Rosalea

No available appointments at Auckland US consulate

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi all!

I recently got approved to be able to schedule my interview at the Auckland (NZ) US consulate (for a K1 visa). The website has been saying, "there are no appointment slots available" for a few days now, which seems to be a common thing from what I've read. I was wondering if anyone is able to answer any of my many questions!

1. How many available slots are normally added to the system/calendar at a time?
  2. Are new slots added month by month, with the new/next subsequent month added at the end of the current month?
  3. Or will scattered slots just randomly pop up?
  4. OR do I have to just wait and hope that someone else cancels their appointment to be able to get one?

I just hope I don't have to check this website daily for like, over a month, or that a slot will show up but it'll be like, 3 months from now. Surely it can't be that difficult or long-winded!

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated! I know it probably varies a lot, but I'd love some insight! :)

Timeline

hey there rosalea,

I wish I had an answer fo you, but I personally don't. 

I started searching online for people's experience. We too are at the same step in the process, and of course, find it ridiculous that this step is just yet another limbo- lucky win of the draw type thing. We're checking the website morning and night and hoping to see something pop up and im just hoping we don't have to do this, like you said, for months to come!

And when an appt will become available, will it typically be months out from the day it appears on the website? 

Hopefully someone comes along that recently got an appointment and can shed some helpful info.

Until then, at least its good to empathise with someone else going through the visa ringer!

Mimi & Taylor

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/19/2023 at 7:17 PM, Rosalea said:

Hi all!

I recently got approved to be able to schedule my interview at the Auckland (NZ) US consulate (for a K1 visa). The website has been saying, "there are no appointment slots available" for a few days now, which seems to be a common thing from what I've read. I was wondering if anyone is able to answer any of my many questions!

1. How many available slots are normally added to the system/calendar at a time?
  2. Are new slots added month by month, with the new/next subsequent month added at the end of the current month?
  3. Or will scattered slots just randomly pop up?
  4. OR do I have to just wait and hope that someone else cancels their appointment to be able to get one?

I just hope I don't have to check this website daily for like, over a month, or that a slot will show up but it'll be like, 3 months from now. Surely it can't be that difficult or long-winded!

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated! I know it probably varies a lot, but I'd love some insight! :)

Sorry to hear this.. I am waiting to hear from the NVC right now. This is really discouraging to hear. Were you able to get an appointment yet?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, HB & SM said:

Sorry to hear this.. I am waiting to hear from the NVC right now. This is really discouraging to hear. Were you able to get an appointment yet?

I hope you haven't been waiting too long! And yup I did get an appointment which I had last week, thank god!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, just wondering how long you had to wait from the nvc transferring your case to the embassy and did you get a welcome letter? Our petition got approved dec 23 2022 and got a letter on feb 14 2023 from nvc saying the case is being transferred to the consulate in auckland. Its been 4 months now and still havent heard anything.

Timeline
Just now, MaryB17 said:

Hi, just wondering how long you had to wait from the nvc transferring your case to the embassy and did you get a welcome letter? Our petition got approved dec 23 2022 and got a letter on feb 14 2023 from nvc saying the case is being transferred to the consulate in auckland. Its been 4 months now and still havent heard anything.

Hi! I think it took about 2 weeks, and yeah we got a letter! Also wow what the hell?? Have you not received anything from the consulate? They should’ve received your case about a week after the nvc sent it to them. You should email them at aucklandIV@state.gov if you haven’t already! You should’ve been contacted by them like 4 months ago.

Timeline

@MaryB17 i also agree with Rosalea. I think it took about a month for us to hear back, but we sent a few emails to the above email that rosalea quoted to follow up and pester them. I really hope you hear soon. But 4 months sounds like too long for this step, we had some advice from a friend that is a lawyer and she told us if we don’t hear in 4 weeks at this stage, that we should email them. 

Mary- here is a number we called and found some help from

them. If you get someone that is unhelpful just call again and you might get lucky and get a more helpful human. This is the number for the consulate in Auckland… if you call them with your case number and questions prepared, they can help answer some questions. Sometimes the answers around waiting times are very generic but sometimes they can help redirect something if they spot an issue. Call more than once if you get an unhelpful person at first like i said, that’s been hugely helpful to us at least!!

abroad +6493032724

in nz 093032724

Edited by mimi gilb

Timeline

Oh my goodness thank you both sooo much for the info!! I've sent them an email and will try to call them tomorrow also. I have been so stressed from all of this! Our petition was filed in sep 2021 and was only approved dec 2022 and thought I could breathe from then on but boy was I wrong. I really appreciate your replies! Will let you know how I get on 😀 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.