RougePoppy

Paids Fees, No DS-261 / Wait for Taxes?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

Two questions: 

1. I'm a U.S. Citizen that got their i-130 approved for their Overseas Spouse on 11Dec23, and a welcome leter 03Jan24. I paid the fees same day, but can't access the choice of agent to do DS-261? I've been reading DS-261 is meant to be done first, so is it locked out because I paid the AOS and IV fees? Is it meant to be done after, or will there be any issues? 

2. Since it's a new year, should I make haste to get my taxes done (still waiting on forms from work & school)?

image.png.1014e0a697d5900aca91f14417bc011a.png

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

As per the guidance, it can take a few days for the fees to process. Only once that’s happened will you be able to complete the DS-260. 

I'm asking about the DS-260, Online Choice of Agent. The guidance suggested it was to be done before paying fees

16 minutes ago, RougePoppy said:

I'm asking about the DS-260, Online Choice of Agent. The guidance suggested it was to be done before paying fees

Oh, as you included a screenshot about the DS-260 I assumed that’s what you were asking about. 

Do you already have an attorney on file that represented you for the I-130? 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.