19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Does anyone has experience with filing 601 in Frankfurt. I have so many questions. Tank you

USCIS

03.21.07 I-130send to CSC

03.29.07 NOA 1

07.11.07 NOA 2

NVC

08.07.07 received case number

08.18.07 I-864 fee bill generated

08.31.07 I-864 payment send

09.11.07 NVC accepted I-864 payment

09.17.07 IV fee bill and I-864 generated

11.12.07 lawyer send out documents to NVC

12.22.07 NVC issued RFE on 230

01.02.07 requested paper back to NVC

01.14.07 RFE in system

01.24.08 case complet

Embassy

03.18.08 Interview in Frankfurt (submitted I-601 and I-212 )

06.17.08 received e-mail that case has been approved

06.24.08 Passport with Visa in Mailbox

06.25.08 Enter USA --LA

07.20.08 Permanent Resident Card in Mailbox

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Does anyone has experience with filing 601 in Frankfurt. I have so many questions. Tank you

www.immigrate2us.net -- check the 601 forum.

Edited by kitkat1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have questions too, and while I have really looked through the immigrate2us site, there isn't that much on frankfurt. Anyone? Experience?

B

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have questions too, and while I have really looked through the immigrate2us site, there isn't that much on frankfurt. Anyone? Experience?

B

I would check again - there are definitely people who have been through Frankfurt but they may no longer be active. But there is a spreadsheet with information on when they filed their waiver and when they received their approval or denial, so that will help with understanding timing and maybe even approval rates. If you post a question asking for it, someone will provide it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

B

I would check again - there are definitely people who have been through Frankfurt but they may no longer be active. But there is a spreadsheet with information on when they filed their waiver and when they received their approval or denial, so that will help with understanding timing and maybe even approval rates. If you post a question asking for it, someone will provide it for you.

I do see more information than the last time I was in there, thanks.

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: Timeline

Frankfurt has been one of the best to file a waiver, first because they are fairly quick in adjudication average 4-6 weeks and because they are pretty fair. It still requires a well prepared and documented application package, but their approval rate is fairly high, based on the postings I have seen.

The one denial that I recall had more to do with the fact that the ban was less than a year from being over. It was denied as not enough hardship and statement something to the effect that they could wait out the ban. I believe this was butterfly.

Unfortunately, most of the history of immigrate2us.net was lost when the database crashed and there was no good backup.

If you post a message there though, you may get some good response from those who have gone thru Frankfurt in the past.

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Filed: Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

We emailed Frankfurt today regarding our I-601 waiver that was sent to their office from Vienna, Austria on June 12, 2007 (due to backlog and faster processing time in Frankfurt). Frankfurt sent an email back to us stating they received our waiver and that it would be adjudicated within the next 60-90 days. Does this seem right to anyone? Everything that we have read online says they are fast to process thier waivers and have a good approval record. Please help, we were hoping my husband would be able to go to the states with us by the end of August 2007. We see no reason why they would deny the waiver. We have proven extreme hardship by letters from ourselves, our lawyer, friends, family and doctors. Also, my husband only had a 3 year bar and that has already passed. He also has no criminal record, just overstayed less than a year and work illegaly.

Also, we posted on immigrate2us regarding this matter and are awaiting messages. Where can we find the spreadsheet on the processing times for those people that have gone through Frankfurt. Thanks!

If your ban was for overstay only and it has expired already, why did you need to file for a waiver?

We emailed Frankfurt today regarding our I-601 waiver that was sent to their office from Vienna, Austria on June 12, 2007 (due to backlog and faster processing time in Frankfurt). Frankfurt sent an email back to us stating they received our waiver and that it would be adjudicated within the next 60-90 days. Does this seem right to anyone? Everything that we have read online says they are fast to process thier waivers and have a good approval record. Please help, we were hoping my husband would be able to go to the states with us by the end of August 2007. We see no reason why they would deny the waiver. We have proven extreme hardship by letters from ourselves, our lawyer, friends, family and doctors. Also, my husband only had a 3 year bar and that has already passed. He also has no criminal record, just overstayed less than a year and work illegaly.

Also, we posted on immigrate2us regarding this matter and are awaiting messages. Where can we find the spreadsheet on the processing times for those people that have gone through Frankfurt. Thanks!

Timeline
If your ban was for overstay only and it has expired already, why did you need to file for a waiver?

Not exactly sure why he needed to file for the waiver. He did overstay over a year but with his circumstances around that overstay he technically didn't overstay a year. At the time of our interview we didn't have the exact paper to prove this and emailed it to them that same day (not sure they received it). The girl at the Embassy in Prague did look at it as he if he didn't overstay a year and said his case was for a 3-year bar. The way she worded it, it sounded like we would need to file the waiver anyways because he did overstay and work illegally (didn't matter for how long of time he was in the States). Anyway, we can't change that now and have to wait for this waiver to be approved.

Timeline

hello Kitkat, I cannot open immigrate2us anymore But I have another question, maybe you can help me...I just hat the I-130 approval and the paper goes now or is already by the NVC---my lawyer has to make the request for consent to reapply, so that I dont face the 5 year bar anymore that came from being deported.They do it in the Staate where I was living. What is it what he is talking about an AOS , I am looking for the short word so that I can search here for identical cases, like how long it will take , or where the paper is going to, will it stay at the NVC or is it going to frankfurt.... maybe you or somebody else has an idea...Thanks a lot

USCIS

03.29.07 NOA 1

07.11.07 NOA 2

NVC

01.14.07 RFE in system

01.24.08 case complet

Embassy

06.25.08 Enter USA --LA

Timeline

hello Kitkat, I cannot open immigrate2us anymore But I have another question, maybe you can help me...I just hat the I-130 approval and the paper goes now or is already by the NVC---my lawyer has to make the request for consent to reapply, so that I dont face the 5 year bar anymore that came from being deported.They do it in the Staate where I was living. What is it what he is talking about an AOS , I am looking for the short word so that I can search here for identical cases, like how long it will take , or where the paper is going to, will it stay at the NVC or is it going to frankfurt.... maybe you or somebody else has an idea...Thanks a lot

I don't understand exactly what you are asking for, but if I were you, I would talk to your lawyer about sending the stuff to Frankfurt rather than NVC. Frankfurt would be much faster with processing your case than NVC.

Timeline

I wrote a message to Kitkat, but maybe she could not find it.Maybe somebody can help me. Our I-130 was approved on July 11. My lawyer has to request now for consent to reapply, so that I dont face the 5 year bar from deportation anymore. For the consent to reapply, is there a short word, like for all the other things what you file for--like 601, or AOS... I dont even know, if my case stays at the NVC or is going right away to Frankfurt... we definitly have to file the 601. Thanks and good luck to all

USCIS

03.29.07 NOA 1

07.11.07 NOA 2

NVC

01.14.07 RFE in system

01.24.08 case complet

Embassy

06.25.08 Enter USA --LA

Timeline

I don't understand exactly what you are asking for, but if I were you, I would talk to your lawyer about sending the stuff to Frankfurt rather than NVC. Frankfurt would be much faster with processing your case than NVC.

my approved I-130 is right now by the NVC and from there it goes to Frankfurt, thats the way I understand.., I have a lawyer and he must put in this request the consent to reapply..that has to be done in the State where I was deported from....now I have the 5 year bar from being deported. My question is does anybody knows a different word for consent to reapply so that I can search for a timeline or so. thanks you

USCIS

03.29.07 NOA 1

07.11.07 NOA 2

NVC

01.14.07 RFE in system

01.24.08 case complet

Embassy

06.25.08 Enter USA --LA

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I am searching here around, and cannot find what I am locking for. So now I am here again. Has somebody experience with the Frankfurt timeline, like how long will it take to get an appointment for the interview. And who has filed 601 and is waiting or approved already. Our case is still by NVC but slowly moving forward ...Thanks to all

USCIS

03.29.07 NOA 1

07.11.07 NOA 2

NVC

01.14.07 RFE in system

01.24.08 case complet

Embassy

06.25.08 Enter USA --LA

I believe you are talking about a form I-212. This form is a consent to return to the US after a deportation. It is generally filed with the I601 at the embassy where you are denied your visa, not in the state you are deported from. The same supporting evidence can be included with the I-212 as for the I-601. Some embassies make you pay the separate fee for the 212 and others you only have to pay one fee for both. So be prepared if you will file them at the interview to have the extra money in case. They will tell you at the visa interview what you need and are eligible to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.