cleverkat

I-751 has been pending for over five years!

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I think you should calm down just a little....you're confusing yourself. Maybe they are saying that the N-400 is pending. You need to make sure that you clearly understand what is going on.

N-400 is also pending, taht`s clear, I know that. Nothing says "approved" on I-751, just "granted". I don`t know what to do ... And how can I clearly understand on what`s going on if I get different story every time from different people? I`d like to understand it clearly if i knew who was telling me the truth with correct definition.

Edited by cleverkat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was granted by that officer on July 12?

Call her back and tell her you need her to explain to you exactly what the status is -- just tell her your English isn't 100% and she needs to speak clearly and explain very clearly.

Ok, here`s what`s in that letter from "Congressman" (I guess from that assistant of his):

" Response provided by SDAO...on 7/12/07. The I-751 was granted and the N-400 application requested from TSC"

I don`t understand a thing, and I am not sure if that congresswoman either

It sounds like the local office is about to begin work on the Naturalisation submission and has asked the Service Center for it.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Ok, here`s what`s in that letter from "Congressman" (I guess from that assistant of his):

" Response provided by SDAO...on 7/12/07. The I-751 was granted and the N-400 application requested from TSC"

It sounds like the local office is about to begin work on the Naturalisation submission and has asked the Service Center for it.

I got that, too, but I am not clear on I-751. If anyone knows what word "granted" mean in that letter, I`d appreciate clearifying it.

In my understanding, it means "approved", but I am not sure anymore.

I just called Senator office to check on my case (I faxed the form on Monday and haven`t called them after). The guy kinda lectured me that I asked several congressional offices to help, and gave me the same answer that the Congressman got with that "granted" word. So, I asked the guy what does "granted" mean, and he asked me back "You don`t know what "granted" means?" He couldn`t tell me either :unsure:

I got that, too, but I am not clear on I-751. If anyone knows what word "granted" mean in that letter, I`d appreciate clearifying it.

In my understanding, it means "approved", but I am not sure anymore.

I just called Senator office to check on my case (I faxed the form on Monday and haven`t called them after). The guy kinda lectured me that I asked several congressional offices to help, and gave me the same answer that the Congressman got with that "granted" word. So, I asked the guy what does "granted" mean, and he asked me back "You don`t know what "granted" means?" He couldn`t tell me either :unsure:

Well, if properly used it would suggest that it has been approved, but why hang all of your hopes on one word, and/or an individual's choice of it? What's more enlightening to me is that a request for your N400 has been made.

"diaddie mermaid"

Well, if properly used it would suggest that it has been approved, but why hang all of your hopes on one word, and/or an individual's choice of it? What's more enlightening to me is that a request for your N400 has been made.

So, does it mean that I just have to worry (or prepare) for the test and also be prepared for a wait for fingerprints result? Does it mean that I-751 will be adjusted (if not yet) at the interview/test?

Thank you ;-)

So, does it mean that I just have to worry (or prepare) for the test and also be prepared for a wait for fingerprints result? Does it mean that I-751 will be adjusted (if not yet) at the interview/test?

Thank you ;-)

Regardless of what you or I or anyone speculates could be the reasoning for the words chosen, you should prepare for the next step. There could be two scenarios that I could imagine that would cause the LDO to request the N400 application. One would be to process and schedule the Naturalisation interview (because the I-751 has been approved, or will be approved prior to the interview). The second would be to review/reject the N400 on the grounds that there is no basis for eligibility. As you can see one has a good outcome, the other doesn't. If I were to guess, I'd be inclined to say it is the former, but then I did not see your file and don't know the background details. Why speculate? Just relax. You'll find out in due time.

"diaddie mermaid"

Ok, from correspondence with an officer, word "granted" means "approved". :thumbs:

"According to our records your I-751 application was granted on 7/../2007 and the approval notice was mailed to you on 7/same day/2007 to the following address:..." I haven`t received any letter yet :(

Yikes cleverkat, it's only been a couple of days! Do you really think that USCIS runs out to the post office with each letter? Now live up to your moniker, eh and be a cleverkat. OK? :lol:

"diaddie mermaid"

Yikes cleverkat, it's only been a couple of days! Do you really think that USCIS runs out to the post office with each letter? Now live up to your moniker, eh and be a cleverkat. OK? :lol:

LOL :lol: It`s been not a couple of days, it`s been almost three weeks plus over five years of wait, so yes, I think they should hurry :devil: Of course, the most importanly, I am IR-6 now, and I can slowly get back with my life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.