Great Yar

CR-1 Interview in Manila - Documents to Bring?

3 posts in this topic

My filipina wife and I have been married about a year now and we filed for the CR-1 immigration visa. All necessary documents have been sent to NVC and she has an August 24th interview date in Manila. I am confused regardinig what documents she should bring if we have already sent them in to the NVC. We sent in the following documents to the NVC and the appointment packet states that these have been received and reviewed:

OF-169

OF-230-I

OF-230-II

I-864 with supporting financial evidence (tax returns)

Original birth certificate

NBI Clearance stating "No Record Found"

Marriage Certificate (actually the notice we received in the packet states it was nor received so she is bringing an original with her though we did submit it to the NVC)

Marriage Termination (I sent in my Final Judgement certified copies for my divorce to the NVC though the notice we received in the packet states it is Exempted/Not Needed)

So, does my wife have to carry the same documents as above to the interview or are they passed to the Embassy from the NVC? Obviously she can bring he passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.

Also, we have a daughter who was born March 30 - I just came back from the PH last week as I went for her US passport application. Her passport was approved (woohoo!). My wife will bring our daughter's original birth certificate and her passport (if she has it by then), along with her Baptismal certificate (we got that done too while I was there), as additional proof of the validity of our marriage. I have visited twice after we married last July. I assembled a binder (it is over 500 pages!) with every photograph (thumbnails) of my trips from our first meeting until last week's trip, along with selected dated 3x5 photographs of each trip, wire transfer documentation, every phone bill, every email, Yahoo Messenger conversation, every card, letter, etc. she sent me (and she added every letter, card, etc. I sent her). My short question is then, will she need any additional evidence?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has been through this and can help us!

Ray (West Palm Beach, FL, USA), Kaye (Ligao City, Albay Province, RP) and Christina (Born March 30, 2007)

Congratulations! I am not there yet, my case is still with NVC, but by reading line by line of all the things that you have prepared and the materials that you have already obtained, you are set to go. We are in the same boat, I also have a child, but was born here in the US and was brought to celebrate his first bday and baptismal and now staying with his dad awaiting approval of IR-1 petition. You have nothing to worry about...just sit back and relax. As long as you have all the documents and they are all original or certified copies, chances are you will be approved.

Let us know how the interview went! Congratulations and Good luck! :thumbs:

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

My filipina wife and I have been married about a year now and we filed for the CR-1 immigration visa. All necessary documents have been sent to NVC and she has an August 24th interview date in Manila. I am confused regardinig what documents she should bring if we have already sent them in to the NVC. We sent in the following documents to the NVC and the appointment packet states that these have been received and reviewed:

OF-169

OF-230-I

OF-230-II

I-864 with supporting financial evidence (tax returns)

Original birth certificate

NBI Clearance stating "No Record Found"

Marriage Certificate (actually the notice we received in the packet states it was nor received so she is bringing an original with her though we did submit it to the NVC)

Marriage Termination (I sent in my Final Judgement certified copies for my divorce to the NVC though the notice we received in the packet states it is Exempted/Not Needed)

So, does my wife have to carry the same documents as above to the interview or are they passed to the Embassy from the NVC? Obviously she can bring he passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.

Also, we have a daughter who was born March 30 - I just came back from the PH last week as I went for her US passport application. Her passport was approved (woohoo!). My wife will bring our daughter's original birth certificate and her passport (if she has it by then), along with her Baptismal certificate (we got that done too while I was there), as additional proof of the validity of our marriage. I have visited twice after we married last July. I assembled a binder (it is over 500 pages!) with every photograph (thumbnails) of my trips from our first meeting until last week's trip, along with selected dated 3x5 photographs of each trip, wire transfer documentation, every phone bill, every email, Yahoo Messenger conversation, every card, letter, etc. she sent me (and she added every letter, card, etc. I sent her). My short question is then, will she need any additional evidence?

Thanks in advance for anyone who has been through this and can help us!

Hello, you're pretty much covered with your evidences. To answer your questions:

1. YES, your wife still needs to bring copies of the documents that was sent to NVC. Altough NVC should forward the documents to the embassy, the pre-interviewer and CO can still ask for those documents. Like in my case, they asked me for the Affidavit of Support documents. My husband was with me and he gave them the folder which contained the I-864, ITR, W-2, emplyment records/certificates, etc... Some applicants were asked for their BC especially if there were problems like late registrations or annotations. Some applicants were asked for the annulment or divorce decrees. They are not consistent with what they ask from the applicants, so it is always better to bring all the necessary documents, so your wife can hand it to them during her interview and would not have to go back to submit additional documents.

2. The window at the embassy is too small and your 500 pages would probably not pass through it. What others would do (and what I did) is to segregate your documents. Don't use folders with hard binders, that will not pass through the window. They tend to get annoyed and irritated when the applicant have hard time and taking too much time assorting the documents and pictures from the folder to give to them. Make is easier and simple for you and your wife and easier for presentation.

Folder 1: Identification Documents: BC, NBI clearance, CENOMAR (some were asked about this, but mostly USEM do their own NSO checks), Police certificates (if this apply), Annulment/divorce decrees.

Folder 2: Financial Support Documents: I-864, ITR, W-2, Employment certificates, others.

Folder 3: Proof of relationship: Electronic Correspondence- emails and chat logs. Not all of the emails and chat logs because it will be too bulky. Print 1-2 each month (1 from you and 1 from her). Letters and card- via snail/slow mail and include the stamped envelop (for the date).

Folder 4: Proof of continuous relationship: Money remittances, phone bills, others.

Folder 5: Photos (arranged chronologically and with captions would be better for presentation, so they can follow your "Love Story" and relationship).

3. And yes, tell your wife to bring your daughter's passport, BC, Baptismal certificates and pictures of your daughter with you and your wife. You can make a separate folder for her and separate folder for pictures of your daughter -> from birth to present, with you and your wife. Tell like that for presentation.

P1010578WinCE.jpgP1010575WinCE.jpg

P1010577WinCE.jpgP1010576WinCE.jpg

Just an opinion. Good Luck to you and your family. God Bless!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.