MeG@Am

US Embassy in Cairo for Notary Appointment

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

that is the divorce papers provided by the city that I currently have and Egypt didn't accept
do you know if the final divorce decree is different from this one?
image.png.b144422131aadb52babfd50de2ff96a6.png

Hi! Why wasn’t this accepted? Mine looks like this it was certified by the city clerk and I got an apostille from the state. 

IMG_5568.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Princess3 said:

Hi! Why wasn’t this accepted? Mine looks like this it was certified by the city clerk and I got an apostille from the state. 

IMG_5568.jpeg

it wasn't accepted by the Ministry of justice in Egypt because the title says decree of dissolution of marriage instead of final decree

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

it wasn't accepted by the Ministry of justice in Egypt because the title says decree of dissolution of marriage instead of final decree

Did you take it to the Egypt embassy in USA to get it authenticated by them for the ministry of Justice? I went to the Egyptian consul and they didn’t say anything about this not being final they just told me to get the apostille and come back to get it stamped and authenticated. This document is from Indiana and it’s signed by the judge on last page and certified by the city clerk. I will call the court and ask if they have anything else but I’m pretty sure this is it because it works for uscis. 
Thanks for replying 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Princess3 said:

Did you take it to the Egypt embassy in USA to get it authenticated by them for the ministry of Justice? I went to the Egyptian consul and they didn’t say anything about this not being final they just told me to get the apostille and come back to get it stamped and authenticated. This document is from Indiana and it’s signed by the judge on last page and certified by the city clerk. I will call the court and ask if they have anything else but I’m pretty sure this is it because it works for uscis. 
Thanks for replying 

yes we did that got this translation and authentication from the consulate of Egypt in Chicago, it was two years ago back in 2021, yes our worked too for USCIS cuz they approved our k1 with current divorce papers, I don't really know why people in Egypt didn't accept it, maybe when you will go you will find more understandable people in the ministry of justice 
image.png.15ea31d739dd9751b874034cae3d6894.png

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

yes we did that got this translation and authentication from the consulate of Egypt in Chicago, it was two years ago back in 2021, yes our worked too for USCIS cuz they approved our k1 with current divorce papers, I don't really know why people in Egypt didn't accept it, maybe when you will go you will find more understandable people in the ministry of justice 
image.png.15ea31d739dd9751b874034cae3d6894.png

Did your first page look like mine? Btw embassy in Chicago is something else I hope  they are nicer in Egypt . Congrats on your K1 approval !!!! How long did that process take? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Princess3 said:

Did your first page look like mine? Btw embassy in Chicago is something else I hope  they are nicer in Egypt . Congrats on your K1 approval !!!! How long did that process take? 

the first page was a bit different from yours
our K1 journey so far
applied: Dec 13, 2021
approved: Mar 17, 2023
NVC received: June 5, 2023
waiting case number

Timeline
13 hours ago, Princess3 said:

Hi Meg 

Appoitments book about 3 month in advance. They post new appointment times on Thursdays. I was told not every Thursday tho. We called and email the embassy in Cairo and they gave the info no problem. 

Unfortunately, there are no openings yet.  How long did you wait when you called them?  I'm thinking of calling this coming week.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

the first page was a bit different from yours
our K1 journey so far
applied: Dec 13, 2021
approved: Mar 17, 2023
NVC received: June 5, 2023
waiting case number

Once you have the number and the embassy receives your case, it will be pretty fast after that.  Good luck to you!

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.