M S Khan

London Embassy CR1 interview wait time

29 posts in this topic

My wife currently lives in London. She was Documentarily Qualified (DQ) on March 27th, 2024. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for an interview to be scheduled from the date of DQ at the US London Embassy? Also, does anyone know what part of the month is the cutoff time for the National Visa Center (NVC) to schedule interviews?

27 minutes ago, Sajid Khan said:

My wife currently lives in London. She was Documentarily Qualified (DQ) on March 27th, 2024. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for an interview to be scheduled from the date of DQ at the US London Embassy? Also, does anyone know what part of the month is the cutoff time for the National Visa Center (NVC) to schedule interviews?

Usually pretty quick via London, the last lot of interviews for CR1 were sent out in early March. My guess is that she'll have missed the next batch but get an IL in May (that is just a guess though). 

There's no fixed cut off, it seems to vary each month, I guess depending on how many cases they have to schedule, and how quickly slots fill. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

12 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Usually pretty quick via London, the last lot of interviews for CR1 were sent out in early March. My guess is that she'll have missed the next batch but get an IL in May (that is just a guess though). 

There's no fixed cut off, it seems to vary each month, I guess depending on how many cases they have to schedule, and how quickly slots fill. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for you reply. That's very encouraging. How far is the interview scheduled from the IL? If interview successful, how long it takes to get the passport back with a stamp. Sorry asking so many questions.. 

3 minutes ago, Sajid Khan said:

Thanks for you reply. That's very encouraging. How far is the interview scheduled from the IL? If interview successful, how long it takes to get the passport back with a stamp. Sorry asking so many questions.. 

Usually the following month after IL i.e. if you get an IL in May it'll be for a date in June. My interview was on a Monday and the passport was back the following Thursday - but officially they say to allow 2 weeks so don't book a flight too early just in case!

London is incredibly quick, some poor folks are having to wait 2 years or more for an interview, so we're very lucky. 

Good luck. 

A bunch of March IL's have already been sent out for interviews in May - we were DQ'ed on the 4th of March, received the IL on 29th March, and interview date is the 8th of May. I think you may have missed the March cutoff unfortunately, and might receive a date in very late May or early June?

16 hours ago, nbar said:

A bunch of March IL's have already been sent out for interviews in May - we were DQ'ed on the 4th of March, received the IL on 29th March, and interview date is the 8th of May. I think you may have missed the March cutoff unfortunately, and might receive a date in very late May or early June?

We had the same dates, but are rescheduling. I did see a couple of appointments left for the 9th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 6:13 PM, M S Khan said:

Hi! Have you received your IL yet? Thank you :) 

2 minutes ago, M S Khan said:

Nope, nothing yet. What’s your situation? 

We have only just gotten DQ’d today. Apply for cr1 visa. I don’t quite understand the whole allocating of IL process really. Just was hoping we would get an appointment at the end of June but looks like that is extremely slim. Going to call tomorrow to make an appointment hopefully for the medical in London. Have you scheduled your medical yet? 

On 4/10/2024 at 1:19 PM, JeanneAdil said:

wife and u are currently in London for US visa interview?

who is the USC?

And what is your country of birth for both?  this matters after interview for the AP stage

On 4/10/2024 at 3:03 PM, appleblossom said:

OK, so if she's just visiting the UK, the it's not just the medical history that she won't be able to get, she also won't be able to get things like the UK police cert? Tbh I'm really surprised that London accepted her case if she's not resident there, they're usually super strict on that. 

9 minutes ago, Nat Murph said:

Hi! Have you received your IL yet? Thank you :) 

1 minute ago, Nat Murph said:

We have only just gotten DQ’d today. Apply for cr1 visa. I don’t quite understand the whole allocating of IL process really. Just was hoping we would get an appointment at the end of June but looks like that is extremely slim. Going to call tomorrow to make an appointment hopefully for the medical in London. Have you scheduled your medical yet? 

I think they don’t do medical without interview date because medical usually expires in 6 months. I will keep you posted if we get an interview call…

19 minutes ago, M S Khan said:

I think they don’t do medical without interview date because medical usually expires in 6 months. I will keep you posted if we get an interview call…

Ah okay! thanks for letting me know. Yes please do! Thank you

1 hour ago, M S Khan said:

They can do, whether you'd want to shorten your visa validity h is another matter. I booked mine before I had the IL as we only had one possible week that we could all have had the medical done, and we knew we'd be leaving as soon as we had the visas through anyway.  

8 hours ago, appleblossom said:

They can do, whether you'd want to shorten your visa validity h is another matter. I booked mine before I had the IL as we only had one possible week that we could all have had the medical done, and we knew we'd be leaving as soon as we had the visas through anyway.  

Thank you for that! We are ready to move so I think I am going to try and book it! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.