Micam

Documents and Paperwork Needed for ACRO

25 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm hoping someone here has experience with ACRO and can help me. My case just arrived in NVC and I am trying to organise an ACRO police certificate. It's turning out to be quite the process, as due to a cyber security incident their website is down and everything is being processed manually. This means I can't access their FAQ/information on the process!

Does anyone have a copy of the list of documents needed to send off to them? I have already emailed them to request this and to ask how to proceed, but it seems they may take a while to get back to me and I'd really like to be able to send off for this as soon as possible. I am currently just checking I have all the necessary documents ready. I have found an application form from 2014 online but I assume things have been updated since this time.

So far I have at the ready: Driving license, NI card, passport style photo, passport, 2 x proof of address (but they are from over 6 months ago, is this an issue?). I also have a endorser prepared but I am confused at what they have to do - do they fill out/sign a document or do I just note down contact information so they can be contacted if needed? 

Additionally, I assume this can be dealt with via email (and previous cases were done online), as the 2014 version only mentions mailing in. I assume this is outdated now?

Sorry if any of this is super obvious, I have been scouring the web for recent information and it has been hard to come by. I appreciate any help I can get! 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, re the endorser, you just need to add their details. The documents you need are:

1.         Fully completed application form. Ensure all sections are completed in BLOCK CAPITALS and in black ink. Fields that are not applicable should be marked N/A. Original signatures are required throughout.

2.         Proof of your current address. You must provide ONE proof of your current address from the ‘Proof of current address’ list at the end of the application form.  Your current address is where you live now and can be outside of the UK. Any proof of address that is not in English must be translated into English. The UK driving licence paper counterpart is not an acceptable proof of address, even if it shows your current address.

3.         Colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document / other official photographic identity document.

You must provide colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable). Copies of other official photographic identity documents should show as many of these features as possible. We will not accept black and white copies.

4.         ONE recent colour passport style photo (approximately 45mm x 35mm).

4 hours ago, LindaBurke said:

Hi, re the endorser, you just need to add their details. The documents you need are:

1.         Fully completed application form. Ensure all sections are completed in BLOCK CAPITALS and in black ink. Fields that are not applicable should be marked N/A. Original signatures are required throughout.

2.         Proof of your current address. You must provide ONE proof of your current address from the ‘Proof of current address’ list at the end of the application form.  Your current address is where you live now and can be outside of the UK. Any proof of address that is not in English must be translated into English. The UK driving licence paper counterpart is not an acceptable proof of address, even if it shows your current address.

3.         Colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document / other official photographic identity document.

You must provide colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable). Copies of other official photographic identity documents should show as many of these features as possible. We will not accept black and white copies.

4.         ONE recent colour passport style photo (approximately 45mm x 35mm).

Thank you so much for confirming this! 

1 hour ago, Micam said:

Thank you so much for confirming this! 

And just to add, your proof of address must be less than 12 months old, so you're fine to use the ones you've got. I've got the form and notes I can email you if it helps - just ping me a message with your email address. I did mine about a month ago, whilst the website was down, and it was just as efficient despite that. We had our certs back in 4 working days.

Good luck.

On 4/26/2023 at 3:01 PM, appleblossom said:

And just to add, your proof of address must be less than 12 months old, so you're fine to use the ones you've got. I've got the form and notes I can email you if it helps - just ping me a message with your email address. I did mine about a month ago, whilst the website was down, and it was just as efficient despite that. We had our certs back in 4 working days.

Good luck.

Great, thanks for adding this! 

I have just found a number to call them so I am going to try follow up today. If I can't get in touch I will send over my email for those docs, thank you!

6 hours ago, Micam said:

Great, thanks for adding this! 

I have just found a number to call them so I am going to try follow up today. If I can't get in touch I will send over my email for those docs, thank you!

I applied for one last week.

docs needed: passport, one proof of address and passport size photo. Application done via email. Timeframe 15 working days. 
Attached the application form if you need it

Police Certificate Application Form.zip

10 minutes ago, mochon said:

docs needed: passport, one proof of address and passport size photo. Application done via email. Timeframe 15 working days. 

Police Certificate Application Form.zip 106.11 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you! I had just managed to call someone and send it off. I assume you have yet to receive anything back? I was told 10-15 days but I know appleblossom said theirs's only took 4 days. I'm hoping it's not the full 15 days!

3 minutes ago, Micam said:

Thank you! I had just managed to call someone and send it off. I assume you have yet to receive anything back? I was told 10-15 days but I know appleblossom said theirs's only took 4 days. I'm hoping it's not the full 15 days!

I applied on 17th and when ever I call them for updates they say it’s due to leave on the 3rd of may. Looks like exactly 15 working day for me. Hopefully yours will be quicker. 

20 minutes ago, Micam said:

We did pay for priority though, otherwise it would have been the standard timing.

😊

31 minutes ago, mochon said:

I applied on 17th and when ever I call them for updates they say it’s due to leave on the 3rd of may. Looks like exactly 15 working day for me. Hopefully yours will be quicker. 

Fair enough, thanks for letting me know! It'll probably be the same for me. A couple of weeks in the grand scheme of things isn't a huge deal. It just feels so close but yet so far! haha

15 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

We did pay for priority though, otherwise it would have been the standard timing.

😊

Ah gotcha! They didn't have that available when I called, or I would have paid for it :(

On 4/28/2023 at 9:09 AM, mochon said:

Police Certificate Application Form.zip 106.11 kB · 1 download

Hey can you tell me how you paid? We don’t want to mail, would rather email the form back and do it electronically. But it’s not clear how you’re supposed to send payment electronically for it (or maybe it is and we just totally missed that part). Thanks!

1 hour ago, BLC said:

Hey can you tell me how you paid? We don’t want to mail, would rather email the form back and do it electronically. But it’s not clear how you’re supposed to send payment electronically for it (or maybe it is and we just totally missed that part). Thanks!

Hey, I just sent mine off.

It has payment details at the bottom, and also a page where you can tally up the total payment towards the end too.

1 hour ago, Micam said:

Hey, I just sent mine off.

It has payment details at the bottom, and also a page where you can tally up the total payment towards the end too.

Yeah I seem to only see that part down there explaining how to mail a check or cashier’s check. I suppose that is because the form is actually meant for mailing out, not to be emailed back due to some data breach lol 

edit: I found it! You saying that made me reread  the application and there it was, right in front of my face! Page 17 for anyone else who may be wondering. 

Edited by BLC
Additional info

5 hours ago, BLC said:

Yeah I seem to only see that part down there explaining how to mail a check or cashier’s check. I suppose that is because the form is actually meant for mailing out, not to be emailed back due to some data breach lol 

edit: I found it! You saying that made me reread  the application and there it was, right in front of my face! Page 17 for anyone else who may be wondering. 

Yes . You can transfer with reference made up of first 4 letters of surname DOB and First Initials 

I didn't send proof of address as I forgot it as it's not in the checklist.  I'll struggle to wait on the line for long enough to call them.  It says the proof of address needs to go to a customer service email, which is not the same as the application email... should I send a follow up mail to customer service with my proof of address so they can attach it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.