Kez/JWolf

Strange thing about locked threads

274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Why are skins so thin here that people feel the need to tattle about anyone who says something against them or even just disagrees with them? I've owned several message boards, been a member on a lot more, and I have NEVER seen so much whining, tattling, and finger-pointing as I have here.

Because the way we are told to let admin know that someone is getting out of control is by PM or the "Report" button?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Why are skins so thin here that people feel the need to tattle about anyone who says something against them or even just disagrees with them? I've owned several message boards, been a member on a lot more, and I have NEVER seen so much whining, tattling, and finger-pointing as I have here.

If we're that vile to be around, why the hell are you here? Mags is a big girl - not to mention smart and capable - which is why I'm quite sure she can handle herself without your 'help'. And we get it, you detest Dev. You think we're all whiners and tattlers. You enjoy stomping around here and being an arsehole. Etc. and so forth. Duly noted. :thumbs:

I can't speak for anyone else in this thread, but I did not contribute to it to pick on or attack the mods. (I think they have a thankless, difficult job.) I am trying to come up with feasible solutions to the issues at hand. I'm sure that won't stop you from stomping on me, but now that I know your M.O., I'll be sure not to take it personally. :)

And if this now makes me one of the whiners/tattlers, then yay for me! :D:D

Hell Tracy, I LIKE you. Part of that preferential treatment.... I won't stomp on you.

The ONLY reason I posted to this thread was because I can only take so much before I have to say what's on my mind.

Oh. AND I quit smoking Sunday.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! *claps* :thumbs:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If we're that vile to be around, why the hell are you here? Mags is a big girl - not to mention smart and capable - which is why I'm quite sure she can handle herself without your 'help'.

I just want to clarify that even though PlatyPius is my husband, his posts do NOT necessarily reflect my views. He is his own person; I am am not swayed from my own POV by him and nor him by me.

Thank you.

If we're that vile to be around, why the hell are you here? Mags is a big girl - not to mention smart and capable - which is why I'm quite sure she can handle herself without your 'help'.

I just want to clarify that even though PlatyPius is my husband, his posts do NOT necessarily reflect my views. He is his own person; I am am not swayed from my own POV by him and nor him by me.

Thank you.

I know that, mags. I have appreciated your input in this thread SO much.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Personally Mags has been there for me anytime i send her a message and has always replied whatever the issue is ... :thumbs: good job

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Timeline
Hey all -- should we close this topic and restart under a new title to keep things more clear. Just wanted to see how I can assist in organizing the topic / discussion. :) Let me know!

Captain,

The things I personally would like to ask about are:

How can a member continuously attack people (either personally or through blatantly racist and openly offensive comments); be reported more than half a dozen times (I've done this), and be able to continue posting? And NO, I am not talking about H_A Captain, since you know who is the person I have reported on most occasions over the same issue.

VJ is part of our day-to-day lives, not just "another message board". We come here to find help with a process that is life altering.- And personally, I think there should be no place for allowing our racist selves to come up and bash people we know nothing about (talking about "race" here, no one in particular). Launching a campaign against Mexicans, Filipinos, Russians, Germans, Cubans or any other ethnicity in a site full of people whose loved ones come from those countries and are going through hell to be together as a family is beyond inconsiderate or political correctness, it is quite infuriating :no: - where's our understanding? Our compassion? Our willingness to help?

My .02, as a member of VJ who is here to help and be helped.

Peace all, L. :goofy:

p.s. I will be PMing Ewok and other Mods exactly this post.- hope I get a response.

Hey all -- should we close this topic and restart under a new title to keep things more clear. Just wanted to see how I can assist in organizing the topic / discussion. :) Let me know!

Captain,

The things I personally would like to ask about are:

How can a member continuously attack people (either personally or through blatantly racist and openly offensive comments); be reported more than half a dozen times (I've done this), and be able to continue posting? And NO, I am not talking about H_A Captain, since you know who is the person I have reported on most occasions over the same issue.

VJ is part of our day-to-day lives, not just "another message board". We come here to find help with a process that is life altering.- And personally, I think there should be no place for allowing our racist selves to come up and bash people we know nothing about (talking about "race" here, no one in particular). Launching a campaign against Mexicans, Filipinos, Russians, Germans, Cubans or any other ethnicity in a site full of people whose loved ones come from those countries and are going through hell to be together as a family is beyond inconsiderate or political correctness, it is quite infuriating :no: - where's our understanding? Our compassion? Our willingness to help?

My .02, as a member of VJ who is here to help and be helped.

Peace all, L. :goofy:

p.s. I will be PMing Ewok and other Mods exactly this post.- hope I get a response.

Grr I typed a big long essay and it's gone! (my error, not the invisibility elf)

OK I've hesitated on having any input on this thread for the last 2 days, following my warning for thinly veiled opinions and piggybacking on others comments. I don't see how I can comment without piggybacking and thinly veiled opinions seem to be running rampant in this thread.

There are 2 camps in the VJ UK forum. This isn't going to go away overnight, but really does need to go away as it's causing a really bad atmosphere. I would think out of everyone, the mods would be the people who would want this resolved as quickly as possible. The people complaining are not asking for an eternity of a$$ kissing and apologies, they're asking for acknowledgement. That's all. Acknowledgement that their complaints through the proper channels are not falling on deaf ears because of who they are. You don't have to name names, publicly humiliate or flog someone. I once complained about a mod and got the response from Ewok "read the thread, totally agree with you, I'll PM them now". That's all it took. I was happy my complaint/query had been dealt with in the right way and this person would heed the warning given to them.

As for members being rated on their valuability to VJ, damn right! If someone who doesn't or hasn't been through the visa process and only posts in OT is complaining about a member who supplies countless posts on visa problems and answers the poster efficiently and correctly, who is the more deserving to be here? I know personally that some of the people in this thread alone helped me immensely on my journey, and if it wasn't for them I would have been heavily medicated by now.

Now let's take this thread for instance. PlatyPius comes in and calls Dev names. Outright. No thinly veiled opinions, no code, nothing. I would like to think Mags has said something to him face to face. Do I know that's happened? no. If I ask, will Mags tell me? no. So therein lies the frustration. All Mags says is a disclaimer that her husband can call people names and she doesn't necessarily agree with him. This is just so wrong in my opinion. If it had been me who had called Dev names, I would have been reported, possibly PM'd and a warning would be in the thread to avoid personal attacks.

Also just for the record.. it really doesn't look too professional or fill people with confidence when even a Mod's husband admits to only being here to be an a$$hole.

Just my views. I don't have diseases and I'm not suffering from any withdrawals of anything, so this is me rationally saying what I think, no excuses.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Timeline
The people complaining are not asking for an eternity of a$$ kissing and apologies, they're asking for acknowledgement. That's all. Acknowledgement that their complaints through the proper channels are not falling on deaf ears because of who they are. You don't have to name names, publicly humiliate or flog someone. I once complained about a mod and got the response from Ewok "read the thread, totally agree with you, I'll PM them now". That's all it took. I was happy my complaint/query had been dealt with in the right way and this person would heed the warning given to them.

If someone PMs me requesting I look into something, or they complain about someone, I DO acknowledge them and make it obvious that I am taking some action. You haven't, to my knowledge, complained to me directly so you do not know how I respond in PMs. Try it one day, you might be pleasantly surprised! B)

Now let's take this thread for instance. PlatyPius comes in and calls Dev names. Outright. No thinly veiled opinions, no code, nothing. I would like to think Mags has said something to him face to face. Do I know that's happened? no. If I ask, will Mags tell me? no. So therein lies the frustration. All Mags says is a disclaimer that her husband can call people names and she doesn't necessarily agree with him. This is just so wrong in my opinion. If it had been me who had called Dev names, I would have been reported, possibly PM'd and a warning would be in the thread to avoid personal attacks.

Also just for the record.. it really doesn't look too professional or fill people with confidence when even a Mod's husband admits to only being here to be an a$$hole.

My disclaimer was not condoning PlatyPius' behaviour nor agreeing with it; I thought I made that perfectly clear. I'll clarify again that my husband is his own person and NO special treatment is applied in his case regarding warnings and bans either. If he crosses the line I will have no hesitation in carrying out any actions. I'd prefer it if people could please see us as two separate entities and not just use it as another chance to have a go at me.

I have done all I can in this thread. I've stated that I will bring up many of the suggestions put forward here with the mods and the Captain; until then my hands are tied and there is nothing more that I can add.

I have done all I can in this thread. I've stated that I will bring up many of the suggestions put forward here with the mods and the Captain

Please know we have already started discussion on suggestions we received in this thread. There is no way to immediately implement any kind of change, but know we are doing our best to create the balance you are asking for. Of course we want the atmosphere to be positive, we wouldn't want for any less and are doing what we can to possibly add some of your ideas into our M.O.

Filed: Other Timeline
As for members being rated on their valuability to VJ, damn right! If someone who doesn't or hasn't been through the visa process and only posts in OT is complaining about a member who supplies countless posts on visa problems and answers the poster efficiently and correctly, who is the more deserving to be here? I know personally that some of the people in this thread alone helped me immensely on my journey, and if it wasn't for them I would have been heavily medicated by now.

That's a good point, but.....but being a contributing member doesn't give that member the right to act like a duma$$.

Maybe because I'm NOT in Admin I can't see why we have all these problems - to me the solution seems SO simple.

Somebody types something crappy and they hit send. It then becomes a part of the forum. It's there and it's permanent for anybody to see. I realize that post tone and intent sometimes get mixed - but normally those issues get sorted.

I just for the life of me cannot understand why when the written record is there - why is it so hard to define what the poster meant?

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck it probably is a duck. I think most of us can pretty clearly discern which ducks are $hitting all over this community.

The people complaining are not asking for an eternity of a$$ kissing and apologies, they're asking for acknowledgement. That's all. Acknowledgement that their complaints through the proper channels are not falling on deaf ears because of who they are. You don't have to name names, publicly humiliate or flog someone. I once complained about a mod and got the response from Ewok "read the thread, totally agree with you, I'll PM them now". That's all it took. I was happy my complaint/query had been dealt with in the right way and this person would heed the warning given to them.

If someone PMs me requesting I look into something, or they complain about someone, I DO acknowledge them and make it obvious that I am taking some action. You haven't, to my knowledge, complained to me directly so you do not know how I respond in PMs. Try it one day, you might be pleasantly surprised! B)

I wasn't directing this at you personally. Lower the defense mechanisms! I know in the past, people have complained about members and have not received any acknowledgement is all. I was simply saying that in MY opinion, this is where communication breaks down and problems arise. But for the record, I did ask you during PM's last week if HA would be receiving any kind of warning (as I did) for her comments, and was told you cannot discuss that with me. Maybe because I'm not report happy on people and didn't press the button. Presumption on my part that my direct question would be obvious.

My disclaimer was not condoning PlatyPius' behaviour nor agreeing with it; I thought I made that perfectly clear. I'll clarify again that my husband is his own person and NO special treatment is applied in his case regarding warnings and bans either. If he crosses the line I will have no hesitation in carrying out any actions. I'd prefer it if people could please see us as two separate entities and not just use it as another chance to have a go at me.

I have done all I can in this thread. I've stated that I will bring up many of the suggestions put forward here with the mods and the Captain; until then my hands are tied and there is nothing more that I can add.

Yes you did make that clear in your disclaimer, however, and again, this is an opinion on taking VJ forward, I think it would have been a lot more pro active for you to have asked him in the forum to stop the personal attacks. This has been done in the past. Consistency is the key.

Edited by cheeky^Wolf

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Timeline
Yes you did make that clear in your disclaimer, however, and again, this is an opinion on taking VJ forward, I think it would have been a lot more pro active for you to have asked him in the forum to stop the personal attacks. This has been done in the past. Consistency is the key.

Point noted, CW.

The point is, EVERYONE feels attacked, and EVERYONE uses that as justification for attacking the other. This dynamic cannot be moderated by anyone other than one's self.

There are some pretty nasty things being said in here. I cannot for the life of me understand how one can claim the high road at the same time as contributing to the poo fling.

It's a never ending cycle which will only end when each party wants it to end. The mods can do everything under the sun....but finger wagging and punishments only go so far.