-05 Married

09-05-05 Permanent Resident of Canada

06-18-07 Mailed in husbands I-130 to US Consulate in Toronto

06-20-07 US Consulate in Toronto recieves I-130 packet via Expresspost packet

07-12-07 Call from Toronto Consulate, advised to call to confirm or make an appointment.

07-13-07 Called and spoke with Toronto Consulate, set appointment for 07-17-07

07-17-07 Interview at Consulate,APPROVED

08-07-07 Packet 3 arrived!!

08-20-07 Mailed DS-230 and Checklist to Montreal

08-21-07 Montreal received DS-230 and Checklist

09-04-07 Packet 4 from Montreal arrives !!

09-06-07 Medical scheduled for 09-19-07

09-19-07 Hubbie has medical, all went well, results to be mailed on 09-21-07

09-25-07 Pick up medical from fed-ex

10-05-07 Interview.........APPROVED !!!!

10-10-07 Recieved passport with Visa inside (all done for a few months)

11-08-07 Hubbie activated visa at Queenston/Lewis POE

12-19-07 Husband finally back home in Illinios, used Sarnia POE

Our Immigration approval took 3months, 2 weeks, and 5 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.