LaRue0423

K-1 Filing and Criminal history

5 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am the petitioner filing I-129 with my fiancé. I have a criminal history dating back 8 plus years ago. We have a local site where I am able to view one of the arrests but the others do not show up. I have three misdemeanor DUIs and other various things related to when I was younger. The problem is, they are not all in the same county. Is there a way to essentially run a background check on yourself to compose a check list of documents to gather, since some of these things were dated so long ago and forgotten about? I just want to make sure we are including everything and was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and could give me some tips and pointers on how to organize. 

thanks in advance 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, LaRue0423 said:

Hello, 

I am the petitioner filing I-129 with my fiancé. I have a criminal history dating back 8 plus years ago. We have a local site where I am able to view one of the arrests but the others do not show up. I have three misdemeanor DUIs and other various things related to when I was younger. The problem is, they are not all in the same county. Is there a way to essentially run a background check on yourself to compose a check list of documents to gather, since some of these things were dated so long ago and forgotten about? I just want to make sure we are including everything and was wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and could give me some tips and pointers on how to organize. 

thanks in advance 

You can run a FBI "rap sheet" aka identity histoy check ... It only takes about 1 day if you use an agency to run it ...

You will need to send the court records showing the disposition of each case. 

14 minutes ago, W199 said:

You can run a FBI "rap sheet" aka identity histoy check ... It only takes about 1 day if you use an agency to run it ...

You will need to send the court records showing the disposition of each case. 

do you know of any reputable companies that offer this service? Thanks so much for your reply!

I will include the court records for sure and also police reports as required. 

14 minutes ago, LaRue0423 said:

do you know of any reputable companies that offer this service? Thanks so much for your reply!

You can do it yourself. Just find the counties where your arrest was at. Call the county clerk's office and ask them for a certificate of deposition. Simply it would cost you more $10 buck per certificate 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, LaRue0423 said:

on the fbi webpage, they provide a link or a list to all the 3rd party agencies that fan take your fingerprints and submit it for the fbi identity record check.  Just read all the info on the FBI website to get your record 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.