JojoandTomas

NOVEMBER 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

97 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, EdwinShinobi said:

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say I received my Case number today.

Hopefully it reaches the consulate soon.

Wow! NVC received my case on January 6 with a noa2 of November 28. Hopefully I'll get my case number soon. Seems as though they've sped up as they updated their site yesterday to say they're working on cases that were received on December 13, and your case was received on December 30. 

4 hours ago, AndyMG21 said:

Hey everyone,

I received my NVC case number via email. My case number says "In Transit" when logged into an Immigration Tracking app.

I still do not have an Invoice ID, I am assuming I'll receive one later, correct? Also, can we start filling/applying for the DS-160?

Thank you!

What is your NOA2 ? 

5 hours ago, AndyMG21 said:

Hey everyone,

I received my NVC case number via email. My case number says "In Transit" when logged into an Immigration Tracking app.

I still do not have an Invoice ID, I am assuming I'll receive one later, correct? Also, can we start filling/applying for the DS-160?

Thank you!

Did you ask for the Invoice ID through that inquiry form? I got mine on january 19 together with my case number, but I did ask for both.

My fiance got an e-mail today saying our case was sent to the consulate, but I couldn't see anything on the ceac page. How did you find out yours is in transit? I probably did something wrong 😅

5 hours ago, AneB said:

Did you ask for the Invoice ID through that inquiry form? I got mine on january 19 together with my case number, but I did ask for both.

My fiance got an e-mail today saying our case was sent to the consulate, but I couldn't see anything on the ceac page. How did you find out yours is in transit? I probably did something wrong 😅

Hi,

Just curious to know how did your fiance get an email since I don't recall they asked on Form I-129F for petitioners email address and am interested in setting that up if its possible.

What is the Invoice ID number used for? Do you need it to log in to CEAC?

Did you get a letter in the mail when NVC created your case number or did they send it to you through email only?

Thanks

3 hours ago, AndyMG21 said:

I did not ask for an invoice ID, no. It does not seem like I need one right now though!.

You can find if it is in transit by checking the status using your NVC case number.

Hi,

Do you know who gets notified the petitioner, the beneficiary or both when the case is received by the embassy and how do they get notified by email or mail? The reason why I am asking is because I only recall them asking for the petitioners email address in Form I-129F.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, LA1234 said:

Hi,

Just curious to know how did your fiance get an email since I don't recall they asked on Form I-129F for beneficiaries email address and am interested in setting that up if its possible.

Did you get a letter in the mail when NVC created your case number or did they send it to you through email only?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, LA1234 said:

Hi,

Do you know who gets notified the petitioner, the beneficiary or both when the case is received by the embassy and how do they get notified by email or mail? The reason why I am asking is because I only recall them asking for the petitioners email address in Form I-129F.

Thanks

Sorry I meant beneficiary not petitioner for Form I-129F email address.

5 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Hi,

Thanks

Only I (the petitioner) received an email, my beneficiary didn't, which is weird because the letter that I received was addressed to my fiance (the beneficiary).

11 hours ago, AndyMG21 said:

I did not ask for an invoice ID, no. It does not seem like I need one right now though!.

You can find if it is in transit by checking the status using your NVC case number.

Thank you for responding 😊

So, I tried to do that, but it only shows that I need to fille the ds-160. That's why I think I did something wrong hahahah it also did ask for the Invoice ID for login.....

Can you give me the link of where you did your login? I think I did on the wrong place 😅

8 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Hi,

Just curious to know how did your fiance get an email since I don't recall they asked on Form I-129F for petitioners email address and am interested in setting that up if its possible.

Thanks

Hi!

I think they did ask for his e-mail on the I-129F, but I'm not even sure anymore, we did it soooooo long ago hahahah

But we both did some inquiries to NVC while waiting for the case number, so maybe that's how they have it.

We didn't get any physical letter from NVC yet.

Edited by AneB

8 hours ago, LA1234 said:

Sorry I meant beneficiary not petitioner for Form I-129F email address.

Ohhh, sorry, I only saw this post now hahah

I am the beneficiary, and no, I don't think they asked for my e-mail on I-129F. My fiance is the petitoner, he got the e-mail from NVC, but it was addressed to me, as someone else mentiined above. Same thing.

I still don't know who's gonna get contacted by the consulate, we're still waiting for this part. I'll post here when it happens, ok? 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.