SherryNCon

Mistake in DS-160 and appointment service profile. Please help :/

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 
So I have filled the wrong information of issuing country of my passport as UAE instead of India, as I got confused because place of issue in my passport says Dubai. I am able to submit one more new DS-160 with the correct issuing country, but I am not able to change the issuing country in my appointment profile. 
Is this going to be a major issue? Should I cancel the appointment just to change the information on my appointment profile as well? Please help...

8 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

You can submit another DS-160 or fill up, print and take it to the interview. 

But what about the page of my interview appointment, I'm unable to change the information on that... They said the only way to change is to cancel the appointment and rebook. 

This is the warning given above -

Warning: The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-160 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents.

If you are completing the information below on behalf of a child, please make sure that you enter the child’s information, not the parent’s.

Just now, SherryNCon said:

But what about the page of my interview appointment, I'm unable to change the information on that... They said the only way to change is to cancel the appointment and rebook. 

This is the warning given above -

Warning: The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-160 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents.

If you are completing the information below on behalf of a child, please make sure that you enter the child’s information, not the parent’s.

Indeed it can delay things. 

If there are available appointments then reschedule. 

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Indeed it can delay things. 

If there are available appointments then reschedule. 

I don't see any available appointments right now... We e-mailed the embassy regarding this issue, hopefully they can give us a resolution 😕 It was a genuine mistake and I'm feeling regretful 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.