Cj smith

ReQuest for additional evidence(RFE)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody..i badly need help..here a bit details about my issues..i am filipina married to american wayback 2015...fast forward year 2022 i went to hk to work as DH so i got a chance to file a divorce for my ex..my ex is residing php and he never went back to america.august 2023 my divorce is granted in HK so me and my fiance we decide to file a k1 visa.but when i got my divorce decree im already here in php so we still pursue to apply k1 since america accept divorce and i know i cant get married here in php since theres no such things divorce here..as you can see we got rfe..we did send everything all pages of my divorce.now we have a deadline to comply what they need..what my understand and some of friends think the same way that they recieved only a decree nisi which thats is not consider as final divorce..lots of people telling me to resend everything what we send before because theres a chance that uscis staff lose the paper ..i already consult the hk agency they told me just send the divorce decree which clearly that they need the final divorce..but in somewhat they indicate that example of termination of marriage like annulment as example..i dont have any annulment form what i have is divorce decree only..to my understanding and what hk agency told me they only indicate about annulment is because i am residing here in php so just incase i had annulment form it can help to send it to uscis too but thats really impossible.i have divorce decree and i am sure if i have divorce decree i am free to get married in america.so what is the point indicating about annulment things..do you have any idea what they really need to us..we dont want to get deny..so we asked the hk agency again what other option we can do they said we can get married in hk and file spousal visa and still i will have my interview im us embassy manila..but hk agency they assure that uscis only asking for final divorce decree..please help..

received_1558096224971865.jpeg

Edited 24 minutes ago by Cj smith

Timeline

This is interesting. For Hong Kong, USA recognizes following:

1. Form 6 Certificate of making Decree Nisi Absolute (Divorce)
    IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE HONG KONG SPECIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
    Matrimonial Causes No. FCMC
  2. Form 7B Certificate of making Decree Nisi Absolute (Divorce)
    Joint Application No. FCJA

Certified Copies Available:  Applicants who plan to use a divorce decree in overseas proceedings should submit an application for a sealed copy of the decree at the District Court in Hong Kong.  Applicants should take that copy of the divorce decree to the High Court Registry for authentication.

Is this what you send? Also did you send a proof of your residency in Hong Kong? It seems like they want to see explanation that you were resident in HK for 6 months or more. Good luck! 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, SneakyPete said:

This is interesting. For Hong Kong, USA recognizes following:

1. Form 6 Certificate of making Decree Nisi Absolute (Divorce)
    Matrimonial Causes No. FCMC
  2. Form 7B Certificate of making Decree Nisi Absolute (Divorce)
    Joint Application No. FCJA

Certified Copies Available:  Applicants who plan to use a divorce decree in overseas proceedings should submit an application for a sealed copy of the decree at the District Court in Hong Kong.  Applicants should take that copy of the divorce decree to the High Court Registry for authentication.

Is this what you send? Also did you send a proof of your residency in Hong Kong? It seems like they want to see explanation that you were resident in HK for 6 months or more. Good luck! 

Timeline

I forgot to send the apostiled of my form6..i do work in hk and i do have my hk id..but i did not stay 6months or more cause i got terminated from my employer..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.