ImigrationME

NBC or Local Office after N 400?

8 posts in this topic

Hi! 

I had my N400 interview. I passed it but decision could not be made because I still had a pending I 751 for more than 1.6 years.

The officer "saw" my I 751 case in their system, he could see all my documents there, but he did not receive the case in his system. He told me that he requested it but no luck yet so he could not approve my N 400.

A few days after the N 400 interview, my I 751 was transferred to another office for processing- status: was transferred to another office for processing..

Then, the next day the status changed again into Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction.

So my case was transferred twice, on 2 consecutive days.

Today I got a letter stating that my case got transferred to NBC. This letter had  the date of the first transfer. 

I also got 2 : fingerprints were taken, after each of the transfers...very odd.

Now, should I expect another letter with the second transfer for the local office or what is the procedure ?

At the end of my N 400 interview, the officer told me that he would approve my I 751 as soon as it gets into his system. It's been a week.

Thank you!

Edited by ImigrationME

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, ImigrationME said:

So my case was transferred twice, on 2 consecutive days.

That is normal to get two notices when cases move from one office to another (we got two notices like that when our case was moved from California Service Center to NBC). 

It is likely your case is moving from a service center through NBC to your local field office. 

Local field offices adjudicate i751 if there is an interview, they may approve it once it reaches there without an interview, or they may call you and your spouse for a joint interview.  

You will just need to wait and see what happens.

The most likely location with jurisdiction is your local USACIS field office they would be one to contact if you were attempting to reach out to USCIS. 

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

10 minutes ago, da95826 said:

That is normal to get two notices when cases move from one office to another (we got two notices like that when our case was moved from California Service Center to NBC). 

It is likely your case is moving from a service center through NBC to your local field office. 

Local field offices adjudicate i751 if there is an interview, they may approve it once it reaches there without an interview, or they may call you and your spouse for a joint interview.  

You will just need to wait and see what happens.

The most likely location with jurisdiction is your local USACIS field office they would be one to contact if you were attempting to reach out to USCIS. 

I will let you know what happens. That's what the officer said too, that he requested and still waiting for the i 751 to arrive locally. When you send your I 751, the Service Center makes online copies of all of your documents.

Hi all,

Today, I got 4 message from USCIS in my Case History files :

1" We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

2 Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.

3 We cancelled the scheduled appointment for the oath ceremony for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.

4 Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

In my Case Status I have

"We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow etc..."

Is it normal to have 4 messages in one day?

Will I see the date of the oath online too ? 

It is a little confusing...

Thank you!

@ImigrationME yes, that's normal. Somebody at USCIS might have clicked buttons randomly while reviewing your case. Each of those clicks updated the status.

I think you should rely on next notice of action letter that comes to you. It's likely going to be oath invitation. 

Edited by OldUser

Just now, OldUser said:

@ImigrationME yes, that's normal. Somebody at USCIS might have clicked buttons randomly while reviewing your case.

I think you should rely on next notice of action letter that comes to you. It's likely going to be oath invitation. 

Do you think it will be posted online too, under the "My documents" section ? How was your case if u went through ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.