elmcitymaven

What's "your" song?

39 posts in this topic

I am so moved by your story. Wow.

We don't have a particular song. Certain songs evoke certain memories, certainly. Wonderwall by Oasis reminds me of our first road trip from Boston to Niagara Falls. We decided to have a singing competition, singing Wonderwall (of course our thumbs were the microphones). Neither of us won.

Music from Swan Lake reminds me of when we went to see it in Paris, and at the end we were both crying, it was so powerful. And after that we went to dinner at a small restaurant in Place de la Republique and walked home.

And Last Night by Diddy reminds me of him dancing around our apartment.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We don't really have one, but everytime we hear the Fray's "How to Save a Life" we get really excited and turn it up. Not because it's lovey dovey or anything, but because it's on Scrubs and we LOVE that show. So I guess instead of a song we have a show :D.

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Ours is Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line. Love it!

Before we met in person, Dave used to text me lyrics to songs and I'd be frantically looking them up and reading far too much into the words!

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Timeline

Sweet Miracle - because my baby made me believe there are good men in this world after all.

A Song for While I'm Away - telling each other we love one another while we're apart.

Air That I Breathe - when it was playing, he just looked at me and said it's our other song.

I'll Cover You - "I've longed to discover something as true as this is" That's how I felt when we fell in love. :luv:

After reading Corissa's post (very sweet!), it got me thinking -- what's our song? Overall, it has to be "City of New Orleans" by Arlo Guthrie. We were driving down Route 1 together, it was January 2006 and it was Bruce's first visit to America. It was cold and snowy, and we were on our way to Daddy's Junky Music so he could mess about with guitars. (Again.) We were totally gaga for each other but hadn't gotten the nerve up to say "I Love You" yet.

We were almost at the shop, when the song came on the radio. I said, "Ooooh, I love this song! I haven't heard it in years!" and we both got very quiet. By the second verse I was in floods of tears -- I suddenly realised how much I loved America in spite of myself, and how much I wanted to be home at last. But there would be no moving without Bruce. I felt an awful longing and so overwhelmed with love -- for Bruce, for home -- that I started bawling. I was in love! But how could I love him and come home without him?

When the song finished, Bruce said quietly, "That was one of the greatest, most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Why are you crying?" I said I was just being silly, it reminded me of being a little girl. He said the song seemed to be calling out to him, speaking to his soul, saying he had at last found a home. From these seeds a plan, a crazy and wonderful plan, emerged. We were in love, and we were going to get back to America by hook or by crook. Bruce learned to play it on the guitar and whenever he sings it, I am back in that car, bundled up in scarves and gloves, crying because I realised I was in love and that despite years of protestations, I really loved my home.

So....what's everyone's "song"?

(My song while I was waiting for Packet 4 to arrive had to be Tom Petty's "The Waiting" -- couldn't get the chorus out of my head! :blush: )

Our song is an oldie but a goodie - "At Last" - Joss Stone version. I noticed after we made that our song, that it is in the movie Pleasantville when they were driving to lover's lane. What a wonderful song. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jerry sings "You are My Sunshine" to me all the time :blush:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle".

One of our favourites too. Big Jim Croce fans all around, actually. Ahhhh...The Muppets...

You hippies! :devil::lol:

Guilty as charged, ma'am! :innocent:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

We don't have a song really but at the wedding we danced to the Kinks - Waterloo Sunset (seeing as we met/dated in London).

Good choice. Actually apart from my gratuitous Muppets reference, the song my wife and I probably enjoy the most is Come of Eileen, because it has gotten played during some good times.

Filed: Timeline
We don't have a song really but at the wedding we danced to the Kinks - Waterloo Sunset (seeing as we met/dated in London).

Good choice. Actually apart from my gratuitous Muppets reference, the song my wife and I probably enjoy the most is Come of Eileen, because it has gotten played during some good times.

Come ON Eileen you mean? ;)

Hubby loves the 60s so the Kinks it was...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.