KK_Shanks

Auckland Medical Citymed Review

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just had my K2 medical yesterday at Auckland Citymed at 1:30pm.
Great experience. For a nervous time, they treat you with respect and are very professional and quick.

Timeline (give or take a few minutes), appointment was at 1:30pm, I got to Citymed about 1:10pm

I caught a flight from Wellington to Auckland, landing around 12pm.
Went straight out the front of the airport to catch the Skydrive bus which got me to Skycity about 12:50pm.
Walked from Skycity to Citymed in about 10-15 minutes at a casual stroll pace. It's all downhill.
Reception checked my paperwork and the nurse called me in to put me through the paces of taking vitals and measurements.
Doctor called me in and did a bunch of questions about my medical history, things like hospital stays, medications, family history, pysch issues, drug/alcohol dependencies, STD history etc Then a bit of a check for breathing, heart rate and reflexes. Nothing major or invasive.
Back to the nurse for a couple vaccination updates and blood draws then off to radiology out the back of Citymed for a chest x-ray and I was done.
15-20 minute walk back to Skycity for the bus back which got me to the airport around 4pm.
(Don't forget to hand over your paperwork to the front counter at Citymed when you leave)

So I think that my timeline was pretty much as good as it could get at 4 hours from airport doors to airport doors.
But I would definitely allow more time than 4 hours for bad traffic or flight delays or longer wait times at Citymed.

All in all I 100% rate the Citymed experience. I thought it was going to be a bit clinical and stiff, but they were super nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Posted (edited)

So I went to my interview at the consulate on Friday 5th April as planned, I believe the interview went well, I had all my paperwork checked and plenty of questions about our relationship, and I think they gave everything the tick, at least as far as I could tell (found it hilarious that they didn't check any of the evidence of relationship that me and my fiance painstakingly compiled - LoL)

However, because they had not received my medical results from Citymed, they declined my application and on hearing this, my world imploded. After getting over the initial shock of being told I was declined, I did my best to understand what the next steps were but my brain was spinning and I don't think I took it all in. I think they said they will re-review my application once my medical results arrive. But they gave me back my passport (keeping all my other paperwork) and I was told I would need to return my passport when they re-review the application. But I'm not sure if I need to take the passport there in person or whether I can courier it to the consulate. Flying up to Auckland for another trip adds a significant cost to an already sizeable bill for flights, medical and application.

I'll be honest, hearing my application was declined was probably one of the lowest points of my life in recent years. I would have much rather they worded it that the application was put on hold pending medical results because that would not have been so much of a shock to the system. If it is of any relevance I did receive notification from Citymed 3 days before my interview to say there was no issues with my medical and they would be forwarding the results to the consulate, so I had no reason to think they wouldn't be there already.

I guess it would be good to know, has anyone else from out of Auckland have their application declined pending the medical results and what did you have to do with your passport when they got back to you and roughly how long did it take to finish the process?

Edited by KK_Shanks

We had the same situation when my husband had his interview in feb, they gave him 221 g saying they need tax transcripts and gave him his passport back and being told that when they will receive transcripts they will ask for passport. Then in last of feb we got email to schedule follow up appointment. So he have to go back for other whole interview. 

But i would suggest you to email the consulate in week or two to ask if they have your medicals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.