Jeraly

Question about the medical...

11 posts in this topic

Ok so I don't have to go for ages as I have only had my NOA1 for like a week but I can't find any info on it other than what is posted here so I wondered if the kind members of VJ can shed some light on the situation!

Does the medical have to be in London? Do you have to book the medical yourself? Do you have to ask for anything specific? Does the medical have to be the same day as your interview?

I think that just about covers it really! Beyond NOA2 everything is a bit of a fuzzy haze as until I get to that point the process is just something that everyone else is going through!

I basically want to know if I can book the medical at any other locations and just really how the whole process works in more detail than I have found with info leading up to the medical as well as what actually happens (which I have found thanks to the pinned topics in this forum!!)

That's all!! And thanks in advance for any info!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Does the medical have to be in London? Do you have to book the medical yourself? Do you have to ask for anything specific? Does the medical have to be the same day as your interview?

Quick answer...

Yes, Yes, You need your case number and interview date (if known) when you ask to book a medical, No.

There is a scan of the letter you'll recieve somewhere on here so I'll post a link if I can find it.

Edit: Here's the letter you're sent from the London embassy with the info about the medical

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=833159

Edited by Mark&Steph

Real love stories never have endings...

If you are having trouble reading the ones linked above, here's some better quality ones...

11wr1.gif

12rp3.gif

15kd6.gif

16fc0.gif

They're a bit out of date as the fees have changed since then, though... but they should give you an idea of what to expect.

Edited by Mark&Steph

and just as a bit of an aside...if you're wanting to get a jump start on things...ORDER YOUR POLICE CERTIFICATE! I have seen quite a few folks on here that didn't do that until after NOA2 and were then stuck waiting on the silly thing and sweating if it would arrive in time. Someone had advised us to go ahead and order Dan's while awaiting NOA2 - some fantastic advice it was! That was one of the few things we didn't have to stress about.

EDIT: Oooh - and get the vaccinations at your GP prior to the medical to save some cash!

Edited by Dan&Tiffany

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

EDIT: Oooh - and get the vaccinations at your GP prior to the medical to save some cash!

True, though if you are lucky they will be nice at the medical about it and might let you get them done afterwards at your GP. Neal was due for a new tetanus shot this year, but they just marked it as OK on the form and told him to get it whenever he got a chance!

Truth be told, don't be nervous at all for the medical. Neal said they were extremely nice and easygoing about the whole thing.

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Thank you so much guys - this is like a goldmine!! How much are the medical fees now? Just so I can save or at least add it to our wedding/visa budget!!

Also by police certificate do you mean an enhanced disclosure? I have a few CRB checks from teaching etc but do they have to be within a certain date? If I were to apply for a new one now would it last until I had my medical/interview?

What vaccinations are required? How recent do they have to be? I think I am due a tetanus one as the last I had was in school almost ten years ago - I think they have to be done every ten years? I had MMR when I was a kid but I am not sure my doctor has records... I will check though! Are there any other vaccinations needed?

Do most people have to go to London twice then for their medical and their interview? Or do people just spend a few days in the city?

Thanks again for all your help!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Thank you so much guys - this is like a goldmine!! How much are the medical fees now? Just so I can save or at least add it to our wedding/visa budget!!

Also by police certificate do you mean an enhanced disclosure? I have a few CRB checks from teaching etc but do they have to be within a certain date? If I were to apply for a new one now would it last until I had my medical/interview?

What vaccinations are required? How recent do they have to be? I think I am due a tetanus one as the last I had was in school almost ten years ago - I think they have to be done every ten years? I had MMR when I was a kid but I am not sure my doctor has records... I will check though! Are there any other vaccinations needed?

Do most people have to go to London twice then for their medical and their interview? Or do people just spend a few days in the city?

Thanks again for all your help!!

Medical is £200, plus any vaccinations he chooses to get done at the time, but as said the better option is to get them done prior by your GP.

The Police Certificate you need for the interview has to be from within the last 12 months, and it's not a CRB check, it's a Subject Access check.

Vaccination requirements can be found here

Tetanus shots last for 10 years. Anything you can't get proof that you had, you'll need to have done again. You need to take a vaccination record to the medical with you if you want to show you've already had required vaccinations. As a side note, the UK does not administer the varicella vaccination, but if you've had chicken pox as a kid, you don't need this. If you haven't, they will do it in the states for you.

The visits to London, it depends on when your interview date is. You can schedule the medical from when you get Packet 3 which will have your case number in it. The rest depends on how quick you return packet 3 and get given an interview date, but I'd assume you'll be there twice

K-1 Visa Process.

===========

See my timeline

AOS Process

========

01/23/08 - AOS Package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

01/25/08 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765 and I-131

02/15/08 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765

02/18/08 - I-485 transferred to CSC

02/21/08 - I-485 & I-765 touched

03/11/08 - I-131 approved

03/18/08 - I-765 approved

03/19/08 - EAD arrives

03/20/08 - AP arrives

03/27/08 - I-485 touched

04/11/08 - I-485 touched (case received at CSC)

04/13/08 - I-485 touched

06/07/08 - I-551 Card production ordered

06/13/08 - Welcome Letter arrives

06/16/08 - I-551 Card arrives

Good point. I came back from the US on the thursday and my medical was on the monday. I was expecting to have to pay the full whack for all the vaccinations at the medical, but on the off chance I could get an appointment for the friday, I rang my GP. Not only did I find they had an appointment free (with the nurse) the vaccinations didn't cost a penny... And I got a bonus shot thrown in extra too :lol:

You can have the medical the same day as the interview, but bear in mind you will be told the visa will be issued pending your medical results.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Good point. I came back from the US on the thursday and my medical was on the monday. I was expecting to have to pay the full whack for all the vaccinations at the medical, but on the off chance I could get an appointment for the friday, I rang my GP. Not only did I find they had an appointment free (with the nurse) the vaccinations didn't cost a penny... And I got a bonus shot thrown in extra too :lol:

Free bonus injections?! And you're happy about that!? Hehe!!

If you go for the medical and the visa interview on the same day and your visa is classed as "pending" then how soon would you receive your visa following their receipt of the medical results? I'm thinking in terms of speediness it will be better to go to London twice - it's just so expensive! Why does everything cost so much money!?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Free bonus injections?! And you're happy about that!? Hehe!!

If you go for the medical and the visa interview on the same day and your visa is classed as "pending" then how soon would you receive your visa following their receipt of the medical results? I'm thinking in terms of speediness it will be better to go to London twice - it's just so expensive! Why does everything cost so much money!?

It was only two injections really, the MMR and Tetanus (which came mixed with the Polio vaccination, which isn't required)

I believe the results get to the embassy in 3 or 4 days, but I don't know how long they take after that to get the visa out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.