S.W

administrative processing Islamabad pakistan

47 posts in this topic

Everything is done through the embassies, even though he had his interview at Islamabad, he still picks up whatever that is sent for him from the embassy in Islamabad. How did he receive the 3.5 packet or the interview letter? The embassy in Islamabad sends it to the embassy in Kabul for your fiance to pick it up. Hence, the passport will probably be done through the same process; however, I'm not sure if he has to go back to Islamabad to pick it up since he submitted it at the day of the interview. I know that after the interview, usually they give you a letter stating your under AP and that the embassy of Kabul will notify you when to submit the passport for a visa issuance.

I'm sorry i meant embassy in Kabul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Well I hope it is a go!! He received the 3.5 packet through a mail courier in Quetta, Pakistan. Also the officer did give my fiance a blue letter stating he is under AP, but they said nothing about Kabul. Well I am sure he will travel three times the distance as Kabul to get his visa so he can finally come home, we just hope that the call or call letter is a good one and they issue him a visa. Inshallah they will, and to all the members who are waiting patiently like I am...

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONES HELP....GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN WAIT....

Well I hope it is a go!! He received the 3.5 packet through a mail courier in Quetta, Pakistan. Also the officer did give my fiance a blue letter stating he is under AP, but they said nothing about Kabul. Well I am sure he will travel three times the distance as Kabul to get his visa so he can finally come home, we just hope that the call or call letter is a good one and they issue him a visa. Inshallah they will, and to all the members who are waiting patiently like I am...

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONES HELP....GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN WAIT....

Then I guess that means that he will have to come to the embassy in ISL to pick up his passport... I'm guessing he lives in Pakistan, since he received the 3.5 packet in quetta, pakistan

Timeline

ACtually he lives in Afghanistan, but everything got sent to him in Pakistan since there is no mail service in Afghanistan. I just hope and pray the embassy will call soon and issue him the visa. We have been apart for so long now. :(

ACtually he lives in Afghanistan, but everything got sent to him in Pakistan since there is no mail service in Afghanistan. I just hope and pray the embassy will call soon and issue him the visa. We have been apart for so long now. :(

Insha'Allah this AP will be over and you will stay with your fiance... i read on someone's profile... look at the big picture.. and that big picture is that you will end up being with your fiance sooner or later right

Timeline

Yes you are right. the more days go by, the faster i will be with my fiance. Same goes for everyone else in waiting. Also i heard that Visa's are being issued quickly in Islamabad. When i say quickly I mean left and right quickly. My mom just informed of that. Her two friend's son-in-law just got their visas issued last week. When i heard that my stomach knotted. I hope I am next. It has been 16 months since we have been apart.....INSHA'ALLAH he wil get his visa soon, along with everyone who is in AP......

Yes you are right. the more days go by, the faster i will be with my fiance. Same goes for everyone else in waiting. Also i heard that Visa's are being issued quickly in Islamabad. When i say quickly I mean left and right quickly. My mom just informed of that. Her two friend's son-in-law just got their visas issued last week. When i heard that my stomach knotted. I hope I am next. It has been 16 months since we have been apart.....INSHA'ALLAH he wil get his visa soon, along with everyone who is in AP......

Oh wowww that is great news! I really do hope that AP goes by fast for everyoneee.... insha'Alllah I hope they continue this quick issuance :):dance: .. keeep us updated on this progress

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats......I hope n pray this news is true.....

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

The two son-in-laws were in AP the same time as my fiance is in now which is 3 and a half months. Yes I hope this news is true too. I hope we all get our visas in hand soon, insha'ALLAH. All of us in waiting. Has anyone here been in AP longer than 3 or 4 months???

Timeline

I believe people have been in AP longer than that. Earlier...back in Jan-March/April the AP estimate was 4-6 months. Nowadays it is 2-3 months. so definately they have sped up the process however it does not mean that a few of us can not fall in the black hole that might not end as estimated.

But i believe positive energy can bring changes....Duas make a hell of a difference and all ours prayers will definately pay off some day.

.png

Timeline

YES, Absolutely prayers make a BIG difference... There will always be hardships before happiness.... My mother keeps telling me that when I'm really down and depressed.... and honestly its true.... I pray for myself and my fiance and I also pray for the hundreds and hundreds of people waiting in AP like we are....Insha' Allah we will all get our visas in hand soon.... and hopefully when my Fiance gets the call from the embassy, its a good one.... Pray for us, and we will pray for you.... Good luck to everyone...:)

Timeline

It's comforting to know that people are getting visas within six months but as L179 said I just hope and pray none of us become a victim of that never-ending AP that we have heard about at Islamabad Embassy. Good luck to all of us.

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

yess prayers alhamdulilah make a bigggg difference.... i can never imagine how I would've gotten through this process without praying... seriously just think about not praying at alll and how hopeless you feel just by the THOUGHT of that

I pray that everyone's AP becomes a fast processs insha'Alllllllllllahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... these 2 months and the next month that will come will be a blessful month so hopefully our Eid gift will be us being together with our fiances

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.