6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey guys,

Hope everyone here is well. I had a question about DS-230. If I am trying to follow James shortcuts, do I fill out 230 part I and II or just part I??

Thank you much

Hi asisun,

I think you need to send DS-230 part I only to NVC. You can also double check with information on Department of State website.

Sufi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Everyone I do not do anything with the K3 packet now, right?

Do I have to make a request to get the K3 interview date upgraded to a CR-1 interview?

I just follow the instructions on the CR-1 3.5 packet, right?

Is it a good idea to be at the interview with my wife?

People with experience, please advise...

Also what do they ask, and what do you take for the interview?

I-130 (CR1) Form:

• Received NAO1 on April 14, 2006
  • Approved on July 14, 2006
  • Received DS-3032 & Fee for Affidavit on August 07, 2006
  • Waiting for my wife to receive the DS-3032; Mailed out Affidavit Fee on August 09, 2006
  • Mailed out immigration fee on September 25, 2006
  • Overnighted I-864 Affidavit on October 2, 2006
  • Spouse mailed DS230 part I & copy of biographic page from Pakistan on October 23, 2006 (Pakistan date)
  • DS230 part I & copy of biographic page arrives to the NVC on November 06, 2006
  • Case Completed at NVC on November 30, 2006.
  • CR-1 forwarded December 07, 2007, and arrived at Islamabad Embassy on December 12, 2006.
  • Wife picks up packet for CR-1 on January 10, 2007.

I-129F (K3) Form:

• NOA1 received on June 08, 2006
  • Stamped and mailed a RFAE notice on November 14, 2006 to Homeland Security. Sent next day but too late for K3...
  • USCIS receives my RFAE on November 21, 2006, and case is now at the Missouri Service Center.
  • I-129F approved on November 28, 2006.
  • I-129F forwarded to Islamabad embassy on December 06, 2006.
  • Packet for K3 sent on January 08, 2007 and INTERVIEW DATE is assigned for January 30, 2007.

Timeline

One more question:

Will my wife be able to get the medical certificate on the spot right after getting the shots?

Does she have to call for an appointment?

I am going to be going to Pakistan.

What should I take with me?

Someone please answer my questions.

I-130 (CR1) Form:

• Received NAO1 on April 14, 2006
  • Approved on July 14, 2006
  • Received DS-3032 & Fee for Affidavit on August 07, 2006
  • Waiting for my wife to receive the DS-3032; Mailed out Affidavit Fee on August 09, 2006
  • Mailed out immigration fee on September 25, 2006
  • Overnighted I-864 Affidavit on October 2, 2006
  • Spouse mailed DS230 part I & copy of biographic page from Pakistan on October 23, 2006 (Pakistan date)
  • DS230 part I & copy of biographic page arrives to the NVC on November 06, 2006
  • Case Completed at NVC on November 30, 2006.
  • CR-1 forwarded December 07, 2007, and arrived at Islamabad Embassy on December 12, 2006.
  • Wife picks up packet for CR-1 on January 10, 2007.

I-129F (K3) Form:

• NOA1 received on June 08, 2006
  • Stamped and mailed a RFAE notice on November 14, 2006 to Homeland Security. Sent next day but too late for K3...
  • USCIS receives my RFAE on November 21, 2006, and case is now at the Missouri Service Center.
  • I-129F approved on November 28, 2006.
  • I-129F forwarded to Islamabad embassy on December 06, 2006.
  • Packet for K3 sent on January 08, 2007 and INTERVIEW DATE is assigned for January 30, 2007.

Filed: Timeline

I am sorry i have not been replying to peoples questions. its hard going down memory lane in this hellish process. < years and months of AP/AR >. Stupid azz comments from people like Khalid makes me not want to even come to VJ. I will try to answer a few questions now. PM me if you want more details. here goes..

1.. if you are going K-3 you need to present all documents at the time of the interview.

2. if you are going k-3 and you want your case to be CR1. you need to contact your congressman. because, the congressman can see if the date can be moved up or changed to CR1 or make inquires on your case. also send a letter to the embassy. rember k-3 are already expedited so cant really make it faster than what it is gonna be.

3. medicals normally take about 2-3 days.

4.. attending interviews is OK. if the embassy allows you in with your spouse.

5. ladies get AP'AR RARELY but, it can happen. should your spouse get AP AR

start contacting your congressman and also call DEPARTMENT OF STATE for updates.

6. AP /AR can last 17 DAYS -2 years

shon.gif

Timeline
Reminder EMBASSY closed JAN 15th.. Coz its my birthday and well the world has to close in order to celebrate me being born in the world..:)

I know we're going to have pages of Happy Birthdays now, but let me be the first to say Happy Birthday! :thumbs:

K3 Visa Process:

I130:

08/10 - Mailed to VSC

08/14 - Received by VSC

08/19 - Received NOA1 (I-797C)

12/13 - Approved!

12/18 - Received NOA2 (I-797C)

I129F:

08/22 - Mailed to Chicago

08/25 - Received by Chicago

09/02 - Received NOA1 (I-797C)

10/23 - Transferred to VSC

11/01 - Received by VSC

12/13 - Approved!

12/18 - Received NOA2 (I-797C)

12/18 - Transferred to NVC, then to Embassy

02/01 - Received Packet 3

02/02 - Medical

02/06 - K3 Interview

02/14 - Received K3 Visa!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am sorry i have not been replying to peoples questions. its hard going down memory lane in this hellish process. < years and months of AP/AR >.

HAPPAY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. :thumbs:

17th January 06----I-130 Approved

NVC

6th March 06------- Receive DS3032 letter (in Pakistan)

10th March 06----- DS3032 sent back to NVC

20th July 06------- Receive duplicate DS230 packet

14th September 06-----Case completed and sent US embassy Islamabad

ISLAMABAD EMBASSY

7th November 06----- Embassy upgrade my petition from F2A to IR1.

8th November 06----- Receive packet 3.5 through TCS.

16th November 06---- Embassy receive packet 3.5 and pending for review.

18th January 07----------- Receive Packet 4.

26th March 07------------ Medical Done

29th March 07 ---- INTERVIEW AT 8:00 am

APPROVED ---------- AP Starts

13th July 07 --------- AP END RECEIVE VISA

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=61439&hl= (INTERVIEW DETAILS)

29th July 07 ---------- Arrived US

30th July 07 ---------- Apply for social security card.

22nd August 07 --------- Social Security Card arrived.

31st August 07----------- Green Card Arrived.

------------------------------------------

12th April 2012-------------------- Check was cashed.

23rd FEBRUARY 2012 ---------------CITIZEN INTERVIEW (WILL UPDATE TIMELINE)

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello to all VJ members!

Well first of all many many happy returns of the day BABY BUNNY and wish you a very happy birthday with warm wishes.

I am new to this forum and would like to brief just a little about me that, I am stuck with the Islamabad embassy on AP since last year and still no word yet. I was interviewed and was put on AP now it has been more than 7 months and they are still doing my last check. Name and fingerprints checks are cleared, what is is the last one???

Edited by TIME FRAME

Blessings from Almighty ALLAH for all of us.

Hello to all VJ members!

Well first of all many many happy returns of the day and wish you a very happy birthday with warm wishes.

I am new to this forum and would like to brief just a little about me that, I am stuck with the Islamabad embassy on AP since last year and still no word yet. I was interviewed and was put on AP now it has been more than 7 months and they are still doing my last check. Name and fingerprints checks are cleared, what is is the last one???

welcome ...

have you contacted DOS? what are they saying?

ask them this.. " Are you in the correct order in the process? or getting skipped over "

see what their response is.. if your not being processed in the correct order they have to make sure you are.

also contact your congressman to do inquireys- check often on current status.

also ask DOS when was the LAST security check ordered..:)

hopefully this information helps you.

shon.gif

we were on AP/Ar 1 year and 5 months..

I am gonna tell each one of you... keep the faith.. it cant last as long as it has for us.

we had a COMPLEXED situation.

the best way to cope is Keep bugging the hell out of your congressman , DOS.

call DOS everyday if you want.. but, dont loose hope...

I called DOS daily.. and eventully the agents reconized me and they would have iddle conversations with me..one lady gave advise on a few things.. :)

shon.gif

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife contacted the state dept and they said that they will follow up the request with the relavant agencies. She also contacted the congressman and they said that they will contact us as soon as they hear something from the state dept.

Should I call the embassy and ask them or no? I emailed them and they said STILL PENDING. Please let me know with you best advice so I can her know what to do next.

Thanks alot!

Blessings from Almighty ALLAH for all of us.

I finally got an update to both my visas pending. I got the interview date which will be updated to CR-1, Alhamdulilah.

All praise is due to Allah, the All-Mighty!

The day is drawing closer and closer...

I am leaving to Pakistan in less than two weeks now as well...

Is it a good idea to be at the interview with my wife?

People with experience, please advise...

Also what do they ask, and what do you take?

I think you need to take:

emails, pics, DVDs, cards, letters

anything that can prove you have a relationship.

also

if you added her to anything - take proof of it..

example..

I added my husband to my legal insurance, medical benifits and added his name

to a few subcriptions i had.. :) this helps..

if you have 401k , profit sharing , stocks, bonds, etc.. Print out the balance this helps too..:)

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.