Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Anyone knows once the security clearance is done and the file is on CO's table waiting to be reviewed how long can the adjudication take?!

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Timeline

My wife just called, she recvd package via TCS from the Embassy with an interview date and list of required documents that she needs to bring with her. Her interview is Sept 29.

It took ISL embassy approx 2 weeks to respond since receiving the file from NVC and gave her 1 month to plan the interview which appears very reasonable.

Inshallah, shw will get her visa on the interview date.

All the best to everyone !!

N

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Anyone knows once the security clearance is done and the file is on CO's table waiting to be reviewed how long can the adjudication take?!

Well i Have same Question As Michigan, Hey yaar michigan Why Dont u Call the Embassy And Ask this Question...? Hmm u Went to Emabssy na? to Give Passport?

Anyway Lets See if Someone knows About this Issue.

:)

Edited by a1v

My wife just called, she recvd package via TCS from the Embassy with an interview date and list of required documents that she needs to bring with her. Her interview is Sept 29.

It took ISL embassy approx 2 weeks to respond since receiving the file from NVC and gave her 1 month to plan the interview which appears very reasonable.

Inshallah, shw will get her visa on the interview date.

All the best to everyone !!

N

Good news nasir bhai. ALHAMDULILLAH. Are u sure TCS brought package or is that American Express? Thats what they have on the embassy's website as thier courier service.

Michigan!!!!!!!! Embassy is good and fast in responding emails. AV1 has the answer. Email them. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks babybunny. But Pakistanis aren't sold airline tickets to U.S.A without a visa in hand. Hope u also get ur bingo here soon. Aameen.

Good Luck everyone.

Filed: Timeline

are you kidding me? I thought you knew the answer to this question.

since you dont respect my responses.. I will point you to the direction of ....calling the

embassy. :lol::lol:

shon.gif

lol. you guys are so funny.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Congrats to the people whos spouses have been issued their visas. Good luck to the people who are awaiting their interviews. My husband had his K-3 interview on Sept. 1st. We went overboard getting together way more documents than were needed, just in case. He said everything went good and his visa was approved! They collected the required fees and his passport and told him he should be getting it back with a stamped visa in there within 15 days - 2 months. This sure sounds promising to me so hopefully it's true and his paperwork doesn't get lost or held up somewhere, etc.

My question is, is there ever a case where a visa has been approved, and the embassy gives a certain timeframe with a maximum amount of time for getting the stamped passport back, yet still exceeds the timeframe? I heard the collection of fees and passport is a good sign and basically it's a done deal. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Congrats to the people whos spouses have been issued their visas. Good luck to the people who are awaiting their interviews. My husband had his K-3 interview on Sept. 1st. We went overboard getting together way more documents than were needed, just in case. He said everything went good and his visa was approved! They collected the required fees and his passport and told him he should be getting it back with a stamped visa in there within 15 days - 2 months. This sure sounds promising to me so hopefully it's true and his paperwork doesn't get lost or held up somewhere, etc.

My question is, is there ever a case where a visa has been approved, and the embassy gives a certain timeframe with a maximum amount of time for getting the stamped passport back, yet still exceeds the timeframe? I heard the collection of fees and passport is a good sign and basically it's a done deal. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

REALLY? - well Congrats. maybe this is good news for all.. :dance::dance::dance:

but, its rare to get approval for a male < k-3 > and not get AP/AR.

they gave us the time frame of 30-60 days. that was the biggest joke.

you could Email the Embassy ask the status of the case. they cant either tell you the same thing

your huband said or tell you something diffrent. again congrats...

shon.gif

Timeline

Hi everyone,

REALLY? - well Congrats. maybe this is good news for all.. :dance::dance::dance:

you could Email the Embassy ask the status of the case. they cant either tell you the same thing

Shon,

Which visa was your husband approved for? Did the embassy take his passport afterwards and what reasons are they citing for taking longer than 30-60 days?

Hi everyone,

Shon,

Which visa was your husband approved for? Did the embassy take his passport afterwards and what reasons are they citing for taking longer than 30-60 days?

we applied for both..

for his k-3 interview they collected his passport and gave him a brownish TOKEN to get his passport later. they also gave him a Greenish blueish paper :

stated 221g admin processing

30-60 days. so we are 1 year and still waiting..

shon.gif

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Shon,

we applied for both..

for his k-3 interview they collected his passport and gave him a brownish TOKEN to get his passport later. they also gave him a Greenish blueish paper :

stated 221g admin processing

30-60 days. so we are 1 year and still waiting..

Did the embassy specifically tell your husband that his K-3 was approved and that it would be 30-60 days after that for the visa issuance, or, did they just take the passport and tell him that they would get back to him in 30-60 days? I just want to know where my husband and I stand at this moment in light of your situation and how long it has taken you guys thus far. Thanks.

Timeline

dont worry, it seems like a typical case of AR/AP. Your case is ok, just need to wait on security clearances. In which time frame cannot be predicted! Hopefully will be done soon. Minimum its taking is 3 months!

I-129 (Brief Version):

I-765 (Brief Version):

I-131

I-130 (Brief)

Timeline
dont worry, it seems like a typical case of AR/AP. Your case is ok, just need to wait on security clearances. In which time frame cannot be predicted! Hopefully will be done soon. Minimum its taking is 3 months!

What I don't get is how they can say 60 days max when they know that it could take longer? Why don't they just say a few months or something and not get our hopes up and expect that it will be done in their "max" time of 60 days or even in as little as 15 days?

Timeline

well if you look at the piece of paper, it says each case is considered individually but usually it takes 45 days. Let me give u an example, I am not trying to discourage you, my visa interview went real well but I was put on AR was told to wait 45 days and I am waiting for 10 months! I am not sayingyours will take that long usually people get the visa in 3-6 months but I am saying it can take many months!

I-129 (Brief Version):

I-765 (Brief Version):

I-131

I-130 (Brief)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.