alongjourney

Police certificate from Thailand

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I found information from the Dept. of State website, but not enough explanation to be actually helpful.

Then, a Thai friend of mine found this website. It says "plice clearance certificate." It seems like people who want to teach in Thailand need to get this certificate also. Does anybody know if this is same as the police certificate needed for the U.S. visa?

http://www.sb.police.go.th/pcscenter/eservice.php

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Instructions from the Embassy in Bangkok:

Thai Police Certificates are available from:

Section 3, Sub-Division 2, General Staff Division

Special Branch, Royal Thai Police Department

Rama 1 Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Tel. 02-205-2605

Residents of Thailand requesting Thai police certificate will need to present two recent photographs (2 inch x 2 inch), the original and a copy of his and/or her passport, identification card, household registration, name change certificate (if any), marriage and divorce certificate (if any). Thai males aged 17-45 must also present military record or proof of exemption from military service.

Non-residents should send their requests to the Royal Thai Police Department at the above address with the required documents and a fingerprint taken by a police authority at their place of residence.

Normal processing time is two to three weeks. There is no procesing fee.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, is very straightforward. Nid went there, they filled out a bunch of papers, fingerprinted her, told her to come back after a week. She did pay 5 baht for something, I could not understand what it was for.

I found information from the Dept. of State website, but not enough explanation to be actually helpful.

Then, a Thai friend of mine found this website. It says "plice clearance certificate." It seems like people who want to teach in Thailand need to get this certificate also. Does anybody know if this is same as the police certificate needed for the U.S. visa?

http://www.sb.police.go.th/pcscenter/eservice.php

Thank you!

Timeline:

02/20/2005 - Met first time in Bangkok, Thailand

01/19/2006 - "Unofficial" Wedding Ceremony in Surin, Thailand

03/19/2007 - Filed K-1 Visa petition at Vermont Service Center

08/30/2007 - Received K-1 Visa from US Embassy Bangkok

10/05/2007 - Arrived POE at Washington DC

10/09/2007 - "Official" Wedding Ceremony in Rockville, Maryland

10/23/2007 - Apply for SSN

10/25/2007 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP petitions to Chicago Lockbox

10/29/2007 - Received SSN

11/02/2007 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

11/27/2007 - AOS/EAD Biometrics - USCIS Glenmont, Maryland

12/19/2007 - AOS transfered to CSC

12/27/2007 - EAD/AP approved

01/03/2008 - Received AP Documents

01/05/2008 - Received EAD Card

Perpetual fluctuation is the essence of the perceptual universe

Filed: Timeline

Hi, nate&nid

I didn't say in my original email, but maybe the unclarity of information in the DOS website (I think can access from BKK embassy website as well) comes from the fact that I'm not a Thai citizen (but currently do live in Thailand). It wasn't clear to me if "resident" meant "citizens" and "non-resident" meant "non-citizens" or just referred to those who lived in Thailand vs. those who do not. The items under "residents" (IDs, household registration info, etc.) seemed only to apply to Thai citizens and I wasn't sure if I would be asked to bring those as well. On the other hand, I didn't know how I would get finger printes at local police here (now I know they take finger prints at the office when I go there), and for non-residents they only mention "required documents" but do not explain what they are. Are they referring to all the same documents that they mention for "residents?" I put up a topic/thread on this before, but no one responded.

One thing about the link on "police clearance certificate" that I mentioned in my original post is that it is clear there that they are referreing to citizens (Thai nationals) and non-citizns (foreign applicants). It is also pretty clear that I only need to bring my passport and a proof that I'm in Thailand legitimately (work permit, etc.). So I hoped that this police clearance certificate was the same as what was needed for the U.S. visa.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK, well then all I can suggest is that you contact the US Embassy Bangkok directly by email at visabkk2@state.gov make sure you put on the subject line your NVC case number and the last name of the Thai beneficiary and ask them what they will need for you. I can only conjecture, but they would have the real poop. They usually reply within a day (unless you catch them during a holiday). I hope they can give you the answer you need.

Timeline:

02/20/2005 - Met first time in Bangkok, Thailand

01/19/2006 - "Unofficial" Wedding Ceremony in Surin, Thailand

03/19/2007 - Filed K-1 Visa petition at Vermont Service Center

08/30/2007 - Received K-1 Visa from US Embassy Bangkok

10/05/2007 - Arrived POE at Washington DC

10/09/2007 - "Official" Wedding Ceremony in Rockville, Maryland

10/23/2007 - Apply for SSN

10/25/2007 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP petitions to Chicago Lockbox

10/29/2007 - Received SSN

11/02/2007 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

11/27/2007 - AOS/EAD Biometrics - USCIS Glenmont, Maryland

12/19/2007 - AOS transfered to CSC

12/27/2007 - EAD/AP approved

01/03/2008 - Received AP Documents

01/05/2008 - Received EAD Card

Perpetual fluctuation is the essence of the perceptual universe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.