vashishpatel

Filed I-130 while leaving Part 4 62a-c blank for getting visa abroad and now potentially I-824

26 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2023 at 7:47 PM, Dataunavailable said:

It seems extremely common lately, so much so that Nebraksa currently posts an 80% done within 22 month timeframe for processing. Oddly California and NBC are both 5 months or less, so they could start offloading other SCs to these places to speed it up.

I also follow a long with a social media group that has I824 filers for all service centers, the amount of people in there is staggering. The group has around 1000 members in it. 824s needed for lawyer mistakes and self mistakes on the AoS/Consular questions. 

People have commented that they tried having the issue fixed prior to approval of the I130 but it didn't do any good and an 824 was still required. 

You know my feelings on this form so I won't beat a dead horse. Unfortunately being a fee driven entity and such a common mistake, I don't see them enforcing a change anytime soon. 

I know 1000 compared in USCIS eyes is nominal but 1000 x $465 per filing = $465,000...... and multiple that by 10s of 1000s potentially, I honestly don't understand. 

I'm one of those individuals who tried to fix the issues prior to approval - my spouse who is the petitioner, uploaded multiple letters as unsolicited evidence, called USCIS to put in a service request, previous laywer put in a typographical error request, and nothing. They even say on their I-130 filing webpage that you are able to make this switch prior to approval but of course, no USCIS rep knows about it. I remember my previous lawyer was saying that the USCIS reps use to be able to update it for you but I guess that has changed (don't quote me on this). 

I REALLY wish there was some class action lawsuit around 824. Immigration should not be a business to this level. To ask to transfer a piece of paper cost someone $465 is obscene. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
17 hours ago, HKAA said:

Where was your I-824 at?

I only ask because I filed mine May1st 2023, it got transferred to Potomac and still pending. 
Im trying to get a reference if possible. 

It was at Potomac the entire time. Filed in July 2023, submitted 70 pages of medical/personal expedite paperwork through my congress office in early October. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/24/2023 at 11:15 AM, cookiemonster06 said:

Congrats!! How long did it take you to receive your welcome letter from NVC after you got notified that your I-130 was being transferred to the department of state / NVC?

It was maybe a week, pretty quick. Everything is done now and just waiting for the interview date. 

Any updates on yours?

On 11/25/2023 at 10:34 AM, Dataunavailable said:

It was maybe a week, pretty quick. Everything is done now and just waiting for the interview date. 

Any updates on yours?

My I-824 got approved late last week so I'm just waiting for the welcome letter now from NVC. Unfortunately, I need to wait for my partner to naturalize next year so I can get upgraded from F2A. 

Timeline
On 11/26/2023 at 10:06 PM, cookiemonster06 said:

My I-824 got approved late last week so I'm just waiting for the welcome letter now from NVC. Unfortunately, I need to wait for my partner to naturalize next year so I can get upgraded from F2A. 

Well at least you got the 824 over and done with. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.