enh

Help with next steps on Fiance Visa

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone and thank you for the help in advance! 

We submitted our Fiance visa application last year and recently got it approved in Oct 2023. We have received a letter from the NVC saying our case was being sent to the Ciudad Juarez Embassy in Mexico, when I check the status the case is "Ready". 

What are the next steps we need to do from here?

We have filled out form DS-160 but from here do we wait to get an interview date?

Are we supposed to do the payments for "processing" after we get the interview date? 

Everything I have found is super confusing so thank you for any help you can provide. 

6 hours ago, enh said:

Hello everyone and thank you for the help in advance! 

We submitted our Fiance visa application last year and recently got it approved in Oct 2023. We have received a letter from the NVC saying our case was being sent to the Ciudad Juarez Embassy in Mexico, when I check the status the case is "Ready". 

We have filled out form DS-160 but from here do we wait to get an interview date?

Are we supposed to do the payments for "processing" after we get the interview date? 

Everything I have found is super confusing so thank you for any help you can provide. 

Are any instructions posted on the Consulate website?  

Typically you pay before scheduling interview because the payment receipt number is needed

15 hours ago, IWander said:

Are any instructions posted on the Consulate website?  

Typically you pay before scheduling interview because the payment receipt number is needed

It doesn't really say anything, we completed ds-160 and we found a website to pay https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ but we can't pay because all the questions make sure that you got an interview scheduled before you pay, which is opposite of how I thought it would work. I can't pay through the CEAC website because I don't have an "invoice id" from NVC which is required to continue on that front. 

11 hours ago, NJS said:

Do you mind sharing when you submitted the Fiancé petition last year? Curious how long it takes for approval these days. 

We submitted the petition in October of 2022, I believe USCIS received our petition exactly on Nov 1st 2022. In October of 2023, 1 year later we got USCIS approved our petition. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, enh said:

We have received a letter from the NVC saying our case was being sent to the Ciudad Juarez Embassy in Mexico, when I check the status the case is "Ready". 

At this point you wait to hear from the CJ consulate for next steps.  CJ is very backed up, it may take many months before you get an email regarding the K-1 visa interview scheduling.  Check the Mexico forum for posts regarding the long wait time.

1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

At this point you wait to hear from the CJ consulate for next steps.  CJ is very backed up, it may take many months before you get an email regarding the K-1 visa interview scheduling.  Check the Mexico forum for posts regarding the long wait time.

That sounds good thank you and I will also check those forums. It's unfortunate how long the process takes, 1 year to just get the approval and many more months just to get the interview scheduled. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.