mrmonk7663

Time from DQ to IL Casablanca Morocco

61 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kubda89 said:

So happy for you congrats!! So about 9 weeks from DQ => IL, not so bad relatively speaking. I'm 1 month behind you so hopefully a few more weeks for me.

When is your interview date?

Also as I'm sure you know, medical exams in Morocco are on a 1-2 month delay, be sure to call/email everyday or even visit Casa if you can to secure an appointment. Please keep us posted on your progress/timelines as we are all curious!

Insha’allah, just be patient and don’t think much about it. 

My interview is on June 27th. I emailed the three doctors today, tried calling but the lines were busy. I’ll try and call first thing in the morning tomorrow. I read that someone said that one of the doctors (El Fihri I believe) is on vacation so the backlog is huge.

Don’t worry, I’ll keep you guys updated! Good luck everyone!

31 minutes ago, Em25 said:

My interview is on June 27th. I emailed the three doctors today, tried calling but the lines were busy. I’ll try and call first thing in the morning tomorrow. I read that someone said that one of the doctors (El Fihri I believe) is on vacation so the backlog is huge.

Yep you know what to do!

I'm surprised there's more than a 2 month gap between the IL and interview date.. everything I've read about not just Morocco, but other countries the gap is usually only 4-5 weeks.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, kubda89 said:

Yep you know what to do!

I'm surprised there's more than a 2 month gap between the IL and interview date.. everything I've read about not just Morocco, but other countries the gap is usually only 4-5 weeks.

Not all the countries lol! I believe the casa consulate have a lot of DV visas to process (lots of winners every year). 

Have you seen Islamabad’s embassy? Backlog is 22-24 months, they are currently processing cases DQ June 2021 and earlier. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Em25 said:

Don't rely on email, and try to call them around 1pm local time. At that time, they are done with candidates and only wait for lab results and X-rays.

If you are from Casa, you can ask them to call you if they have a cancelation

Try to get the medical done before the interview, so that the application is completed the day of the interview.

Casablanca Consulate tend to delay application not closed on the same day (delays vary depending on the case)

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
14 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Don't rely on email, and try to call them around 1pm local time. At that time, they are done with candidates and only wait for lab results and X-rays.

If you are from Casa, you can ask them to call you if they have a cancelation

Try to get the medical done before the interview, so that the application is completed the day of the interview.

Casablanca Consulate tend to delay application not closed on the same day (delays vary depending on the case)

I’ve been calling since 10 am, lines are always busy. I was finally able to get Dr Berrada’s secretary on the phone, she offered us an appointment in mid July and asked me to try and contact Dr Janah because he might be able to give us an appointment in June. 

Sadly I don’t live in Casa but I’ll ask a family member to go to their offices after Eid. All offices will close starting from tomorrow and until Tuesday. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Em25 said:

I’ve been calling since 10 am, lines are always busy. I was finally able to get Dr Berrada’s secretary on the phone, she offered us an appointment in mid July and asked me to try and contact Dr Janah because he might be able to give us an appointment in June. 

Sadly I don’t live in Casa but I’ll ask a family member to go to their offices after Eid. All offices will close starting from tomorrow and until Tuesday. 

They will not talk to your family member, because they are not the involved party.

Try to go yourself to take care of your business. No matter what the difficulties are, it is worth doing. Go see the doctors and "beg" them if you have to. Try your best to get the medical done before the interview

The stress of waiting for the consulate the pick up the file after they put it to the side for something missing (like medical or any other documents) is painful. More painful than waiting for them to schedule the interview.

I am speaking from experience here

Timeline
10 minutes ago, etrangais said:

They will not talk to your family member, because they are not the involved party.

Try to go yourself to take care of your business. No matter what the difficulties are, it is worth doing. Go see the doctors and "beg" them if you have to. Try your best to get the medical done before the interview

The stress of waiting for the consulate the pick up the file after they put it to the side for something missing (like medical or any other documents) is painful. More painful than waiting for them to schedule the interview.

I am speaking from experience here

Alhamdulilah I just tried now again and got an appointment with Dr El Fihri and it’s before the interview. 

You were right about calling them around 1-2 pm. Thanks for the advice. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Em25 said:

Alhamdulilah I just tried now again and got an appointment with Dr El Fihri and it’s before the interview. 

Very good and congratulations.

Very happy for you. Hopefully, all will go well

Please say a prayer for us. We have been waiting for a year now after the interview and still nothing

Timeline
15 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Very good and congratulations.

Very happy for you. Hopefully, all will go well

Please say a prayer for us. We have been waiting for a year now after the interview and still nothing

I’ll keep you in my dua. May we all find success and be reunited with our spouses very soon.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Em25 said:

I’ll keep you in my dua. May we all find success and be reunited with our spouses very soon.

Thank you so much

10 hours ago, Em25 said:

What did they ask for when you asked to schedule an exam?

Keeping you all in my dua also!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, kubda89 said:

What did they ask for when you asked to schedule an exam?

Keeping you all in my dua also!!

She asked for my case number, my visa category and interview date and confirmed my first and last name with what they had in their system. She suggested a date and since it’s before my interview I went for it.

I asked how much they charge and what I should bring with me she said 3000dh and to bring the passport, DS 260, and covid vaccination card. 

Our exchange was merely 1 minute. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Em25 said:

She asked for my case number, my visa category and interview date and confirmed my first and last name with what they had in their system. She suggested a date and since it’s before my interview I went for it.

I asked how much they charge and what I should bring with me she said 3000dh and to bring the passport, DS 260, and covid vaccination card. 

Our exchange was merely 1 minute. 

Don't forget pictures: 2 profile pictures ( 5X5 )

Does anybody know how long it takes for the physicians to send the medical exam to the consulate? What if your exam is only a few days before the interview? Would it be enough time for the consulate to receive it in order to process your visa? I know @etrangais has been stuck in processing after sending docs to the consulate so I'm curious on how long it may take the consulate to process a visa if they get your medical after the interview date.

Timeline

When my wife did her medical, they sent it to the consulate the same day. 

If the medical is the only thing missing after the interview, the consulate processes applications pretty quick, should get the passport back with the visa in couple of weeks.

But, if the delay is for other documents, the process could take longer

But again, every case is different, it is not a one size fits all

Good luck to all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.