OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

575 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2024 at 3:03 AM, snm2212 said:

Like DOlibash, I am also travelling to Boston in 2 weeks time and only for 4 days. Can I ask them to change the address for GC delivery to some address in Texas (different from port of entry). Currently I gave address of my friend in Boston, but he will be away for 2-3 wekks in May. I am not sure if it will clash the time for GC delivery. So, i want to change address to Texas. Will that be okay?

Yes that's what I did. @snm2212

I asked the officer to update the address. 

Hi All,

Does anyone has experienced longer Administrative process issue recently at London embassy and eventually how much approximate time it could take? We had  our interview in 1st week of Feb 24 but still its under admin process with status still showing as refused. I checked with Embassy last week and they said nothing more is required from our end but this is their internal process.  Now, we are stuck as our passports were kept by Embassy which resulted in loss of lots of Annual leave days for myself and my wife which we kept for some planned holidays during Easter break but eventually wasted as we cant carry forward those to next financial year. 

Shall we ask embassy to return our passports as kids are really frustrated being unable to travel anywhere and perhaps they are right in a way that they don't understand this whole process. Does, this impact visa decision if we request them to return our passports (has anyone done this before and had eventually got Visa later).

Thanking you for your time and feedback.

Kind regards.

On 4/19/2024 at 4:20 AM, SRA_WLS said:

Hi All,

Does anyone has experienced longer Administrative process issue recently at London embassy and eventually how much approximate time it could take? We had  our interview in 1st week of Feb 24 but still its under admin process with status still showing as refused. I checked with Embassy last week and they said nothing more is required from our end but this is their internal process.  Now, we are stuck as our passports were kept by Embassy which resulted in loss of lots of Annual leave days for myself and my wife which we kept for some planned holidays during Easter break but eventually wasted as we cant carry forward those to next financial year. 

Shall we ask embassy to return our passports as kids are really frustrated being unable to travel anywhere and perhaps they are right in a way that they don't understand this whole process. Does, this impact visa decision if we request them to return our passports (has anyone done this before and had eventually got Visa later).

Kind regards.

AP can take days, weeks, months or even a year or more. No way of knowing how long yours will take unfortunately. But you can absolutely ask for your passports to be returned, and it won’t impact the process at all. 

Good luck. 

On 4/19/2024 at 9:20 AM, SRA_WLS said:

Hi All,

Kind regards.

Hello , I am exactly the same issue in which you mentioned above . Your category is Eb2 ? I had my interview in mid of Mar 2024  and my status is Refused  and my passport was kept by embassy . I may need my passport for next month . Could you please tell whether they ask you to complete 5535 form ? If so , when is your last updated ? Is this updated after submission ? 

kind regards 

On 4/19/2024 at 9:20 AM, SRA_WLS said:

Hi All,

Kind regards.

Also , could you please tell how you contact  with embassy in last week to check your case via embassy  ? By  the email we submit the documents Or by phone ? 
many thanks 

1 hour ago, As2024 said:

Hello , I am exactly the same issue in which you mentioned above . Your category is Eb2 ? I had my interview in mid of Mar 2024  and my status is Refused  and my passport was kept by embassy . I may need my passport for next month . Could you please tell whether they ask you to complete 5535 form ? If so , when is your last updated ? Is this updated after submission ? 

kind regards 

are you a UK citizen or did you transfer your case from somewhere else?

I believe your situation is not usually what happens after the interview unfortunately

8 minutes ago, As2024 said:

No , that is normal . Several cases like me have been issued their visa . 

I think @dabursot2 means it's unusual for cases in London to go in to extended AP, additional screening/background checks aren't needed for most applicants. Whereas applicants in high risk countries like Pakistan or Nigeria will be much more likely to be put in to AP. 

With London it's usually triggered by being born in, being a citizen of, or previously living in another high risk country. Or occasionally it'll be the field of work that can be a factor. 

It doesn't mean you won't be issued your visa, it can just take a lot longer whilst those checks are completed. 

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I think @dabursot2 means it's unusual for cases in London to go in to extended AP, additional screening/background checks aren't needed for most applicants. Whereas applicants in high risk countries like Pakistan or Nigeria will be much more likely to be put in to AP. 

With London it's usually triggered by being born in, being a citizen of, or previously living in another high risk country. Or occasionally it'll be the field of work that can be a factor. 

It doesn't mean you won't be issued your visa, it can just take a lot longer whilst those checks are completed. 

I am not agree with you . I am not Uk citizen and this ap is normal about my case  . Other friends with the nationality like me had this process in London and their visa was issued after 4-6 months and now they are in USA . Please do not tell your personal estimation. . If you have a real experience about it , share it . 
thanks , 

9 minutes ago, As2024 said:

I am not agree with you . I am not Uk citizen and this ap is normal about my case  . Other friends with the nationality like me had this process in London and their visa was issued after 4-6 months and now they are in USA . Please do not tell your personal estimation. . If you have a real experience about it , share it . 
thanks , 

So we're in agreement. As I said above, it's rare for those applying via London to be put in to AP, unless they have ties to another high risk country. You've not answered above which country you also have citizenship of, but I assume it's one of the usual MENA/Pakistan/etc.

And there is no way of giving a personal estimation, even if one has been through AP. Everybody's case is different. I've seen people's cases take only a couple of weeks and others take a couple of years. The only thing that can possibly make a difference is the country involved, as some are better than others at coming back to information requests and keeping records.

Edited by appleblossom

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

So we're in agreement. As I said above, it's rare for those applying via London to be put in to AP, unless they have ties to another high risk country. You've not answered above which country you also have citizenship of, but I assume it's one of the usual MENA/Pakistan/etc.

And there is no way of giving a personal estimation, even if one has been through AP. Everybody's case is different. I've seen people's cases take only a couple of weeks and others take a couple of years. The only thing that can possibly make a difference is the country involved, as some are better than others at coming back to information requests and keeping records. FWIW, I did work in immigration for a long times and have done countless background checks on visa applicants myself.

Ok , thanks , please allow that the person who  I asked him/her replied me . I am eager to hear an actual experience , not estimation. Many thanks . 

18 hours ago, appleblossom said:

-

Hi @As2024, well yes,  my visa category was similar to yours and I was asked to wait until admin process is completed, passports are with them which I am now thinking of taking back as its too late and is  effecting any family travel plan or holidays. As mentioned by others, I believe its same background checks they await from their internal different departments and timeframe would vary case to case. We can approach Embassy through Contact Immigrant Visa unit US Embassy London form (there is no direct email ID for general queries), just search in google Contact US Embassy London Immigrant Visa, and you would get the link to the query form. Hope this help, so let me know if you need further info and update yours as well, thanks & regards

18 hours ago, As2024 said:

Ok , thanks , please allow that the person who  I asked him/her replied me . I am eager to hear an actual experience , not estimation. Many thanks . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.