Sheryl&Robert

CFO counseling/registration/passport

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi gUyS... i just want to know about this .... :help:

I already applied for my passport at DFA but i can't claim it yet because i have to attend the counseling requirement for (K1 VISA) at CFO... I've waited until our application will be approved - and THANK GOD we're approved last JULY 17, 2007 :dance::thumbs: before i attend the Guidance & Counseling Services at CFO... I'm just confused if after I attend the COUNSELING (PRISM) and receiving the Guidance & Counseling Certificate , I also have to register it right away at CFO MANILA....coz i don't have my passport yet...

What I'm thinking is just to attend the GUIDANCE & COUNSELING SERVICES (PRISM) to have my Guidance & Counseling Certificate.. then submit it to the DFA to give me my passport...and the actual registration at CFO MANILA will follow. I mean the release of my passport will come first before registering it... Is this right?

THANKS in advance!!!!!!

Sheryl.... :)

I-129F - K1/Fiance

03-28-07 = Sent I-129F to CSC

03-29-07 = I-129F received at CSC

04-02-07 = NOA 1

04-05-07 = Check cashed

04-10-07 = Touch

07-16-07 = Touch

07-17-07 = Touch

07-17-07 = NOA2 via email

07-20-07 = NOA2 via snailmail

09-24-07 = Early Medical @ St. Lukes

09-27-07 = St. Lukes - Medical Examination

10-04-07 = US Embassy Interview

10-04-07 = APPROVED!!!

10-10-07 = Received VISA

10-12-07 = POE - Las Vegas

11-17-07 = Our Wedding

AOS - Adjustment of Status

03-19-08 = AOS Package Sent to USCIS

03-21-08 = AOS Delivered via USPS Priority Mail (Chicago, IL)

03-25-08 = Check Cashed

03-28-08 = NOA1 for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04-01-08 = Received Biometrics appointment letter

04-16-08 = Scheduled Biometrics Appointment (done)

04-18-08 = I-485 & I-765 case status appears online

05-15-08 = EAD card production ordered (emailed by CRIS)

05-15-08 = AP Approval notice received

05-19-08 = EAD card production ordered (2nd emailed by CRIS)

05-21-08 = EAD and AP card received

12-01-08 = Received I-797C, Notice of Action

01-14-09 = AOS Interview - APPROVED!

01-15-09 = Green Card production ordered (emailed by CRIS) & shown at USCIS website

01-26-09 = Received GREEN CARD by mail -- YAHOOOOO!!!!!

For spouses and fiance/e of foreign nationals, DFA needs the Guidance and Counseling Seminar Certificate (Yellow Certificate) before they issue the passport. You can ttend the seminar at PRISM or at QC. Both have daily schedules (Monday to Friday at 10am, 130pm and 3pm). Bring Identification when you go there.

Ater your interview and you pass and already have your visa, then you will have to go to CFO (QC or at Quirino Ave.) for the green certificate and stamp. You will have to present your Yellow certificate for your stamp. Only when you have the stamp that you will be allowed to leave the country (travel), immigration at NAIA will check that your passport have the CFO stamp.

Check CFO site for more info: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

Good Luck and God Bless!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Congratulations on the approval, that is my birthday! Woo Woo :wacko:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi gUyS... i just want to know about this .... :help:

I already applied for my passport at DFA but i can't claim it yet because i have to attend the counseling requirement for (K1 VISA) at CFO... I've waited until our application will be approved - and THANK GOD we're approved last JULY 17, 2007 :dance::thumbs: before i attend the Guidance & Counseling Services at CFO... I'm just confused if after I attend the COUNSELING (PRISM) and receiving the Guidance & Counseling Certificate , I also have to register it right away at CFO MANILA....coz i don't have my passport yet...

What I'm thinking is just to attend the GUIDANCE & COUNSELING SERVICES (PRISM) to have my Guidance & Counseling Certificate.. then submit it to the DFA to give me my passport...and the actual registration at CFO MANILA will follow. I mean the release of my passport will come first before registering it... Is this right?

THANKS in advance!!!!!!

Sheryl.... :)

My wife just picked up her passport from the DFA yesterday. She had to show them the green certificate from CFO also before they would release it. All u have to do is take the yellow cert you get for attending to CFO office and they will give you the Green Cert. Take this to DFA to get your passport and then just go back to CFO show the Green Cert and ur Reciept to get the stamp.

Go to the DFA and claim your passport before u go to the CFO Manila (in Citigold Tower) because you need to have a visa first before you can have the stamp/sticker. DFA just need to see that you already attended the CFO guidance and counselling seminar. So after ur interview at embassy and once you got ur visa, you can go to the CFO Manila to get a sticker which they will put it in your passport.

009.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone....

THANKS for all the answers... so I guess I'll just have to be sure that the Yellow cert. will be returned to me by the DFA...

GOodluck to all of US :yes:

I-129F - K1/Fiance

03-28-07 = Sent I-129F to CSC

03-29-07 = I-129F received at CSC

04-02-07 = NOA 1

04-05-07 = Check cashed

04-10-07 = Touch

07-16-07 = Touch

07-17-07 = Touch

07-17-07 = NOA2 via email

07-20-07 = NOA2 via snailmail

09-24-07 = Early Medical @ St. Lukes

09-27-07 = St. Lukes - Medical Examination

10-04-07 = US Embassy Interview

10-04-07 = APPROVED!!!

10-10-07 = Received VISA

10-12-07 = POE - Las Vegas

11-17-07 = Our Wedding

AOS - Adjustment of Status

03-19-08 = AOS Package Sent to USCIS

03-21-08 = AOS Delivered via USPS Priority Mail (Chicago, IL)

03-25-08 = Check Cashed

03-28-08 = NOA1 for I-485, I-765 & I-131

04-01-08 = Received Biometrics appointment letter

04-16-08 = Scheduled Biometrics Appointment (done)

04-18-08 = I-485 & I-765 case status appears online

05-15-08 = EAD card production ordered (emailed by CRIS)

05-15-08 = AP Approval notice received

05-19-08 = EAD card production ordered (2nd emailed by CRIS)

05-21-08 = EAD and AP card received

12-01-08 = Received I-797C, Notice of Action

01-14-09 = AOS Interview - APPROVED!

01-15-09 = Green Card production ordered (emailed by CRIS) & shown at USCIS website

01-26-09 = Received GREEN CARD by mail -- YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think there is some confusion here. There are 2 seperate processes.

#1: ACQUIRING A FILIPINO PASSPORT

#2: ACQUIRING A CFO "RELEASE" Certificate ('stamp') in the Passport.

#1 has no dependancy on #2. As luvbugs4ever states, you should go to DFA and get your passport now. Don't wait for the CFO Course and/or completion certificate. People get passports all the time, not everyone getting a passport is doing so for or comtemplating a future use of that passport for emmigration purposes (hence - no CFO requirements)

#2 has a partial dependancy on #1. You can go take the CFO course and get your yellow completion ticket without having your Passport (though you will need ID, visa information, etc to take CFO course). Then if you don't already have your passport, you will of course need to acquire it. Whether you had it before the CFO course or got it after, you then follow the steps in getting the USA Visa put into your passport. At that point, you can go to the CFO and have your passport stamped with the CFO approval.

It's that final CFO stamp that is checked at the airport if you are leaving the country with emmigrantion intent. Remember, Many Filipinos depart the Phillipines without emmigrant intent or purposes. Of course, nothing related to CFO Certification applies in these cases.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Edited by Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

If you are immigrating you HAVE to complete the CFO course before they will issue a passport, then after you receive your visa you have to go back and get the stamp.

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Many Filipinos depart the Phillipines without emmigrant intent or purposes. Of course, nothing related to CFO Certification applies in these cases.

Many also get passports without doing CFO if their leaving the country isn't related to immigrating or they don't say so on the Passport application.

However if they have a PP and want to change to their new married name they will have to do the CFO trip first.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
If you are immigrating you HAVE to complete the CFO course before they will issue a passport, then after you receive your visa you have to go back and get the stamp.

There is no reason or requirement to provide 'immigration intent' when applying for a passport. Hence, my previous posting's point that there is no reason for CFO to create a dependancy on getting a passport issued.

Warm Regards,

Samby

TinTin and Samby

There is no reason or requirement to provide 'immigration intent' when applying for a passport. Hence, my previous posting's point that there is no reason for CFO to create a dependancy on getting a passport issued.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Yes, but when you walk in with a new marriage certificate to a foreigner and ask to change your name, they sort of get the idea what's going on. ;)

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Timeline

Warm Regards,

Samby

Yes, but when you walk in with a new marriage certificate to a foreigner and ask to change your name, they sort of get the idea what's going on. ;)

Certainly :) But that would be a Passport change/renewel. You would have already had a passport before in this situation. :)

Warm Regards,

Samby

TinTin and Samby

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Warm Regards,

Samby

Certainly :) But that would be a Passport change/renewel. You would have already had a passport before in this situation. :)

Warm Regards,

Samby

Thats true Samby, but as soon as you show them the marriage certificate the first thing they ask is if you plan to immigrate to the US or whatever country. At that point they will require the CFO certificate before they will make the change and re-issue it. My wifes cousin was in the same situation when she got married to an Aussie and tried to change the name on her passport. They are very picky there at DFA. She could always lie and say that they are staying in the Philippines but why risk it when the CFO class is so easy.

Your responses to the question on Passports has become very interesting to me because when I visit in 3 weeks I plan on helping my wife and stepdaughter with theirs. I've contacted a travel agent in Ermita that other VJ members have used and they indicated to me that they won't have to take the CFO seminar to receive their passports ( they will of course eventually ) With my stepdaughter in college she will be able to take the seminar at her leisure when she has time off of school in October. It does seem like a red flag to me though when the DFA sees Mom with a new last name when compared to her daughter !

I-130 Process

3-20-07 NOA 1

3-23-07 Touched

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

I-129f Process

4-06-07 NOA 1

4-09-07 Touched

4-17-07 Transferred to CSC

4-18-07 Touched

4-19-07 Touched

4-23-07 Hard copy transfer NOA

5-07-07 Pending at CSC

9-12-07 Touched ( because of phone call )

9-13-07 Touched

9-14-07 APPROVED

9-19-07 NOA 2

10-22-07 NVC received

10-24-07 NVC left

10-31-07 Consulate received

11-28-07 Medical

12-04-07 Interview

12-06-07 Visa pickup

Warm Regards,

Samby

Warm Regards,

Samby

Thats true Samby, but as soon as you show them the marriage certificate the first thing they ask is if you plan to immigrate to the US or whatever country. At that point they will require the CFO certificate before they will make the change and re-issue it. My wifes cousin was in the same situation when she got married to an Aussie and tried to change the name on her passport. They are very picky there at DFA. She could always lie and say that they are staying in the Philippines but why risk it when the CFO class is so easy.

I agree. So get that CFO Certificate first or you will never get your passport. When you already have your VISA then thats the time you have it stamped by the CFO Manila and you are ready to fly :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.