Jennymc11

How did you guys do it?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thats true Mags, he hasn't got too long to go and believe me, he is enjoying his last few nights in Leeds with "the boys." They better be behaving themselves:)

I have been keeping myself busy, mostly actually with my mom. I'm also trying to just enjoy this week I have in my apartment on my own. I've always lived with roommates, up until I went to England so I have never lived alone. Its definitely nice, but I know I will prefer it when my "permanent roomie" gets here.

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

02/26/2007 Became officially engaged in Rome:)

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

07/20/2007 Visa Interview in London! Approved!!

10/04/2007 Small private wedding!

04/19/2008 Big fancy shmancy wedding!

AOS Timeline:

10/18/2007 Sent entire AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago

10/19/2007 Package received in Chicago- signed for by V Bustamante

10/25/2007 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP.

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

11/28/2007 Biometrics appointment in Denver.

12/17/2007 EAD card production ordered!

12/27/2007 EAD card arrives.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

02/01/2008 AOS interview in Denver. APPROVED!

02/11/2008 Green Card received in mail!

Done until July 09' !

Filed: Timeline

So D just flew to Dublin with his friends until Tuesday. :cry: Going to see 2 preseason Sunderland games (SAFC TIL WE DIE!). Anyways, one of my friends is all 'why aren't you pissed off that he's going?' and I'm all 'why would I be pissed off? I want him to have fun....especially have his fun watchin the lads this season after they worked so hard to get back in the prem. And he's giving that up for me. So #######?

I'm actually the one who talked him into going...yes, it's going to suck just getting fly by check in calls...but eh, we'll be together soon enough.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

After nine glorious weeks together, Griff went back to the UK this past Sunday. It really stinks. I always find that the early days of the separation are the hardest. I mean, I always miss him when he's not with me, but you get used to it after a while.

Since we just sent off the petition, we preparing for a long separation since both service centers seem to be very slow at the moment. I hate the thought of it, but we just have to forge ahead.

Timeline
After nine glorious weeks together, Griff went back to the UK this past Sunday. It really stinks. I always find that the early days of the separation are the hardest. I mean, I always miss him when he's not with me, but you get used to it after a while.

Since we just sent off the petition, we preparing for a long separation since both service centers seem to be very slow at the moment. I hate the thought of it, but we just have to forge ahead.

We'll be thinking of you Julezabelle. I was actually wondering when you were getting that all sent off. Maybe Vermont will be quick for you!

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

AOS Timeline:

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

Done until July 09' !

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Every time I left hubby back in the USA, I'd hold back the tears on the plane (didn't want to look like a loon) and wait til I got home. Then I'd run myself a bath and spend an hour in there crying my eyes out. Then I'd get out, get dressed and get on with things. Still sad of course, but it's how I coped. ;)

Timeline

We'll be thinking of you Julezabelle. I was actually wondering when you were getting that all sent off. Maybe Vermont will be quick for you!

Thanks Jenny! We had to wait FOREVER for his divorce to be finalized, hence we couldn't file. My hopes for a speedy trip through Vermont have been dashed as they are in the 70 - 90 day range for petition approvals right now. Still, slightly better than CSC, but little consolation for this lonely lady!

Congrats on your upcoming reunion!

Timeline

Every time I left hubby back in the USA, I'd hold back the tears on the plane (didn't want to look like a loon) and wait til I got home. Then I'd run myself a bath and spend an hour in there crying my eyes out. Then I'd get out, get dressed and get on with things. Still sad of course, but it's how I coped. ;)

Oh hell, mags, I cry like a loon publicly! :crying: And again in the car on the way home :crying: , and again at home :crying: !!! It wears off after a few days, but every now and then it hits me like a punch to the gut, and the tears are back. My only consolation is that there is definitely an end to the separation, so I keep going. Other people trying to console me actually makes me feel worse for some reason. Go figure.

Timeline

I know what you mean :cry:

Last time I left I definitely looked like a COMPLETE loon... I was so pissed off though... When I was checking in a guy from Virgin came up to me and said, 'would you like to go home tomorrow instead?' We both said 'Hell yeah!!!' Turns out they had overbooked the flight. They were going to give me a free round trip ticket and a night in the Marriott. Only snag was that I had to go through security and go to the gate and wait to make sure that there were no non arrivals. If there were any then I would have to get on the plane. Really got my hopes up he did!

Anyway, Chris waited in the check in lounge for an hour just incase I didn't have to get on the flight, and 10 MINUTES before boarding, they came up to me and said it's fine! You can get on! I was absolutely gutted :cry: The worst thing about it was that there were these guys trying to get on the plane who were on standby and she wouldn't let us swap :cry:

I begged.. It got me absolutely nowhere. :lol: Heart hearted she was... :blink: When I went through to get on the plane, I was in a right state. The guy taking the tickets said, 'are you sure you're ok to fly?' :unsure: I then proceded to sniffle for the next 2 hours. I was getting some right strange looks :wacko:

Ugh. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know I'm in the wrong forum.

But you guys just made me feel better. I just got home from dropping Jim off at the airport. I won't see him again until I have my visa. Always good to know other people understand :(

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Timeline

Just noticed a typo in my last post :blink: HARD hearted that was meant to say... Not heart hearted :rolleyes:

But you guys just made me feel better. I just got home from dropping Jim off at the airport. I won't see him again until I have my visa. Always good to know other people understand

:thumbs: Agreed! That is why this website is so damn addicting! :lol: It is great to know that there are other people feeling exactly how you are :)

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Timeline

But you guys just made me feel better. I just got home from dropping Jim off at the airport. I won't see him again until I have my visa. Always good to know other people understand :(

You're not in the wrong forum at all! We're all in this together, regardless of the countries involved! Its so great that we can all lean on eachother for support, no matter where we are from! And believe me, Tinker, we all can relate to how you feel! Hope the Visa journey goes quickly for you!!

Timeline

I know this is silly, but I just spoke with Rich who has been having a blast the last few days. He and his friends have been hanging out, going out on the town, and I'm actually a bit jealous! What??

I'm bored and lonely and have little to no social life anymore. He sure is having a lot of fun without me!! I'm just really feeling sorry for myself and feel like a bit of a dork with no friends and no job. I want him to have fun though, I really do, because he's gonna miss his lads.

Big sigh...

Then I remember he will be here on Tuesday night and I feel better!

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

AOS Timeline:

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

Done until July 09' !

Everyone here sympathises!

I feel slightly guilty saying this now, but I've just put my finacee back on the plane after she came over to the UK to surprise me for 10 days (thankyou little monkey)! It had been 3 hard months since we'd seen each other (and I know that's small change compared with some people's situations). We had a lovely time, but it never gets any easier doing the Heathrow run...

The only two practical pieces of advice that I can give are: 1. Throw yourself into your job when you find one. My job has been invaluable in keeping my mind off the long periods of seperation. 2. Try as hard as possible to keep some kind of social life - your friends are occupied with their own lives but someone will throw you a lifeline. Also don't feel ashamed of having a social life if your S/O isn't having one, and don't feel jealous if the situation is reversed - you've both got to do what you've got to do to get through this period of time.

Failing that, bourbon has been working out pretty well for me lately! :wacko:

1186153754421.jpg

...yeah, I wish!

Timeline:

December 06 - Filed I129F petition with California Service Center

March 07 - Received petition approval notice

April 07 - Applied for Police Certificate through West Midlands police

24 April 07 - Received Packet 3 from London Embassy

1 May 07 - Received receipt for Police Certificate

5 May 07 - Mailed DS-230 Part I, DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 back to the Embassy

9 May 07 - London Embassy receives forms

9 May 07 - Medical at Bentinck Mansions

1 June 07 - Mailed document checklist

8 June 07 - Received Police Certificate (39 days from receipt)

15 June 07 - Touched by the Embassy

21 June 07 - Interview date confirmed as 10 August 07

22 June 07 - Received Packet 4

10 August 07 - Interview at London Embassy - APPROVED!

...wedding date is 3 September 07!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.