aaronanddawn

Interview tomorrow.....OMG!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Best of luck tomorrow, I am sure you will be just fine. Bring back another big APPROVED :thumbs:

I had my interview on Tuesday. You can take your phone as far as the entrance. They will store anything of an electronic nature in the security hut and give you a numbered tag to reclaim it after your interview. On Tuesday, USC's weren't allowed inside the Embassy.

Usually, it doesn't take too long. But on Tuesday I was in there for five hours. Poor hubby was left stranded outside with no idea how long he was going to have to wait.

Important thing is don't worry. Just sit patiently and wait for your number to come up. I was far too nervous to read anything so I just avidly watched the Argos style screens for the entire five hours.... :lol::lol:

Good luck and let us know how you get on...

Argos style screens?? LOL i remember those.....boring things aint they...shame they dont actually have any telly progs on them to pass the time of day...just numbers you'll be seeing in yer sleep!! :lol: :lol:

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Again, you can pretty much take any type of bag that will fit through those airport type xray belts. I had my handbag and two laptop-ish sized bags, both really heavy, because we thought me and hubby would be let in. He was carrying the heaviest... :lol:

When they said no USC's allowed, I had to take all three myself and they had no problem. I saw everything really, except suitcases...!

A lot of people had rucksacks, carrier bags, briefcases, small duffel bags etc.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the info. Well.........I am going to put all the stuff in a laptop bag, get ready for bed........and probably lay awake for hours, until right before I am due to get up - 5.30 - and be really, really tired tomorrow, fall asleep and miss my number. :lol:

I will let you know how it goes!

I-130

01/22/2007 Sent I-130

06/04/2007 Approval email notice sent!! YES!!

I-129f

01/31/2007 Sent I-129f

02/05/2007 1st NOA

06/04/2007 Approved....email received 06/05/2007........we are sooooo happy!!

NVC

06/06/2007 Received

07/11/2007 Left NVC

LONDON

07/25/2007 Packet 3 received and sent back

07/31/2007 Packet 4 received

08/09/2007 Interview date - APPROVED!!

08/11/2007 Visa in hand!!

08/24/2007 Flying to US

AOS & EAD

02/19/2009 Sent Package to Chicago

02/20/2009 Package received

02/26/2009 NOA's sent from USCIS

03/02/2009 NOA's in hand!

03/06/2009 Received Biometrics Appointment

03/24/2009 Biometrics Appointment

Again, you can pretty much take any type of bag that will fit through those airport type xray belts. I had my handbag and two laptop-ish sized bags, both really heavy, because we thought me and hubby would be let in. He was carrying the heaviest... :lol:

When they said no USC's allowed, I had to take all three myself and they had no problem. I saw everything really, except suitcases...!

A lot of people had rucksacks, carrier bags, briefcases, small duffel bags etc.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the info. Well.........I am going to put all the stuff in a laptop bag, get ready for bed........and probably lay awake for hours, until right before I am due to get up - 5.30 - and be really, really tired tomorrow, fall asleep and miss my number. :lol:

I will let you know how it goes!

Trust me. You will NOT be able to fall asleep in that room!!! :lol::no::lol:

The constant number calling and the numbers on the screen.... I tell you, had me glued.

What I couldn't believe was how much people can eat while waiting. Personally, I couldn't eat a thing until the whole thing was over.

Get a good night's sleep (as if) and put on a star performance tomorrow :star: and bring us back that APPROVED :thumbs:

I'll be watching out for your post...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I am getting really nervous now.......I hope I have remembered everything.

How many of you have taken mobiles with you to the interview? My Husband wants me to take it, so I can call as soon as I get out, but it says not to.

Hello again, you just replied to me, so returning the favour...

My brother took his with him, as long as it is off, also, he said take cash, they didn't telll him that and when he had to pay they said cash only, so he had to run and get cash and return!!!

He said it is a VERY boring wait, so take a good book!!!

Good luck, oh and he said, they wait was forever, but the interview was like 10 mins, the guy didn't even look at any evidence!

So don't worry x

The Embassy in London accept credit cards so does the courier service.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Good luck providing you have all your paperwork in order it will be an anti climax. They will ask for the paperwork in the order it is listed on the check list, so if you presort it before you go save you searching as they ask for each piece.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Best of luck to you tomorrow!!! Be sure to let us know how it all went!

Of course after the excitement of the approval has died down a bit..hehe

I-129F

13 April 2007--Mailed I-129F (Processed at California Service Center)

18 April 2007--Received NOA1

13 Aug. 2007--Received NOA2

09 Oct. 2007--Medical in London

08 Nov. 2007--Visa Interview & Approved

14 Nov. 2007--Pete receives K1 visa in the mail

21 Nov. 2007-- Pete arrives in the United States (together at last!!)

27 Dec. 2007--Our 3 year anniversary of being engaged

16 Feb. 2008--We were married!!

AOS

........ho hum....

Good luck! I'm putting you on the London Interview list right now, so please come back and tell us if you get approved (which you will, of course!) as we are fanatical about our dates here!!! :thumbs:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.