RobLesya

Russian IR-5 assigned to Warsaw not Almaty

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Received an e-mail from NVC today telling us that Mom's IR-5 eventual interview location has been changed from Moscow to Warsaw.

I was under the impression that all Russian IR-5's were now being assigned to Almaty by default. Apparently that's not the case.

Almaty would be preferable to Warsaw for us, so I guess I'll need to work on seeing if we can get the case transferred.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/29/2023 at 9:47 PM, RobLesya said:

Received an e-mail from NVC today telling us that Mom's IR-5 eventual interview location has been changed from Moscow to Warsaw.

I was under the impression that all Russian IR-5's were now being assigned to Almaty by default. Apparently that's not the case.

Almaty would be preferable to Warsaw for us, so I guess I'll need to work on seeing if we can get the case transferred.

Good luck and I hope they do the transfer for you. I think probably everybody was under the same impression as you, that it happens automatically.

Timeline

Всем доброго дня! 

Same here. Initially, my mother's IR-5 received an MOS case number. Today, I got an automated email notifying me that the post was changed from Santiago, Chile (???) to Warsaw, Poland.

At this point, the switch to Almaty should not be a problem, provided the contractor on the other side knows what they're doing. I contacted the NVC via their Public Inquiry page with a request to change the post. Anyway, I'm now waiting to hear back in a few days.

Timeline

This is becoming interesting. The NVC promptly informed me that my mom can't travel to Almaty due to not being a citizen or resident of Kazakhstan. I re-submitted my request through their inquiry page and contacted my congressional representative. While dealing with bureaucracy is expected, incompetence is truly frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, October 2022 said:

This is becoming interesting. The NVC promptly informed me that my mom can't travel to Almaty due to not being a citizen or resident of Kazakhstan. I re-submitted my request through their inquiry page and contacted my congressional representative. While dealing with bureaucracy is expected, incompetence is truly frustrating.

Try writing to Almaty directly to see if they are still a processing post for IR-5 cases from Russia and Belarus. Try writing to Tashkent, too. Tashkent was also designated to take IR-5 cases.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, BenNomad said:

Try writing to Almaty directly to see if they are still a processing post for IR-5 cases from Russia and Belarus. Try writing to Tashkent, too. Tashkent was also designated to take IR-5 cases.

Oh goodness, I hope things haven't changed again... The Moscow Embassy website still states Almaty and Tashket for Russian IR5s.  I will write to Almaty and Tashkent to verify. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I transferred my moms case to Almaty from Poland without any issues, it was august , her interview on Nov 2. Email directly to Almaty embassy and they’ll do the rest. Good luck 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ana.M said:

I transferred my moms case to Almaty from Poland without any issues, it was august , her interview on Nov 2. Email directly to Almaty embassy and they’ll do the rest. Good luck 

Thank you! This must be the standard procedure. The case goes to Poland, then we ask Almaty to initiate the tranfer.

RobLesya, have you had any luck with your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.