aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I would like to ask a question. Can anybody tell me what paperwork i would need (us citizen) to get married to a pakistani in pakistan? Do i need to go to the embassy in Pakistan to get that unmarried document? He goes to school in Russia now and when i visit we plan on going to Pakistan to get married. Then after couple years he will return to Pakistan to live so we could file then. Please any information would be appreciated. Also, when we get to Pakistan we would only have a couple weeks to do this. Is this possible?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Missinghim,

THANKS MARY !!! BUT I WANTED TO KNOW WHEN I SPOKE TO THE AID HE SAID THAT IT CAN'T BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME. THAT ONCE MY HUSBAND GOES THROUGH THE PROCESS AND THAN THEY ASK FOR A WAIVER ONLY THAN CAN I GET IT MADE. IS THIS INFO CORRECT OR SHOULD I CONTACT SOMEONE ELSE?

This link is about having a waiver ready at time of interview so I just wanted to show it to you. Good luck!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=35803&hl=

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey Pugsly,

The only thing I needed was the Visa to get into Pakistan :D

We were married my 3rd day there, I did not have to show or prove anything to marry Nas.

Laney

I would like to ask a question. Can anybody tell me what paperwork i would need (us citizen) to get married to a pakistani in pakistan? Do i need to go to the embassy in Pakistan to get that unmarried document? He goes to school in Russia now and when i visit we plan on going to Pakistan to get married. Then after couple years he will return to Pakistan to live so we could file then. Please any information would be appreciated. Also, when we get to Pakistan we would only have a couple weeks to do this. Is this possible?

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey can anyone tell me how they know which one is package 3 and which is package 4. I don't know the difference but my husband got a package for his interview. And I am reading how everyone is getting package 3 and sending things in and than get package 4. But he is saying it doesn't say anything about mailing anything in. That he thinks that he just takes everything to the interveiw. It has all the info for the medical report and police report and affidavit of support..etc in it.

Also does anyone know if I have to actually show a bank statement or can I just get a letter stating that I have a certain amount in my account and get it notarized. How much should be the min that I show??? :help:

Missinghim,
THANKS MARY !!! BUT I WANTED TO KNOW WHEN I SPOKE TO THE AID HE SAID THAT IT CAN'T BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME. THAT ONCE MY HUSBAND GOES THROUGH THE PROCESS AND THAN THEY ASK FOR A WAIVER ONLY THAN CAN I GET IT MADE. IS THIS INFO CORRECT OR SHOULD I CONTACT SOMEONE ELSE?

This link is about having a waiver ready at time of interview so I just wanted to show it to you. Good luck!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=35803&hl=

Mary

Timeline

OVer staying a visa means waiver (unless he was admitted in student status). If so, then waivers for Pakistan after submitting are taking 15 months minimum to approve! I know of cases pending for about two years now too!

The waivers are sent to Rome for Adjudication

Shon, a whole bunch of clearances came back to the embassy. Call DOS and ask them what they have to say!

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Timeline
Hey can anyone tell me how they know which one is package 3 and which is package 4.

Package 4 is for the CR/IR 1 visas. It is the actual date for interview.

I don't know the difference but my husband got a package for his interview. And I am reading how everyone is getting package 3 and sending things in and than get package 4. But he is saying it doesn't say anything about mailing anything in. That he thinks that he just takes everything to the interveiw. It has all the info for the medical report and police report and affidavit of support..etc in it.

Yes, he is to bring all to the interview for my understanding. Shonnie, Michigan or Hafiz please verify this for me since I did the CR1.

Also does anyone know if I have to actually show a bank statement or can I just get a letter stating that I have a certain amount in my account and get it notarized. How much should be the min that I show??? :help:

Not sure if you have the I-485 financial or the I-134 to submit to the embassy but you have to fill these out and show all the information that they request with the submission. Bank statements, W2's, etc.

Hope this helps and wishing you good luck!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

OH MY GOD!!!! R U KIDDING ME.... almost 2 years. Oh my god I will just freaking go insane. This is ridiculous. I never knew about any of this immigration stuff till I got married (I am a born Citizen). I can't believe this, any way you think of speeding it up????

OVer staying a visa means waiver (unless he was admitted in student status). If so, then waivers for Pakistan after submitting are taking 15 months minimum to approve! I know of cases pending for about two years now too!

The waivers are sent to Rome for Adjudication

Shon, a whole bunch of clearances came back to the embassy. Call DOS and ask them what they have to say!

Timeline

Sorry Shonnie I thought maybe you would have some good news since Michigan posted for you to call DOS.

Mary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

InshaAllah We all Will hear Good News Sooner.

We are Pure in Love and honest to the Whole System, we Have to get news Now!

Guys TIme to Pray more Now, DOnt Miss And Mess These last 10 days Of Holy Ramdhan.

"Inn Allah ha Kulli Shae unn Qadeer" (Verse From Holy Quran)

Timeline

Yes! an excellent resource on Waivers is www.immigrate2us.net, I would suggest hiring a good Waiver lawyer! As waivers can be really tricky. Laurel Scott is an excellent lawyer www.visacentral.net I think is her website.

Waivers cannot be expedited, until and unless its a dire emergency. Is your husband in Pakistan or US? If he is in the US, your safe file all paperwork immediately if he isnt in deportation proceedings.

If he was removed, then he has to file I-601 waiver. If you have filed for K-3 and CR-1 whatever reaches embassy first he would be interviewed for that. Then he would be refused a visa for over staying in the US and would be told that he can file for a waiver, then comes the fun part a waiver needs to be prepared along with fees and submitted. Your husband will be then finger printed and then the wait starts....

Like I said, I know people who have been waiting two years AFTER there interview on waivers. Its just sad, but waivers just take forever (especially for people from Pakistan).

Shon and A1v,

I am with you on this boat guys! Dont give up hope! A1v how long has it been for you now? Shon I feel for you. Dont give up hope. If it makes you feel better, I am close to one year on my interview too now and I get the same responses just like you..

Like A1v says last ten days of Ramzan, maybe that will bring us some good luck..

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Filed: Timeline
Yes! an excellent resource on Waivers is www.immigrate2us.net, I would suggest hiring a good Waiver lawyer! As waivers can be really tricky. Laurel Scott is an excellent lawyer www.visacentral.net I think is her website.

Waivers cannot be expedited, until and unless its a dire emergency. Is your husband in Pakistan or US? If he is in the US, your safe file all paperwork immediately if he isnt in deportation proceedings.

If he was removed, then he has to file I-601 waiver. If you have filed for K-3 and CR-1 whatever reaches embassy first he would be interviewed for that. Then he would be refused a visa for over staying in the US and would be told that he can file for a waiver, then comes the fun part a waiver needs to be prepared along with fees and submitted. Your husband will be then finger printed and then the wait starts....

Like I said, I know people who have been waiting two years AFTER there interview on waivers. Its just sad, but waivers just take forever (especially for people from Pakistan).

Shon and A1v,

I am with you on this boat guys! Dont give up hope! A1v how long has it been for you now? Shon I feel for you. Dont give up hope. If it makes you feel better, I am close to one year on my interview too now and I get the same responses just like you..

Like A1v says last ten days of Ramzan, maybe that will bring us some good luck..

The USICS and DOS all them in the red tape hell.

dont want to approve any PK men.. I dont understand why. how can this be fixed.

the wait times are excessive, cruel and dishearting.

May was the last time we seen any men approved :(

shon.gif

Timeline

Ok well my husband wasn't actually deported he left on his own. On his records when u call this 800# and put in his alien # it comes up and says exclusion. SO I dont really know what that means. So he wasn't really deported under the expense of the U.S. I don't knw I am getting even more and more dishearted everyday. I just hope by some miracle of Allah that this goes through. I dont even know what to expect. I am just expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Thanks anyway guys!! You all have been very helpful.

I looked on the website for the attorney, she is pretty expensive. I will look into it more though. I would like someone local in NY or even NJ. Anyone know of someone please let me know.

Shon and A1v,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.