jm1409

Paid NVC fees and both transactions took the money out of my account but the IV fee shows 'NOT PAID'

25 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

I had the same problem, paid on 4/18, locked out on 5/1 for rejected payment, but refused to pay again. I had talked with Pay.gov twice and they informed me they could not refund the extra payment. My account let me re-enter my documents the same day as everyone else's. The problem I'm having now is I cannot upload any documents on the accounts I had earlier worked on. I have 2 cases, one for wife and stepson.

That's weird, I can still upload documents just fine.

• 1 month later...

I have read this post late and I have unfortunately, paid twice for my husband's petition - as was advised by NVC Inquiry twice. 

I have spoken to NVC inquiry and pay.gov multiple times and both entities keep on pushing the blame/responsibility to each other. Overall, I paid $890 in CEAC fees.

I felt like scammed honestly, but no use in regretting now. I assume I won't be getting any refund anymore at this point since it has already been almost 2 months, but what I'm curious is can I possibly request expedite for IV interview due to NVC's error?

Due to NVC asking me to repay fees, my DQ date was pushed back for 2 weeks and recently they did a mass expedite for all CR1/IR1 cases in my husband's country (Jan-May 25 DQ). 

My husband is unfortunately DQed May 26. Had they not asked me to pay twice, he could have been included in the mass expedite of Interviews.

Your thoughts/opinions on our situation is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by PsychoGF

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

11 hours ago, PsychoGF said:

I have read this post late and I have unfortunately, paid twice for my husband's petition - as was advised by NVC Inquiry twice. 

I have spoken to NVC inquiry and pay.gov multiple times and both entities keep on pushing the blame/responsibility to each other. Overall, I paid $890 in CEAC fees.

I felt like scammed honestly, but no use in regretting now. I assume I won't be getting any refund anymore at this point since it has already been almost 2 months, but what I'm curious is can I possibly request expedite for IV interview due to NVC's error?

Due to NVC asking me to repay fees, my DQ date was pushed back for 2 weeks and recently they did a mass expedite for all CR1/IR1 cases in my husband's country (Jan-May 25 DQ). 

My husband is unfortunately DQed May 26. Had they not asked me to pay twice, he could have been included in the mass expedite of Interviews.

Your thoughts/opinions on our situation is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Try reaching out to your bank, they might help you file a dispute, that's what I did.

5 hours ago, elmas3oud said:

Try reaching out to your bank, they might help you file a dispute, that's what I did.

I considered doing this, but I'm afraid it would cause a problem with my husband's case and make it more delayed. He's still DQ and hasn't gotten IL yet. 

When you filed a dispute in your bank, were you also just in DQ or were you/your spouse already interviewed?

36 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

I considered doing this, but I'm afraid it would cause a problem with my husband's case and make it more delayed. He's still DQ and hasn't gotten IL yet. 

When you filed a dispute in your bank, were you also just in DQ or were you/your spouse already interviewed?

I filed a dispute before I even uploaded any documents, my bank returned the money within 3 days, I then paid again and everything went smooth from there on.

Just now, elmas3oud said:

I filed a dispute before I even uploaded any documents, my bank returned the money within 3 days, I then paid again and everything went smooth from there on.

I see. In our case, we got the rejected payment after we have already uploaded and answered all forms. I'm waiting to receive IL because by then, it would no longer affect my DQ date I believe. 

Although thank you for the advice!

• 3 months later...

How are your cases going? I made the IV fee payment on 09/26/2023 but it still shows the IV fee status as IN PROCESS. I have made the inquiry several times but they didn’t give any clear answer. I still can’t move forward and submit other documents. Should I dispute the payment with my bank and pay the IV fee again?

3 hours ago, TiffanyL said:

How are your cases going? I made the IV fee payment on 09/26/2023 but it still shows the IV fee status as IN PROCESS. I have made the inquiry several times but they didn’t give any clear answer. I still can’t move forward and submit other documents. Should I dispute the payment with my bank and pay the IV fee again?

This is weird, in my case it was a glitch and it was fixed on its own within a week, but by that time I had already disputed the charge with my bank, so it took them another day or two to realize that and give the pay button again, I ended up paying again and everything went smoothly from there, the thing I know for sure is that their support was the most unhelpful thing I've ever seen, I'm not sure what's the best action but I hope it works out for you.

15 hours ago, TiffanyL said:

I suggest you contact pay.gov directly and ask for a copy of the receipt from them. After getting the receipt, submit an inquiry again at NVC's public inquiry form. 

pay.gov is quick to respond and the most solid evidence you can provide to NVC. NVC will only consider that as your proof - not even bank account statement is enough. I had problems with double payment and submitted all kinds of proofs since May but they never processed anything. Not until I tried contacting pay.gov around a month ago directly and provided NVC with pay.gov's receipt via email correspondence. Now my refund is in process and I'm just waiting for NVC to mail the check to me :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.