Micam

Documents and Paperwork Needed for ACRO

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MarmiteC said:

I didn't send proof of address as I forgot it as it's not in the checklist.  I'll struggle to wait on the line for long enough to call them.  It says the proof of address needs to go to a customer service email, which is not the same as the application email... should I send a follow up mail to customer service with my proof of address so they can attach it?

I would email the same email you applied to but CC the customer service email in too. Make it clear that they're additional documents for a previous submission in the title!

Did you receive an acknowledgment email? I got an email back from them with the document to fill out, which I replied to with the filled out form. Haven't received anything else since.

7 minutes ago, Micam said:

I would email the same email you applied to but CC the customer service email in too. Make it clear that they're additional documents for a previous submission in the title!

Did you receive an acknowledgment email? I got an email back from them with the document to fill out, which I replied to with the filled out form. Haven't received anything else since.

Good idea, I'll do that.

I got the form a few weeks ago from them, just hadn't finished it.  I had it ready to go so sent it Monday.

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, VIVI C said:

Hi guys,

I checked everywhere on the form and their email. no where says it need proof of current address. I am a bit concerned where it said we need to send it. thanks

It's not explicit but it does refer to 'proof of address'. I included it since every other website had mentioned it and I didn't want to deal with missing documents since the process was already so slow! 

image.thumb.png.074598ba6595a4386f15efe188478e0e.png

4 hours ago, VIVI C said:

Hi Micam,

Thank you for the reply. fair enough. t is not shown on the new form they shows to me.  I guess they changed form.

Do yourself a favor and provide proof of address. It’s a simple thing to do and not worth a potential delay. We just did ours about one month ago and I remember seeing it on the paperwork or email somewhere about providing proof, and then couldn’t find it again..and then my husband pointed it out. Just can’t recall where it was now. Like someone else said, it wasn’t explicit, but it was implied. Who knows they may have changed since then, but it’s not really worth the risk when all you need to do is include a bank statement or a bill. 

Edited by BLC
Typo

1 hour ago, BLC said:

Do yourself a favor and provide proof of address. It’s a simple thing to do and not worth a potential delay. We just did ours about one month ago and I remember seeing it on the paperwork or email somewhere about providing proof, and then couldn’t find it again..and then my husband pointed it out. Just can’t recall where it was now. Like someone else said, it wasn’t explicit, but it was implied. Who knows they may have changed since then, but it’s not really worth the risk when all you need to do is include a bank statement or a bill. 

+1, it's definitely needed. I don't know how you're having to apply now (I applied in April, so had to fill in a form, scan it and email it to them with the supporting docs, as the website had been hacked prior to that), but in the form I had to complete it was on the checklist of required supporting documents, and then at the end of the document there was a list of acceptable proofs.

"Proof of your current address. You must provide ONE proof of your current address from the ‘Proof of current address’ list at the end of the application form. Your current address is where you live now and can be outside of the UK. Any proof of address that is not in English must be translated into English. The UK driving licence paper counterpart is not an acceptable proof of address, even if it shows your current address".

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused and stressed so any help would be appreciated. I’m a UK citizen living in Australia at the moment and don’t know what to use as proof of address as I’m living in a hostel and moving around a lot. I have a printed document from my hostel which is signed and headed on company paper but that’s all. My bank statements are addressed to Sydney where i set up my bank account but I don’t live there anymore. Do I need 1 or 2 documents? For some reason I have it in my head that I need 2 documents but I don’t even know where I read that. Failing that I could say my current address is my UK one, but is my driving license valid? Would rather not lie to them but I have no other evidence of my current Australian address. Will try and get in contact but it’s the weekend so any advice from people who got their police check recently would help.

6 hours ago, Krystina123 said:

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused and stressed so any help would be appreciated. I’m a UK citizen living in Australia at the moment and don’t know what to use as proof of address as I’m living in a hostel and moving around a lot. I have a printed document from my hostel which is signed and headed on company paper but that’s all. My bank statements are addressed to Sydney where i set up my bank account but I don’t live there anymore. Do I need 1 or 2 documents? For some reason I have it in my head that I need 2 documents but I don’t even know where I read that. Failing that I could say my current address is my UK one, but is my driving license valid? Would rather not lie to them but I have no other evidence of my current Australian address. Will try and get in contact but it’s the weekend so any advice from people who got their police check recently would help.

Your UK driving licence isn't valid if you're not resident there. Here's the list of acceptable documents from when I applied a couple of months ago, hope it helps - 

Proof of current address

You must provide one acceptable proof of your current address from either of the following lists:

One valid document that shows your name and current address.

Full driving licence/provisional driving licence

ID card from your country of residence

Medical/health Card

Immigration document

OR

One document dated within the last 12 months that shows your name and current address.

Utility bill (this does not include a mobile phone bill)

Bank or building society statement

Credit card statement

Pension letter or statement

Letter from a central, regional or local government department

Letter from an employer on headed paper

Letter from a school, college, or university on headed paper

TV licence

Letter from a bank

Letter from a medical service

Mortgage statement

Council tax bill or polling card

House, motor, travel or health insurance certificate or document

Letter from a solicitor

Formal tenancy agreement or letter from letting agent

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 11:18 AM, BLC said:

Some late updates, I did not provide proof of address, and I got it like in 10 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.